(based on 36 Harris Teeter Review Ratings)
Customer Service Clerk
in Wilmington, NC

"Working for Harris Teeter during the Covid-19 Pandemic has been a beneficial experience. Harris Teeter has ensured the safety of every one of its employees as well as provided hazard compensation. Thankful for such a challenging learning experience at a wonderful company."

Produce Clerk
in Charlotte, NC

"It is a good company to work for"

Harris Teeter (42)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Ingles Markets (8)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Vons (18)
in Irmo, SC

"I really enjoyed working here and wish they did not leave the area"

in Greensboro, NC

"Job isn't for everyone, you are working in a 32 degree warehouse and you will get wet. The job is very repetitive and is a production job."

Average Harris Teeter Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $2
Meat Clerk
in Rock Hill, SC

"Harris Teeter, LLC is a company where not only fulfilling but exceeding customer expectations is the norm. This is an excellent place to work if you are wanting to raise the bar in customer service and product quality. The staff is friendly and easy to work with. There is excellent management here, and managers work with the employees to resolve any concerns and aid in the employee's career advancement. I've been working for Harris Teeter since 2017 and recommend people that are looking for job security in the grocery area."

Assistant Manager
in Norfolk, VA

"I’ve started working at Harris teeter since February of this year. Out of the 8 months while working at this employer, my leadership skills have progressed me into furthering my career opportunities in management. Although upper management sees a lot of great potential in myself, I am looking to be hired with a company that is in my career field or close too it. I have a bachelors degree in Supply Chain management and an associates degree in business management from Thomas Nelson Community College."

in Greensboro, NC

"It's an okay company to work for most of the time."

in Wake Forest, NC

"This company has a high turnover rate the reason being is because the employees just get hammered with I want to do this and this and this we use to have 2 overnight cashier's now we only have one she left to start her own business the one guy we do have he's a champion taking it on the chin every night but to get him extra help what does the management do they take away from the overnight shift stockers who are the back bone of the store and make it more strenuous on us to get things done then a month after the district manager decides to transfer our over night grocery assistant which made it even more impossible to do our jobs but they expected it to still get done. Me seeing how much we needed help I went into the managers office and said I'd be willing to take that position they instead gave me a key holders position which was fine I wanted to learn anyways so I take all this extra responsibility and guess what NO RAISE OF ANY KIND! I just don't understand this company which is a shame because I had high hopes when starting this job and the managers only care about themselves there is only a select few I can go talk to about things this company would be awesome if we could just clean it up but is what you get with a merged company there's no real boss"

in McLean, VA

"The worst company when it comes to treating their employees. Managers are just bullies. They give only 4 hours here and 3 hours there. District Manager comes to visit, quess what she has her own favorites. Their stores are a joke. They return the milk to the refrigerator after one hour and let people buy it. They treated me very bad from bullying to harassing. You work like a slave for them and get no appreciation."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Grocery Clerk
in Waxhaw, NC

"Working for this company wasn't the best, but I had a pretty great team! My manager was the best manager I could ask for! We are still friends to this day."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Charlotte, NC

"I have worked with Harris Teeter for more than 3 months. It has competitive salary. Management is good as well as the associates. Stock clerks have a high turnover because Harris Teeter has little or no incentive programs for part time stock clerks."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Raleigh, NC

"I've worked at Harris Teeter for about a year as a cashier. When I started, I was super excited to finally be able to earn my own money, with a job that was fairly easy. The associates and staff working there seemed pretty nice, but the job requires lots of manual labor and a thick skin to be able to deal with bratty customers."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Greenville, NC

"I have actually been working at Harris Teeter since I was attending high school in Raleigh. Obviously I had to transfer to a different store once I moved to Greenville to attend college. I can't say that I've ever been treated poorly, and I can't say that I've ever had a customer who was displeased with me. I seem to be able to get along with most anybody I work and interact with. I make sure that I finish whatever task I'm assigned, and do all that I can to go above and beyond."

Deli Associate
in Selbyville, DE

"I've worked for Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Inc. for nearly four years. HT is a respected grocery retail company with presence in Sussex County, Delaware since 2007. My fellow associates and I admire our department manager and the store management team. I would best describe my working relationship with my immediate supervisor as exemplary - she has picked me on several occasions to help open new stores in Virginia, DC, and Maryland, and she never hesitates to call me as a first choice whenever she needs extra help. Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Inc. has an impressive corporate management team, and the HT grocery chain is admired by its peers."

Produce Clerk
in Arlington, VA

"I've only been there since Oct 2013. The job is easy but can be boring due to repetition. I have flexibility with my hours which is excellent. Management is cool but demanding at times. It's a good place to work if you're in between jobs. They do hire within for management positions but it takes a while for that to complete."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5