On average, employees at Jacobs give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Jacobs employees are Structural Engineers submitting an average rating of 4.6 and Control Systems Engineers with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 153 Jacobs Review Ratings)
Jacobs Employee

"Worked here for 10 years. Management is negative and not supportive. You are never valued as an employee. Do not work here unless you want to be miserable."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Arlington, VA

"Jacobs is an okay place to start your career, but you can never move up. Especially if you are a woman or minority. Women get paid far less than men for doing the same or higher level job. New local management is much better than the previous, but lack of integrity by some higher ups and management's inability or lack of desire to deal with it has lowered morale. Benefits are poor. No training. Projects are doled out based on favoritism. Safety culture is good but employees know training is for insurance and legal purposes."

Subcontracts Administrator

"Your employer is only as good as your boss. My boss is selfish, and does nothing to motivate her staff to grow and advance in their career. In addition, top management does not make their direct report managers accountable. And don't count on getting your annual review in the contracts department!"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Orlando, FL

"Jacobs is strictly a contracting organization. I worked with ASG directly for the DoD. Jacobs provides very little opportunity for a technical career path from my view of the company. Either you don't move up or you become an HR guy. Compared to many organizations in this line of work Jacobs does look out for its employees. Although my last experience with the company wasn't up to past standards, so immediate supervisors do make a big difference in how expendable the employee is viewed."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Average Jacobs Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Manufacturing Engineer
in Bloomfield, CT

"I started in November 2014 and am on a 3-6 month contract. I enjoy the work, coworkers, and the plant environment. I just do not like the location as I am from SC and have no intentions of moving to CT. I only wish that Jacobs Vehicle Systems had a plant in SC - that would make me very happy!!!"

Project Coordinator
in Arlington, VA

"I worked for Jacobs from 2008-2011. This is a great company to work for in the engineering industry."

in Baton Rouge, LA

"I work for this company at a mine job site, good hours, they provide transportation to the job site, good pay, good PPE provided; anything and everything needed. And overall, good safety practice and well fair treatment to its employees."

in Fort Walton Beach, FL

"Jacobs is definitely a great company to work for. They value their people and go the extra mile for them in order to retain the best talent."

in Kingsport, TN

"Jacobs is a good company to work for."

Electrical Design Engineer
in Pasadena, TX

"I have associated with Jacobs since last 3 years."

Structural Engineer
in Baton Rouge, LA

"I've worked at Jacobs Engineering for 2 years."

Safety Supervisor
in Geismar, LA

"My review of Jacobs is a company that does not respect it's employee, they don't live on what they preach. Integrity, Honor, and Safety. Neither one of these actions they believe in now, no guidance, it's more like "fire the new people and bring in their people." And they won't give you a reason that you're fired, no one answers the phone or email at the Human resources office. This company is terrible I don't recommend anyone to work for this company."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Program Manager
in Fort Worth, TX

"I've worked for Jacobs Engineering since August 2000 as part of the acquisition of Carter & Burgess, Inc."

Lead Structural Engineer
in Tucson, AZ

"Jacobs is a very good company with emphasize on customer relationship and safety.I enjoyed my time in Jacobs and met nice people from different part of the world.Diversity of the company is unbelievable and I can see myself working with them for years to come."

Electrical Design Engineer
in Parkersburg, WV

"The work was at high turnout and demanded to be achieved."