34 Home Depot Store Manager Reviews

Browse Home Depot Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 11 Store Manager Review Ratings)
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.1 / 5

What do you like about working at Home Depot?

"I liked everything. It trains you for life in general. Anyone after working there can win elsewhere."

in Hollywood, FL

"It's a good place to hang."

Store Manager

"The Home Depot is a good, solid company that cares for their teams."

in Jersey City, NJ

What do you like about working at Home Depot?

"I liked the interaction with the customers, and that the associates have created a bond of friendship within the stores, making the atmosphere feel more like a neighborhood store vs. a big box retailer."

"Be honest about what you know regarding home improvement. Saying the wrong thing trying to impress a manager can cause you to be hired in the wrong position/department that you will be held accountable for, based off your interview answers. Just because you have never built or installed anything in your life, the training is there. The company is willing to train anyone who wants to be taught."

What don't you like about working at Home Depot?

"There is no one thing to pinpoint overall."

"Listen to the associates more with an open mind regarding the processes that are constantly changing within the services department. The feedback would be beneficial for the corporate office for further rollouts they may have in mind."

in Olean, NY

"Excellent training for my career."

What do you like about working at Home Depot?

"I like the great overall job opportunities."

What don't you like about working at Home Depot?

"I dislike communication gaps."

"Increase execution on company tasks, and communicate."

in Peoria, AZ

"The Home Depot is a good place, as long as you find the right fit."

What do you like about working at Home Depot?

"I liked the associates and the customers I helped."

"Make sure you know the real people behind the smiles. Cover your butt and don't trust anyone. Look out for the people under you and yourself. Period."

What don't you like about working at Home Depot?

"Senior management does not support the supposed goal of taking care of their associates. They really mean take care of the associates as long as it doesn't interfere with our numbers. If it does, or you go against them, you're gone. The human resources team has vendettas against people who question their motives. They are a waste."

"Get rid of HR, grow a pair and let go of the old timers, who couldn't give less of a crap about their jobs or the people they are supposed to lead."

Store Manager

"The benefits at The Home Depot are excellent."

What do you like about working at Home Depot?

"I liked the learning environment."

"Prepare for the business acumen test. You will regret not doing so. Learn the following terms if you do know them: GMROI, Turns, GM and Shrink, and various retail statistics. The test is a beast and it's timed. In the interview, talk about sales, shrink and problem solving, and be prepared to give examples."

What don't you like about working at Home Depot?

"The area I worked in was very violent."

in Key West, FL

"Home Depot distorts the truth when it comes to its associates."

What do you like about working at Home Depot?

"In general, the associates are good people."

"Be careful when at work. Favoritism does exist. Home Depot states that they don't lay off people during hard times. This is true. They fire them instead. I lost my job after almost seven years with the company, only because they eliminated my position. I was never given the chance to accept another position or step down. I did not get any severance package. They also took away my stock options, even after telling me I would get them after my termination."

What don't you like about working at Home Depot?

"I dislike the ever-changing schedule which prohibits quality of life outside the store. My store manager wrote all schedules for assistant store managers, and you could see favoritism in days off and shifts needing to be covered. Also, company policy was only followed when it was convenient for the store management. Some people were fired almost immediately, and others seemed to get away with policy violations if they otherwise were good workers or could not be replaced right away."

"Stick to policies or get rid of them. Don't choose which ones to follow and which ones to ignore."