52 PSAV Presentation Services Reviews

Browse PSAV Presentation Services Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 27 PSAV Presentation Services Review Ratings)
2.6
in Harbor City, CA

"I have worked for PSAV for the past year and when I first heard about the company and spoke to a hiring representative at my school (LA Film), they pitched it as I would be doing audio work and running boards at events since I come from an audio background, but this was not the case. I have not yet been given the chance to show my skills to the company even after I spoke with my supervisor. Also, work slows down causing the company to schedule us into work for months."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
PSAV Presentation Services Employee

"Leadership is stunningly callous and responsibilities for action are always handed down to property staff with little or vague guidance. Just when you think this company has some standards...they hit a new low. Information is not properly shared and most properties have to "wing it" as best as they can and come up with sensible strategies that only help them to keep their jobs, but get no credit for it."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

PSAV Presentation Services (52)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Viacom (26)
3.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is JD Audio & Video Design (6)
in Colorado City, CO

"Poor pay. Horrible hours."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Riverton, UT

"HORRIBLE COMPANY! HR does not listen to employees. They have a very poor 401K, the process management within the company is so disorganized nothing gets done."

Average PSAV Presentation Services Ratings in the Past 3 Years

PSAV Presentation Services Employee

"I've worked with PSAV for over a decade and things went to bad to OK to actually good, then started to go down FAST when the merger started, then it went down hill at record speed. The employees are treated like garbage, labor laws are broken daily without consequences. HR will lie to you and do nothing about it. The company does have its moments but when push comes to shove the people at the bottom will suffer. Pay is as low as they can go (and since they are most of the industry) they can actually say (no matter the pay) that it is about industry average. Raises are capped at 3% (that is the highest, not the average). Moving up in the company is really hard unless you are inept and not a very good person (these people float to the top fast). After a while I could not take it any more and the first chance I got I bailed as I saw the that things will get worse."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Audio Visual Specialist
in Long Beach, CA

"Know people, get relationships going. Be aggressive while moving up the ladder."

Senior Technician

"A good place to get a start in AV. I love meeting all of the clients and doing such different events. With such a large company there is plenty of place to advance too. The pay is not great and it has become very corporate after the Swank AV and PSAV merger."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Lanham, MD

"My only word of advice is to do your research."

PSAV Presentation Services Employee

"Poor communication from senior management. A lot of confusing reporting and unnecessary paperwork to complete transactions. Benefits are reasonably good and have good rates, 401k could be better with company match. A lot of employee dissatisfaction with recent company mergers with removing salary employes to hourly with no notification. Very bottom line oriented."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Virtual Events Specialist
in Long Beach, CA

"The company is growing and currently is in house at 1200 hotel partners worldwide with 4500 employees. I currently support all 1200 locations for all their live streaming needs and live interactive video conferencing. Multipoint control. I manage sales and support, as well as logistics and maintenance. I assist with incorporating the live broadcast systems with existing AV setups or plans."

PSAV Presentation Services Employee

"A good stepping stone into the multimedia field. This job however requires little demand from their employees and you aren't pushed to increase your technical skills. In this position you are more used as a manual laborer for setting orders."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
PSAV Presentation Services Employee

"The company is a good company to start off with, but there are many things that need to be improved. They do not pay their technicians well enough to keep them. They lose many talented technicians to freelancing."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Event Technology Specialist
in Washington, DC

"PSAV provides audio-visual services to venues around the world and I find it needs to restructure its practices. Currently it is not conducive of happy employees. A good PSAV tech must possess a strong technical skill set to secure decent hours of work, be strong enough to perform the manual labor of setting up major equipment and give great customer service. You have no set hours and it weighs heavily on your personal life. The pay does not reflect the work of its employees."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
PSAV Presentation Services Employee

"I have worked for Swank/PSAV since 2011. I have found it to be a strong company that likes to promote from within, which allows for a lot of room for advancement. The company employs nearly 500 here in the Dallas area and is the largest Audio Visual company in the United States. I would recommend the company to friends and family."

Event Technology Specialist
in Costa Mesa, CA

"I worked for PSAV for 3 months and found it to be a good workplace and networked well with the clientele. The job position didn't work well for me though so I left to find a better fit."