(based on 1 Gary McDonald Homes Review Rating)
QA Manager
in Fresno, CA

"After working for GMH for two years, I found the homes to be more of a purchase of status than one of the utmost quality. While the company cares about serving their clients, they are a bit stuck in “how they’ve always done it” and are not very open to considering deep introspection and improving their own processes and methods. Seniority certainly rules and one must have patience and a bit of thick skin in order to be able to influence the company culture. In my opinion, one must be willing to do as you’re told, just do your job as prescribed and accept that some in authority aren’t as familiar with the responsibilities of their role as they allow others to think they are and will “delegate” those functions to others to avoid exposing that fact. While delegating responsibilities is a great thing to do, owning what one does/does not understand and learning from others is more honorable and improves both the team and the culture. Self-preservation would be the major theme here, in my opinion, and experience."