(based on 6 ECPI University Review Ratings)
2.1
4.6
in Columbia, SC

"While education as a whole is not a well-paid career choice, ECPI takes low compensation to a new level of paltry. You are told each class is 10 hours of instruction per week + grading + curriculum management. What you don't learn up front is the many hours of self-training you must do to learn their software, since there is no on boarding. Then there are the faculty meetings you must attend, even on your days off, at your own expense. They require you to submit your creativity to the university's curriculum (at no pay), complete continuing education on your own time, use your own phone to communicate with students and you are required to call all students who don't show up for class like they are incapable of functioning as responsible adults. If you don't figure out how to do hybrid classes (on your own) you won't get paid for classes cancelled due to weather. Also, they require a 90% pass rate, even though many of the students are remedial readers and shouldn't be in any college anywhere (thus the internal slogan "ECPI, the university of second and third chances." All this for low, low pay and little chance of advancement. Also, the university's technology is a challenge and often doesn't work. Students complain they are charged for iPads, which are useless for word processing. ALL students feel they should be given a laptop rather than an iPad."

in Richmond, VA

"No appreciation nor proper follow up. Never can get responses and if you don't get responses you can't move forward and lose out on integrity."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

ECPI University (8)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is Harlem Hospital Center (14)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Nightingale Home Healthcare (12)
in Virginia Beach, VA

"ECPI University is a great place to work."

Program Director

What do you like about working at ECPI University?

"My coworkers are my friends. The trust I have earned from upper management gives me a lot of flexibility and the ability to make sound decisions for my respective department."

"This is a great place to work as a teacher. The program directors are great but the upper management could be better. This organization values continued learning and professionalism."

What don't you like about working at ECPI University?

"I like the place that I work, but my earning potential and upward mobility have nearly hit the ceiling and I desire more from my career."

"Facilitate cooperation among departments. Make decisions and make everyone accountable for those decisions. Maintain organized timely meetings. Always be flexible and responsive to change."

Average ECPI University Ratings in the Past 2 Years

Instructor
in Newport News, VA

"Lots of fun."

What do you like about working at ECPI University?

"It's a blast teaching game development, I get to create all the assignments and type of games that my students create in the class. The classes are small, the computer hardware is fast"

"As part of the interview you have to do a teaching demo, so make it fun."

What don't you like about working at ECPI University?

"People, I love working with all the people at my campus. This is the reason I have stayed at the company as long as I have."

"I think there is to much micromanagement of faculty and no opportunities or support for doing research and development."

Financial Aid Officer
Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.6 / 5 Work Setting 2.6 / 5
Support You Get 3.5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
Curriculum Developer
in Richmond, VA

"EPCI Technical College was a good place to start my civilian career and meet new people"

What do you like about working at ECPI University?

"Worked a lot with little time off. Scary in the spring when they lay people off."

"Get a lot of certifications while you're there."

"Trust your people more."

Computer Application Programmer
in Greensboro, NC

"Excellent training opportunity for a novice."

What do you like about working at ECPI University?

"There was always something new to learn."

"Part- time status"