EMC Employee Reviews for Anonymous Employee

Browse EMC Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 62 Anonymous Employee Review Ratings)
in Rocklin, CA

"If you think a receptionist's job is simple and easy, then you're wrong. Aside from the receptionist job, working here would mean doing more than that and having more responsibilities you will be liable for."

in Rocklin, CA

"They pay you like an intern and also treat you like one. They give you any job that needs to be taken care of. It's like you don't have a proper job description and the work can be anything under the sun"

in Miami, FL

"Small company, they need to hire more engineers."

in Hollister, CA

"I am a hard working individual who is striving to climb the ladder but no room for growth"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Average EMC Attributes by Anonymous Employee

in Hopkinton, MA

"EMC is a good company that is unfortunately letting the race for quarterly earnings take it in a direction that doesn't balance financial gain with the happiness of the employees. Employees are exhorted to work hard and stay focused, but don't get the support or morale they need to do this. Too many employees I know are working here because they are too afraid to test the job market or have done this one job so long they don't think they can do anything else. I worry the drive for efficiency is going to lead to not enough qualified people to execute the vision the company has. Its other big challenge is executing corporate vision at the individual team level. The disconnect here makes for a contentious relationship between engineering and the rest of the company. The company has well designed strategies for moving all its technologies to the next wave of computing. Unfortunately the strategies keep running into the reality of engineering teams working on decade old product lines that are resisting the changes they need to make to deliver on that strategy. My shining light are the workers. Professional and personable, as individuals I met few people I wouldn't seek out to work with again. Co-workers really do have their fellows backs."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Saint Paul, MN

"Good company to work for, and co-workers are very helpful in training."

in Pleasanton, CA

"It surely is a very good place to work."

in Hopkinton, MA

"If you are a junior engineer and are looking for early stability and a good benefits package. However, if you want to grow in any direction other than "corporate" you will find that your comfort level will decrease. This employer wants you to know your place and conform."

in Hopkinton, MA

"EMC is a great company. The benefits are wonderful and there are divisions and groups that are innovating at a very high level. There are also groups that are stagnant and stuck in their methodologies."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Bedford, MA

"I was working in a very diverse team and company. We have different cultures, different ideas and different ways to work on the job, which gives me a good chance to learn more in my life. I like the communication and knowledge exchange in the company which is really helpful to me."