(based on 30 Hallmark Cards Review Ratings)
in Kansas City, MO

"I enjoyed my time with Hallmark. They are currently going through a lot of organizational changes. I believe that the company will struggle for the next several years as they attempt to reshape their corporate culture, technology and strategic direction."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Kansas City, KS

"Nice place to work. Good work culture. Strong values."

Hallmark Cards (50)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Mimeo.com (6)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Programmers Investment Corp (5)
Senior Buyer
in Kansas City, MO

"I am currently in my 20th year of service at Hallmark Cards, Inc. Due to various opportunities available it has been a wonderful place to work. I have held positions of increasing responsibilities within the company. I am from the St Louis area, and I am looking to move back to St Louis to be near my family."

Advanced Analytics Intern
in Kansas City, MO

"It was a slow-paced environment where a lot to learn was there because a lot of people were very senior and had a rich experience. Everybody was eager to help and interact in order to make a positive atmosphere."

Average Hallmark Cards Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Kansas City, MO

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Hallmark. At this time I have informed my supervisors and peers that I am moving back to Columbus, Ohio. I have spent 5 years in Kansas City and while my abilities have exponentially improved while there, my home is in Ohio. I have nothing but amazing things to say about my current employer."

in Kansas City, MO

"Company is currently under restructuring so I cannot give an accurate review of the company."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Liberty, MO

"I've worked for Hallmark Liberty Distribution for over two years. I can honestly say that it has been very challenging. There are always several management issues. It almost feels like they're trying to hide important information that could easily affect you from you. The job itself is very easy, most people could do it as long as you're physically active, but then you throw in everything else and it makes the job hardly even worth the time."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Kansas City, MO

"I have worked at Hallmark Cards for over 15 years. The company is truly focused on the consumer wants to bring more caring into the world through its products and content."

Director of National Accounts
in Markham, ON

"I worked for Hallmark for 6 years. I it was a great learning experience and helped round my leadership skills. I led a retail team that was very successful in driving growth. The Hallmark brand is a world renowned brand and I was proud to work for them. The greetings category unfortunately is in rapid decline and consumers have changed their communication habits and Hallmark is experiencing decline like all greeting card vendors."

in Erie, PA

"Love working here while looking for a full time job!"

in Bradenton, FL

"I have been an employee for over a year now, and I was not not trained at all and have a bipolar supervisor, the wage given here in Florida is way below what is listed. You are hired at $9.50 and the hours are always changing from 6-40 hours a week in high season so they want you to be fully available always, even if you work only 6 hrs a week and need to get another job. You have to do Revisions, which are long days and can be very physical. You will lift 50-60 pounds or more and expect to be able to lift over your head to put on shelves, also your knees and back will be pushed to its limits in this job, a very stressful job, and you will learn to hate holidays because they take the life out of you.This job needs to pay at least $20 an hour for what they expect from you. Not at all worth it."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Mobile, AL

"The job is misrepresented when you have your phone interview. You're told it can be used as a supplemental income when in reality you can't do your work at your convenience. Also, you will be told the most you will work during "busy time" is approximately 16 hours. The 1st two days after Christmas I worked 23 hours. You're told you get breaks plus lunch, but my TS encouraged (bullied is a better word) everyone to work through breaks of all kinds. TEd's are not trained (in my opinion) in management. My TS was rude and several people quit either on or after the first day. In the eyes of my TS NOTHING was done right. This person has had zero skills in how to talk to employees under them. I was told by a different employee that turnover with this company is high and it's that way because the company TS's and TM's don't know how to train or choose not to train the employees under them. I know this is true because I was not trained properly but constantly yelled at or put down. Think twice before working for this company."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Retail Merchandiser
in Troy, MO

"I only worked for Hallmark for a short time, however it was a very rewarding position. The greeting card industry is something which appeals to everyone. Hallmark was a great company to work for and I would recommend employment to those who enjoy bringing a little light into people's lives with a heartfelt greeting."

in Leavenworth, KS

"I greatly enjoyed my time at Hallmark Cards due to the kind and hard working people around me and the stress-free environment."

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.7 / 5
in Enfield, CT

"Not so good, company is laying off many employees and has terrible benefits."