29 Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress Reviews

Browse Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 19 Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress Review Ratings)
2.3
2.2
2.6
2.7
in Brooklyn, NY

"This is not a company to work for. I never worked in a company that you owe them money or be in "deficit" for not having generated delivered furniture in the week. If a customer does not want it into the week, managers get mad. You cannot force a customer to have delivered goods into the week if he or she is not ready for delivery. When you have it delivered into the week, you get paid. It does not always work that way."

in Wilmington, DE

"I just watched a tenured employee get butchered for a clerical error. This person bent over backwards for this company and they were crushed. This place is terrible to work for, I DO NOT RECOMMEND this company at all."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress (29)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is MCI (506)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress (29)
in Liverpool, NY

"It's a great company to work for."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Web Developer
in Liverpool, NY

"I feel Raymour and Flanigan is a good company although they do have a new supervisor in there Web Development department who is not quite good at his job because he has poor communication skills which ruined my experience there. The communication between employees and Supervisors/Managers there is very poor as a whole. Also the chairs they supply there for there employees were very poor and would do a number on your back, I was quite shocked by that since it was a furniture company."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Average Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2012 $2
2013 $1
in Liverpool, NY

"Horrible work environment. Weak, incompetent store management, useless and clueless regionals and VP's, narcissistic and malicious ownership. Unethical sales associates will steal sales while store management whistles and looks the other way. If you dare complain about this you are branded a trouble maker."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Senior Sales Consultant
in Cherry Hill, NJ

"I have worked for several Fortune 500 companies including American Express and Nissan North America Motors which employs over 500,000 worldwide, and has a great tool for customer satisfaction and retention, and a strong and effective cultural and national diversity. An excellent opportunity to work for these great companies."

Associate
in Williamstown, NJ

"A wake up call to get a another job. Don't get sucked into their world."

What do you like about working at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress?

"Benefits were the only decent thing. Drinking all the Raymour water every day."

"Just show up, I'm almost positive you can get hired for just breathing."

What don't you like about working at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress?

"I'm positive they hate their employees. I've never in my life seen people get put down so much. Now that I'm gone I cant believe how bad the majority of the showroom managers were. Their idea of motivation was to make you scared!!! Also upper management lives in a glass bubble; you'll get no help from them. The HR department is sub par at best, only one girl went out of her way to help you. the others were lazy and actually sucked at their job. Constant pay cuts for sales staff every year hurt, while managers constantly got the raises."

"Learn to treat your staff with respect. And powdered eggs once a year is a slap in the face."

Sales Consultant
in Sewell, NJ

"Sub par."

What do you like about working at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress?

"Most of the staff is friendly. Benefits are nice. 401k plan is also neat, but they never profit share even when there's growth. Working will people from all walks of life, never know who you will meet."

"Use this company as a last option. They'll hire just about anyone since its a revolving door."

What don't you like about working at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress?

"They work all the sales staff to the point you hate your life. I know sales jobs require bad hours; but this company takes it to the complete extreme. If you have a family, forget about ever seeing them again. Expects you to come in on your days off after you've already put in your hours. Won't let you leave early even though traffic dies off. They make you sit there till 9 on the dot. Runs sales till 10pm even though not a soul walks in the door. HR department is absolutely BAD. Example of motivating someone is to use threats and fear. Always finds a way to bash you even when your selling a lot of furniture. Constant pay decreases every year, via killing mattress spiffs and margins. Only company I've ever seen that actually penalizes you for selling extended financing. Someone should investigate that. Upper management always tries to play hardball, when in theory they couldn't sell water to a dehydrated dying human. Can't forget their antiqued computer system, uhhh can you say slow Its a joke. Lastly their Wednesday sale events have to be the biggest sham in retail history. Lost more sales then gained because of that joke."

"Your losing good sales people all the time due to your arrogance. The head of mattresses is totally dumb. Sealy Latex All I have to say."

Web Content Specialist

What do you like about working at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress?

"It is a relaxed and positive environment with a focus on teamwork."

"Be prepared to be a part of a team, and bring vision and ideas with you! Innovation is key!"

What don't you like about working at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress?

"Currently, a lack of guidance and direction from a supervisor."

"Improved focus on employee benefits and more awareness of each department in the company."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Sales Associate

"Kiss your life good bye"

What do you like about working at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress?

"The people I work with, everyone in sales sticks together. Management is completely clueless and only cares about buckets and numbers."

"Work here as a complete last resort.... I mean last.I'm three years plus, leave before your stuck here."

What don't you like about working at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress?

"Treat their employees like actual crap. Claim to be family first, but work their sales staff into exhuastion with constant sales. Store morale is hitting an all time low. Upper management micro-manages sales people to the point that long time associates are leaving in droves. Care little for employees, only care about the bottom line. Only place I ever worked where measureables mean more them delivered volume. Where lying to customers is promoted and accepted . The training classes tell you it's all candy and lollipops, but in reality get ready for a workplace full of fear and back stabbing. Lots of favoritism and the promotion ladder bottlenecks fast.Lastly the company takes money directly from your check for selling financing!!!! Such a scam."

"Learn how to treat the sales staff with respect, after all we make all the money for management to sit on their golden thrones. Listen to employee suggestions, after all we work the sales floors and most associates could sell circles around 99.5% of anyone in management."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Warehouse Supervisor
in Orchard Park, NY

What do you like about working at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress?

"nothing at all, zero benefits to working at this company"

"The pay at r and f is 22k a year... The thing wouldn't let me go that low this job is the worst I've ever had. Do not work here"

What don't you like about working at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress?

"The pay is terrible, doesn't match the workload, the term supervisor is a joke. Wouldn't ever recommend this job to anyone that isnt on welfare"

"I would never run a Company that encourages liars and deceit"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
General Sales Manager
in Jenkintown, PA

What do you like about working at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress?

"Excellent opportunity for growth. Great people. Opportunities for advancement. Large retailer."

"Knowledge of products and compnay. Ability to close a sale. Willingness to be flexible."

What don't you like about working at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress?

"Worked every weekend Sat & Sun with no days off unless approved vacation for 8 years."

"Better communication. More diversified staff. More job flexibility with hours."

Regional Director
Person You Work For 1.1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3.6 / 5
Support You Get 1.2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1.1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.1 / 5
Showroom Manager
Person You Work For 2.4 / 5 People You Work With 3.9 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2.5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.1 / 5
Furniture Repair Technician
in Malvern, PA

What do you like about working at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress?

"Nice co-workers, professional atmosphere, freedom to do my job, good health care."

"Save yourself the hassle. DO NOT work at Raymour. You will regret it unless you are dishonest, unethical, or willing to treat human beings like crap."

What don't you like about working at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattress?

"Unethical boss, horrible HR person, a culture of fear of getting fired. The HR person actually lied to me and when challenged, could not back up their position. The entire culture of the company is about making the owners rich by selling cheap furniture and using expired warranties or other parsing of word tricks to keep furniture in the customer's home and make it nearly impossible to return it unless they purchased Platinum coverage. Not honest by any means."

"Understand that you cannot treat human beings in the way that you allow your management/HR to treat them."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5