On average, employees at Jacobs give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Jacobs employees are Structural Engineers submitting an average rating of 4.6 and Contractors with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 215 Jacobs Review Ratings)

in Corvallis, OR

"I worked with Jacobs in Corvallis for four months and I learned a lot about how engineering companies help their clients. My coworkers were very cooperative and more than willing to take time to help me understand tasks that I was assigned to do. Because of Jacobs, I now understand how important it is to work efficiently and communicate with everyone on your team."

Jacobs Employee

"The ability to move up at Jacobs is extremely difficult due to their constant acquisitions that bring in more people."

in Cleveland, OH

"I have worked for Jacobs for 24 years and gained a lot of knowledge through my travel in the states and overseas"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Colorado Springs, CO

"Good company to work for, with access to great equipment."

in Black Hawk, CO

"A good company to work for. It can be challenging since this is a 24 hour 365 day company that is always open. The GMs and management team like the company and the team they work for. If you can get in with them, it’ll be a great experience to have."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Anchorage, AK

"Jacobs corporate culture was horrible. It seemed like their mottos were "Policy and procedures over people" and "Corporate is always right". I worked in the same office from 2006 to 2020, in different departments for different managers. The company was acquired four times during my tenure. We were Jacobs from December 2017 to April 2019 and it was the worst managed acquisition I had been part of. On Day 1, Jacobs started layoffs. The WARN Act requires employers give 60 days notice of mass layoffs. Jacobs avoided the requirement by laying off less than 50 people in a location at one time. They didn't even notify local managers ahead of time. Instead, each Friday from December through March, Corporate sent local managers a list of employees to layoff the following Monday. It got so bad by the end that HR referred to it as the "March Massacre". After the initial layoffs, Corporate managers traveled across the company to hold town hall meetings. The message was basically, "There are great things ahead. We're streamlining for efficiencies, so if there's someone elsewhere in the company who can do your job cheaper, you're out." Corporate's streamlined efficiencies included aligning job titles across the enterprise. That's Jacobs-speak for changing people's job classifications, usually moving them to a lower rank and salary. The alignment didn't take industry sector or cost of living into account. Nor did it include the expanded job responsibilities following the massive layoffs. We had 6 different insurance plans in the 16 months under Jacobs. Local managers had little authority with their teams, contracts, clients, or vendors. Corporate dictated daily operations. It was a huge relief when Worley acquired the division! The only good thing about working at Jacobs was their Editorial Style Guide. I improved the readability and clarity of our documents because the guide required active voice and a conversational tone. I still use the guidelines in my current job."

Software Developer
in Hanover, MD

"I have worked for Jacobs Engineering since I was an intern in 2018. At the time we were KeyW and then merged with Jacobs in 2019. Having experienced working with Jacobs, I can confidently say that I feel like a valued member of a company that strives for innovation and inclusion."

in Pasadena, CA

"I have been employed by JACOBS for over 10 years. Due to COVID - 19 Virus, I am seeking a local firm that has a need for someone with my skills and experience. I would welcome the opportunity to meet and discuss this further. Thank you, Bob Hennessy PE 925-997-2956"

in Greenville, SC

"I enjoy working at Jacobs. Each office is different, and have their own oddities, but there are good people that take care of each other."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Charlotte, NC

"I worked with Jacobs for 2 years. The culture was changing for the better, and they tend to promote from within."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Project Planner
in Paramus, NJ

"I worked for Jacobs Telecom for the Past 7 years, Started in 2013 in Pennsylvania, working on Decom of Metro PCS when they were acquired by T-Mobile, After that I was transferred to the NYC Market until 2014, Were I would work on the ATT LTE 5G System Upgrade, and Enhanced 911 Project."

QA Manager
in Idaho Falls, ID

"I believe that at Jacobs, people are the heart of their business. They have an excellent focus on inclusion, with a diverse team of doers. They strive to embrace all perspectives; collaborating to make a positive impact. "Today is an opportunity to live our values by speaking up and speaking out against injustice". Jacobs believes in the same and is committed to driving and achieving real change – creating a tomorrow we can all be proud of, standing together as one."

Jacobs Employee

"Very forward thinking company that values its employees."

Mechanical Engineer
in Corvallis, OR

"Jacobs is one of the worlds leading civil engineering groups as they design facilities all over the world. My office worked on wastewater treatment facilities. The work environment was very friendly and the team were very helpful in the learning process."

Jacobs Employee

"The company has no work life balance. They expect you to work 60 hours a week and not be compensated for it. Oh yea, they stopped matching 401k."