Career Menu

991 Program Manager Reviews

Program Managers give their job an average rating of 3.7 out of 5.0. The Program Managers happiest with their jobs are employed by iBizSoft with an average rating of 0.0 while the Program Managers least happy with their jobs work for Unisys with an average rating of 1.1.

Submit a Review
"As a Program Manager (PgM) you're always learning. No two programs are the same because technology is constantly changing. Therefore, you are constantly in a learning mode. As the PgM, you have to learn new structure and processes. Thus, a Program Manager’s world is ever changing, growing and evolving – it’s a great ride! One more thing that I love about being a Program Manager is that you work with all sorts of interesting people. Program Management is a great training ground for future CEOs. Ability to manage things, risks, tasks, processes and at the same time lead people is for the few, the proud and the good PgMs. What do I hate about being a Program Manager, your success depends on the success of the team. You're now the head coach of Washington Redskins. If the team wins you take the glory, if the team does not win, you're toasted regardless of your previous accolades as a championship winning coach. Analogously, as a Program Manager you must rise above details mentality and become more of delegator and coordinator. Else I forget, to succeed as a PgM, you must maintain an open communication channel 24x7 and you must be a good and effective communicator; otherwise, don’t go down this path."
Posted 5 years ago in Chevy Chase, MD
Program Manager at Cisco Systems
Program Manager at Nordstrom
Program Manager at General Dynamics
in Chesapeake, VA

"I love working issues and supporting our customer. I hate dealing with the bureaucracy and the inability to be competitive with our rate structure."

Program Manager at Banner Health

"I love being a part of something larger than myself. When I am given the support needed to be successful, it is a great feeling to be able to make things happen. A real sense of achievement makes each day worth it."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Program Manager at University of North Carolina
in Chapel Hill, NC

"The autonomy and ability to see projects through from start to finish. I enjoy building the plane while flying it."

Program Manager at Dell
in Round Rock, TX

"Handling budgets, driving the end results for business need and dynamic environment and most important, maintain relationship."

Program Manager at Bargen Incorporated
in Princeton, NJ

"The love - work challenge and opportunity to explore more knowledge in the field. I had to create an intelligence module around the regulatory requirements for various regions, communicate and train them. I hate the communication barriers that restrict the job."

Program Manager at Microsoft
in Chevy Chase, MD

Program Manager at Siwel Consulting
in Temple Terrace, FL

"Thoroughly enjoyed the growth of the operation that expanded into several locations nationwide. Interaction with key Verizon personnel enabled a solid relationship that lasted for years. Satisfied in observing the growth of technicians into management and other roles beyond their expectation."

You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created
Jobs You Might Like