Career Menu

964 Program Manager Reviews

Program Managers give their job an average rating of 3.7 out of 5.0. The Program Managers happiest with their jobs are employed by iBizSoft with an average rating of 5.0 while the Program Managers least happy with their jobs work for Unisys with an average rating of 1.1.

Submit a Review
"I love being a part of something larger than myself. When I am given the support needed to be successful, it is a great feeling to be able to make things happen. A real sense of achievement makes each day worth it."
Posted 4 years ago
Program Manager at Nordstrom
Program Manager at General Dynamics
in Chesapeake, VA

"I love working issues and supporting our customer. I hate dealing with the bureaucracy and the inability to be competitive with our rate structure."

Program Manager at Banner Health

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Program Manager Career Rating Comparison

All Program Managers
5.0 Highest Rated Program Managers is at iBizSoft (2)
1.1 Lowest Rated Program Managers is at Unisys (8)
Program Manager at University of North Carolina
in Chapel Hill, NC

"The autonomy and ability to see projects through from start to finish. I enjoy building the plane while flying it."

Program Manager at Dell
in Round Rock, TX

"Handling budgets, driving the end results for business need and dynamic environment and most important, maintain relationship."

Program Manager at Bargen Incorporated
in Princeton, NJ

"The love - work challenge and opportunity to explore more knowledge in the field. I had to create an intelligence module around the regulatory requirements for various regions, communicate and train them. I hate the communication barriers that restrict the job."

Program Manager at Microsoft
in Chevy Chase, MD

"As a Program Manager (PgM) you're always learning. No two programs are the same because technology is constantly changing. Therefore, you are constantly in a learning mode. As the PgM, you have to learn new structure and processes. Thus, a Program Manager’s world is ever changing, growing and evolving – it’s a great ride! One more thing that I love about being a Program Manager is that you work with all sorts of interesting people. Program Management is a great training ground for future CEOs. Ability to manage things, risks, tasks, processes and at the same time lead people is for the few, the proud and the good PgMs. What do I hate about being a Program Manager, your success depends on the success of the team. You're now the head coach of Washington Redskins. If the team wins you take the glory, if the team does not win, you're toasted regardless of your previous accolades as a championship winning coach. Analogously, as a Program Manager you must rise above details mentality and become more of delegator and coordinator. Else I forget, to succeed as a PgM, you must maintain an open communication channel 24x7 and you must be a good and effective communicator; otherwise, don’t go down this path."

Program Manager at Siwel Consulting
in Temple Terrace, FL

"Thoroughly enjoyed the growth of the operation that expanded into several locations nationwide. Interaction with key Verizon personnel enabled a solid relationship that lasted for years. Satisfied in observing the growth of technicians into management and other roles beyond their expectation."

Program Manager at Qualcomm
Program Manager at Qualcomm

"It's an easy job for me. I want more responsibilities like I had as a product line manager."

Program Manager at TATA
in Jersey City, NJ

"Interacting with all layers of the company or customer from Strategic to operational is a positive. Unless you take conscious effort you may soon be out dated in technology as your work doesn't involve hands on technology."

Program Manager at Microsoft
in Redmond, WA

"I enjoy everything about Program Management. I am a good learner and love challenges. As a PM I get to face them more often. So far there is nothing that I don't like"

Program Manager at TATA
in Cleveland, OH

"I have built a good team and customers so that has helped a lot. I love everything about it."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Program Manager at G Force Technology Consulting, Inc
in Falls Church, VA

"Business & Technology Consulting on a project/contract basis enables attaining a comprehensive knowledge of many different types of business models and vertical markets, as well as the ability to understand how different federal, state and local government organizations operate. However there is something to be said for working with a single organization on a long-term basis and cultivating, developing, implementing and achieving a concise long-term vision."

Program Manager at Community Options
in Pittsburgh, PA

"I love that I build a strong relationship with my workers that work with me. Things that I hate is that all the other managers love to gossip and start problems with other co-workers."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created
Jobs You Might Like