On average, employees at eBay give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest eBay employees are Software Engineers submitting an average rating of 4.5 and Consultants with a rating of 4.3.

(based on 109 eBay Review Ratings)
"Excellent company, talented workforce, good learning environment."
Posted 3 years ago in Campbell, CA
eBay Employee

"I am consulting at eBay and found the working environment very friendly and great team to work with."

eBay Employee

"Great place to learn new technologies and grow with among the best developers in the industry. Very open to listening to ideas and executing on them. Ability to move around in the company keeps the job interesting."

eBay (152)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group (7)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is TransPerfect Translations (9)
eBay Employee

"Its a good company to work for. Very technical and detailed. Never micro managed."

in King of Prussia, PA

"I originally started working for GSI Commerce, which was purchased by eBay. Unfortunately, the organization has changed too dramatically for me to effectively review the current state. During my three year tenure, I had 13 different leaders, even though I had the (essentially) same position the entire time. There are great opportunities here to work on world class web sites, however the organizational change is often too great/political to accomplish otherwise great innovations."

Average eBay Ratings in the Past 3 Years

eBay Employee

"Great company to work for."

Desktop Administrator

"One of the best places I have ever personally worked at. The people are professional but fun. Everyone generally has a good a positive attitude. Everyone works together and cooperates at a level I haven't seen since my time in the US Air Force. I would recommend working here based on the environment alone. I am not just talking about free food either. People here truly look out for their co-workers by helping them advance in their own areas of interests. A ton of people with extensive knowledge in their expertise will take the time out of their very busy day just to teach you stuff. I love it here."

in Bellevue, WA

"I have worked for 5+ yrs. It's a good place to work at with good benefits."

in Melbourne, FL

"Awesome company to work for. The benefits are great and there is so much room to move up in the company. The company takes very good care of all the employees that work there."

Client Support Representative

"The contract company I worked through made it impossible to move in the position I was in and left no opportunity to be hired on as full time."

eBay Employee

"More politics, same cast people are only allowed in team, lead used to kick with shoes on junior team members."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
eBay Employee

"If you want to work for a company that makes sure all of the people managers are two-face back stabbing asses then you should work at eBay. Never in my life have I worked in a place that treated its employees so poorly. What a joke. LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES. Lies about promotions and career advancement opportunities? YES. Lies about bonuses ? YES. LIES TO YOUR FACE ABOUT EVERYTHING? YES, YES, YES. WORST 2 YEARS OF MY LIFE."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
QA Test Automation Engineer
in King of Prussia, PA

"It's really nice working here."

eBay Employee

"eBay marketplaces is represented by a very small team of about 12 employees in Luxembourg. There are also about 40-50 employees from PayPal, eBay Treasury and StubHub. Joined eBay few years ago with great energy and motivation to improve and develop our messy processes in billing and finance. This energy and motivation have gone away after a while when I realized: 1. Whatever you achieve it seems like a drop in the ocean because management cannot focus and deliver elementary goals. The culture of management is "Fire! Let's work on 100 different projects to improve our business"... after debating, long discussions and hundreds of hours of work... guess what? 80-90% of the the projects are cancelled with the excuse "are not relevant anymore" and the remaining are delivered with significantly below quality standards expectations. 2. The performance evaluation and recognition of each employee is not based on objective performance of individual. It rather depends on your connections with management. In other words, it doesn't matter if you have worked very hard and achieved great results for the business. Someone else with basic performance and good connections with management can achieve better performance rating from you. This has a result talented people to leave eBay after few months/years. For the Luxembourg office, more than 8 employees (out of a team of 12!) left the company in last few years - a really high turnover. 3. One of the benefits that management "sells" at interviews with potential candidates is the great career development and progression - which is probably another lie. It is really difficult to develop and progress your career at eBay, especially in Luxembourg. The trainings are very limited due to budget restrictions for development that we have the last 2 years. If you are unemployed and desperate to find a job, eBay in Luxembourg might be a good option. Otherwise don't waste your time - it doesn't worth it!"

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Cloud Engineering Intern
in Campbell, CA

"Excellent company, talented workforce, good learning environment."

in King City, CA

"I don't want to write a lot since I was only an intern but the team I worked for was poorly managed. I was matched with another intern that was not on my level so that held me back. There was always a problem with not knowing exactly what was expected of me or what I was developing. But overall I was paid well and people were nice most of the time."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5