(based on 16 GCA Services Group Review Ratings)
2.5
2.6
in Boston, MA

"This company is so horrible to work for. They will overwork you, then kick you to the curb when you are burnt out. The management has no idea of what is going on around them. I would stay clear of this company. I have seen many employees have issues with payroll as well."

GCA Services Group Employee

"I 've been with this company for almost 3 years now. Management is awful. if you want questions about anything answered forget it. Supplies to do your job are scarce. Place an order and hope for the best. I've seen our manager 2 times. No advancement or raises. No commendation. The only thing is that it is a job and the clients are great. I don't recommend this company to anyone though unless you're desperate."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

GCA Services Group (23)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is CleanNet USA (6)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Brickman Group (11)
3.3 Average of All Companies in this Industry (527)
Supervisor On Duty
in Newport, AR

"I worked for GCA Services at Newport at elementary school as a supervisor for over a year. I loved my job and the teachers on my hall. I started having a problem with the other employees not wanting to clean properly. They were not moping rooms at all, not dusting, things weren't getting washed off, and poop, blood and pee were being left on toilets. Not acceptable for little children or a cleaning company. I went to my boss several times begging for help and for her to do something about it but she did nothing. When I tried to go over her head to the district manager for help she terminated me wrongly. So now the children at that school are really suffering by setting in dirty classrooms and using filthy toilets BC the manager wants to be lazy and draw a check and chase men. So sad. I'm sorry I tried to stand up for them but I didn't succeed on protecting the kids."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
QC Specialist
in Clemson, SC

"I've worked at GCA Services for 3 months (May 2014-July 2014). I found that the company was one that cared about its employees with one manager hand-delivering each employee their paycheck since misinformed them of payday. They also do take their professional image in working environments seriously. The managers were easy to talk to as well. They did not provide the necessary items in the inventory for us to do our job though."

Average GCA Services Group Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $1
in Cleveland, OH

"MANAGEMENT IS HORRIBLE at doing their job, recently had a co worker inform upper management person of problems with a manager, situation involved gay slurs, derogatory comments, sexual comments about their sexual orientation being challenged to a fight, not being supplied continuously with all proper WORKING equipment, and after speaking with this upper management person no disciplinary action was truly taken against this other manager. GCA HAS NO APPRECIATION FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES!!"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Panama City, FL

"I had worked for this company for about two years now and during a bunch of non-sense and firings a new boss came into a picture. He is a backstabber for one, I have done my job without complaint for quite a long time and suddenly he alone has a problem with me and puts me off from work. I recommend not even getting into this company because of the lack of communication between management and employee. Very few tools to get the job done and shady talks between the uppers."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Custodian
in Ashland City, TN

"Overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated. Bad. Very bad."

What do you like about working at GCA Services Group?

"The only thing I enjoyed about this company was the clients. They are very kind and respectful."

"DO NOT WORK HERE unless you want to be mistreated and unappreciated. If you can't find anywhere else... Then don't work at all."

What don't you like about working at GCA Services Group?

"Everything. They demand workers to clean PROFESSIONALLY for only $7.25. They will deny any and all raises. You will be fired very fast and with no warning or reason. They ALWAYS have trouble ordering cleaning supplies and safety equipment. I DO NOT want to clean clean blood or other bodily agents W/O gloves. ITS DANGEROUS. Someone really needs to go undercover and expose this company's unsafe habits. They also usually hire Hispanic people who do not have papers to be in the U.S. TRUST ME. I know because I am half Mexican and could understand them. They could not speak English so I would have to communicate and translate (FREE OF CHARGE). They hire people like that because they can make them work even harder. This is the honest truth. I've worked with GCA for one year and I HATED IT. I finally got fired in November because I Didn't clean the bathrooms good enough. How was I supposed to No gloves. No supplies. How"

"Get your act together... ALWAYS HAVE SUPPLIES READY. Do NOT wait for workers to run out just to save money for the company."

Night Manager
in Edmond, OK

"Although frustrating sometimes, there were mostly good times."

What do you like about working at GCA Services Group?

"Promotion though limited, was awarded to those who did their job well."

"Do not be discouraged by lack of communication between upper management and the rest of the company employees."

What don't you like about working at GCA Services Group?

"The general manager isolated the group from upper management. Upper management ignored feedback and enforced policies that made sense on paper but were impractical on the field."

"Accept feedback from the field and use it to improve on policies."

Account Manager

What do you like about working at GCA Services Group?

"Since starting work for this company in the education division I have been promoted 5 times and have really learned every aspect of the business. My boss is awesome, takes time to listen to my opinions and suggestions."

"Listen to the person hiring you and be patient. The company will promote you if you are qualified and dependable. Those who complain about never getting a raise probably do not deserve it or are in an area that the company just can't fiscally afford to pay you an extra 10K a year."

What don't you like about working at GCA Services Group?

"Have traveled to many areas in the past six months and only negative I've seen is some of the regional managers do not have the courage to cut ties with employees who are not the best."

"Keep hiring all stars and cut your losses with the flunkies."

Insurance Claims Representative
in Garland, TX
Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4.8 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.8 / 5
Regional Safety Manager
Person You Work For 4.9 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.5 / 5
Technical Consultant
Person You Work For 4.9 / 5 People You Work With 4.6 / 5 Work Setting 4.8 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.6 / 5
Regional Manager
Person You Work For 4.6 / 5 People You Work With 4.6 / 5 Work Setting 3.5 / 5
Support You Get 3.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.9 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Way You Work 4.9 / 5