(based on 209 Jacobs Review Ratings)
I&C Systems Engineer
in San Dimas, CA

"I think, that today in most of the engineering companies their management crew have more interest to interface with the design engineering team for in order to be aware of the design crew determination and difficulties, therefore Jacobs younger management should perform in the same manner."

Control Systems Engineer
Executive Administrator
Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3.9 / 5 Work Setting 3.1 / 5
Support You Get 3.4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.9 / 5
Project Designer
Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 4.5 / 5 Work Setting 4.5 / 5
Support You Get 4.5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.6 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Way You Work 4.3 / 5
Senior Project Manager
Person You Work For 4.2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4.4 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.8 / 5
Jacobs Employee
Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3.8 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4.4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.8 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.6 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Way You Work 3.6 / 5
Senior Design Consultant

"Always keep marketing the civil group on any civil projects, not just what is their specialty."

Principal Electrical Designer

"Father worked, their brother and myself, dependable company. Would go back if had an opening."

Graphic Designer

What do you like about working at Jacobs?

"It was a very laid back environment, and I only had to take one tram to get there."

"If you know how to make designs and/or animations oriented towards machinery used to build tunnels, you'd probably fit very well."

What don't you like about working at Jacobs?

"I have no complaints. I just didn't do a lot of Flash work there, and I would really like to do Flash."

Senior Estimator

What do you like about working at Jacobs?

"My work had a noticeable impact for the clients, as well as my co-workers. It was a great work environment and the work structure was very flexible."

"Be confident in your abilities and take every opportunity presented to increase or advance them."

"Take more calculated risks. Use internal estimates to win work and then buy the project out with competetive subcontract and vendor/material bids to increase the margins substantially as well as increase the level of overall performance by active and aggressive project management."

Production Engineer

"Good employer for folks who will work and put forth the effort required to earn a living"

What do you like about working at Jacobs?

"Thoes who do not work are let go , thoes who do get to work another day."

What don't you like about working at Jacobs?

"It is a career with limited growth potential, how ever they are growing and may require my assistance in teaching soon."

Senior Engineer

What do you like about working at Jacobs?

"My peers had great experience. I was very comfortable around them and freedom I enjoyed in working there."

"It is a great company to work for. You have to show that you are a self starter and proactive. Jacobs needs people who take initiative."

"I am sure management does everything to obtain projects, if they can keep projects work consistent and provide feeling of stability to the staff, will greatly help with the morale."

Lead Designer

"Getting humble and hungry enough to compete in the marketplace so that the lay-offs will stop."

Information Systems Analyst

What don't you like about working at Jacobs?

"To many levels of management to approval to purchase hardware needed to get the job done."

"Allow individuals to make the final decision with only one level of management to purchase hardware."

Reporter

"Be very careful with this company. It is a boy's club. Women are not treated well."

What don't you like about working at Jacobs?

"The company is cheap and unprofessional. There is an employee revolving door on some contracts."

"You need to learn how to act professionally. Firing employees without following your own employee handbook does not look good to prospective employees or contracts."