(based on 23 JDS Uniphase Review Ratings)
in Germantown, MD

"This is a decent company to work for. Not much opportunities for internal promotion though."

in Ottawa, ON

"I worked at JDSU for more than 10 years and it's an employment of choice."

JDS Uniphase (37)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is Richmond American Homes (29)
2.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Osmose (11)
IT Manager
in Brazil, IN

"Responsibilities: • Infrastructure Brazil: datacenter (Win / Linux), notebooks, desktops, proxy, LAN and WAN servers • Telecommunications: landed telephony, mobile and data links • Totvs Microsiga Protheus (ERP) • EBS Oracle e-Business Suite roll out for Brazil • Oracle Database 10g • Procedures for Information Security of DR • Periodic reports to financial month close and immediate superior in the US. • Management of IT in Brazil, Latin America and Florida / USA. Main Results: • Cost reduction of 60% in mobiles bills nationally with 400% increase in smartphones. • Migration of ERP version generating 70% reduction in time billing • Maximization of investment, with better usability Microsiga Protheus system • Performance gain in critical operations (Closing Monthly) • Implementation of all SPED obligations: NFE 2.0; SPEDs (EFD Accounting / Tax / PIS / COFINS) within their deadlines and all files sent without the presence of alerts. • Update all hardware level Brazil, with 60 laptops, 6 servers, 20 desktops. • New structure of Data center • Increased by 5 times faster structure Internet links, and 25% reduction in costs. Global Projects • Systems integration post acquisition of companies • Significant contribution in discussions to implement Oracle EBS E-Business Suite, with global roll out, meeting the regional particularities of Brazil (Mastersaf and Synchro systems). • Global IT Support and Networking implementation"

JDS Uniphase Employee

"I had worked for JDSU over the the past 14+ years in several locations and 2 different countries. JDSU is made up of several different companies that were acquired over the years. This has led to many challenges for JDSU in trying to find a single identity. This is playing out right now as the company is splitting again into 2 different entities. The employees are in a constant state of flux, this leads to many challenges for the employees."

Average JDS Uniphase Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Milpitas, CA
in Richardson, TX

"I worked as a contractor and was not given the opportunity to learn the system on the job as expected. I was expected to work more hours than the 40 allotted with no overtime. The ticketing system was poorly done with no explanation of work which left you guessing or having to ask for details."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Rowlett, TX

"JDSU is a wide ranging company with many different business units. Not sure if the right hand knows what the left hand is doing. if you like to work in manufacturing it might be interesting."

JDS Uniphase Employee

"I can set my own hours and work from the house which helps balance the work life ration. It does cut down on the commute time and allows more time with the family"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Production Technician
in Germantown, MD

"I've worked at JDSU Uniphase for 13 years make my way up from assembler to electronic technician within 2 years of service to the company; I used to configure units to match customers requirements, train various team members as well as achieved company goals."

JDS Uniphase Employee

"The products are moving away from network management so it is time to look for a new challenge."

in Bloomfield, CT

"I have lots of ambition to excel, but JDSU does not offer the opportunities to excel. Compensation is mediocre at best and the work/life balance is poor at best."

in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Its a great company to work with, the problem is that they adjust the budget cutting and adding people. Even when the company has a great technology, for some reason it seems to be that is loosing revenue and market."

in Germantown, MD

"I worked at JDSU for 7+ years. The best thing about the group I work in is the people. I know I can depend on everyone I work with on a day-to-day basis. Unfortunately the trust stops there. Middle and upper management is very disconnected from the individual contributor. Communication is one directional and the thoughts and ideas of engineers are rarely considered."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
Senior Project Manager
in Milpitas, CA

"I worked here for 7 months and worked on exciting projects. But it seems that the company culture is very stressful and requiring people to working long hours without providing additional compensation."

Electronics Engineer
in Salem, VA

What do you like about working at JDS Uniphase?

"There are many good people I interact with; the Salem facility promotes a professional environment"

"Determine whether there is a specific project which is being interviewed for."

What don't you like about working at JDS Uniphase?

"Lack of direction on a project level ... no real sense of urgency and very little accountability."

"Give up some central control ... allow more decisions to be made at the local sites"