(based on 19 IKEA Review Ratings)
Forklift Operator

"Great company to work for, many locations world wide. Good benefits. Lots of PTO and other perks. Just don't get into company politics. Trust no one. A lot of haters. But the company is a great place to make a living."

Email Correspondent
in Baltimore, MD

"The job is very easy but can become very monotonous after a while."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in West Sacramento, CA

"Lots of potential to grow and move up in IKEA if you are there long enough. Pay compensation for a sales co-worker needs to reflect the amount of responsibilities that they are given. When they are promoted with more hours and therefore more duties, the pay should reflect that as well, right now, it does not. The overall work environment in the sales position is good, management listens, however there is too much middle management for changes to be made properly."

Salesperson

"I love the entire atmosphere and dynamics of the workplace, the only thing I want to see an improvement on is noticing the hardworking employees and acknowledging them in ways that are actually appreciated and genuine would be great."

Average IKEA Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Orlando, FL

"IKEA is a great company to work for. The Orlando store not so much."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Cypress, TX

"It is a good company to work at, you will have the opportunity to expose yourself in a global level and take control of your development and performance. It is very horizontal so once you reach certain level you must relocate in order to grow."

Sales Associate
in China, ME

"As a part-time employee in the sales department in IKEA, I have accumulated much experience both in working and living in 18 months. Besides receiving rewards like the Promotion Star and Golden Idea, I learned leadership and interpersonal communication skills in my team. I when a group of talented people work together to achieve goals. I get excited every time I think about this possibility."

IKEA Employee

"IKEA is a fantastic place to work and learn. Professional environment where you feel empowered and valued. Management is always willing to support your development and through challenges. A+++."

in Schaumburg, IL

"I worked at IKEA for quite a while. The only thing that constantly happened was the managers and supervisors would stay in the office 95% of the time which leaves you short handed on the floor when you do occasionally need them. The rumors that fly around this place are unbelievable and very sad. There's absolutely no way to move up here. Managers do special favors for specific people that kiss corporate butt."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Brooklyn, NY

"Great company. Great philosophy. Great benefits. They take care of their employees and constantly challenge themselves to grow. Slightly behind in technology for a global company, but it is moving in the right direction."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Contractor
in Philadelphia, PA

"Good Experiance over all"

What do you like about working at IKEA?

"Growth Opportunities since IKEA is a global company. Culture of Company"

"Great Company that has a lot to offer if accepting of salary"

What don't you like about working at IKEA?

"Working in retail store is more demanding cause quality of workers"

"Better pay may lead to more dedicated employees, be more proactive in making decisions"

Activities Manager
in Paramus, NJ

"amazing, rewarding, worthwhile."

What do you like about working at IKEA?

"I have learned so much on being a better manager, person and friend while meeting and exceeding goals."

"Be yourself, relax and definitely have fun! Its a great place to work and learn."

What don't you like about working at IKEA?

"As great IKEA is to work for, due to the very few stores in the USA the growth opportunities were few and far in between."

"Listen and work with your co-workers, they know the business as much as you do."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Solutions Architect
in Plymouth Meeting, PA

"Never had a bad day in 17+ years. Relaxed atmosphere; casual dress; flex hours"

What do you like about working at IKEA?

"Location, salary, flexible working hours, full time employment with a very stable company and the ability to work remotely"

"This is an excellent company to work for! I have been there over 17 years and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone applying. Very low pressure (most of the time) and they really treat you well."

What don't you like about working at IKEA?

"The only complaint I really have about IKEA is the fact that they only invest their money in proven software. They are NEVER on the cutting-edge of technology, which was never a concern until now, when I am looking for a new opportunity!"

"I would suggest that they rethink the outsourcing decision and invest in local talent. Company after company have already tried and failed to make outsourcing work. Hopefully, they will realize this before all of their talent is gone."

Site Manager
in Danville, VA

What do you like about working at IKEA?

"P and L responsibilty, Automation, Resonsibility of the complete site. Working with a great management team to drive improvements and see a plant grow."

"Prepare for long hours and frustration with the automation. Other than that Swedwood has great learning experience and diffirent culture that what we are accustom to in the US"

What don't you like about working at IKEA?

"Automation, because it was manufactured in Europe support was very difficult. This caused delays in production and the continous improvement process. Because of the size of the company bureaucracy come into play delaying simple decesions."

"In the future purchasing equipment that has support in the US"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Inventory Analyst

What do you like about working at IKEA?

"The people I work for! Ordering stock for the buyers!"

"Be positive, out going and show your great skills and be on time!"

What don't you like about working at IKEA?

"My boss does not know what he is doing and it's so frustrating cause he can not help us!"

"The politics interfer a lot instead of all working together!"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5