EMC Employee Reviews for Anonymous Employee

Browse EMC Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 62 Anonymous Employee Review Ratings)
in Hopkinton, MA

"Overall, EMC is a solid place to work, but does not always have opportunities for individuals to grow their careers."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Hopkinton, MA

"EMC has been an extremely nice company to work for, however over the years it has been consistent at its level of underpaying for its staff. EMC'ers will habitually leave the company in order to advance as EMC has a habit of short-changing advancement opportunities."

in Hopkinton, MA

"Great company to get SAN and Cloud experience, along with hardware and practices for medium and small business."

in Hopkinton, MA

"I've worked at EMC for 4 years now. I have achieved my CCNA, I have also worked with architecture team to evaluate and select enterprise multicast and VoD solution. Implemented over 30 Cisco TelePresence/Video Conferencing systems worldwide. Within my time at EMC I have continuously troubleshot and solved complex Video Collaboration issues."

in Hopkinton, MA

"I've worked at EMC for 7 years. People were great. Sometimes the company lacked focus and grow so fast that it lost direction at times. Company hard troubles putting the big picture together and at times the product offering seem to conflict. Synergy could be improved. Organizational structure was the core of the lack of synergy. Too Many chiefs!!! Competition is fierce and the HW is a commodity thus not preventing competitive entry. SW is being focused which is good, however transition is poor. Transition would be better off if the change is driven from within instead of always looking outside for all the answers. Eventually by creating the constant purge the company loses its identity and is a breeding ground for more competition. EMC still needs to learn how to play nice with its ecosystem."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
EMC Anonymous Employee

"Company just does not see new technologies around and keeps trying to use 20 years old code to keep up with new demands. No new technologies, ignorance about BigData approaches that does not lead to success ..."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Hopkinton, MA

"I've started working for EMC as an intern in 2010. It has been great to me ever since, it is the the nature of the work that has gotten stale and almost insufferable.They have poor mid-level leadership, no idea how to organization their infrastructure and do not know how to utilize the technology they have provided their employees.Great place to work, the ability to work from home is fantastic (though depending on if you have a micromanaging manager then it is a pain)."

in Hopkinton, MA

"I had been with the company for 15 years. Early on there was a lot of incentives and opportunities for advancement. We were focused on providing the best possible product for the customer. The last 10 years have brought lots of changes in culture. ALL middle and upper management positions are filled from the outside and all technical positions are filled with work visa holders (or hired offshore) so there is absolutely no opportunities for advancement. Product quality no longer seems to matter."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Hopkinton, MA

"Solid company that pays well. If you're looking to have great relationships with co-workers this may not be the place. It is a very cutthroat environment where money is king and nothing else matters. I understand businesses have to make money but in my opinion one should give the work environment and quality of work more importance. Change comes extremely often for a company its size and it is not all well thought out or conceived."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5