Career Menu

797 Director Reviews

Directors give their job an average rating of 3.5 out of 5.0. The Directors happiest with their jobs are employed by Memorial Healthcare System with an average rating of 5.0 while the Directors least happy with their jobs work for STATERA with an average rating of 1.0.

Submit a Review
Director at Songbird Academy

"As a director I love the communication I have with the staff. Staff support is extremely important. I strive to maintain positive relationships with the staff so they will be successful. I love communicating with the families and students. I enjoy communicating about student growth and development. I love being part of a team that strives for success."

Director at PHI Air Medical

"No two days are the same. Each day brings new challenges and requires me to learn something new."

Director at Apogee Engineering
in Colorado Springs, CO

"Love being part of a company where employees take care of each other. Work is challenging due to govt budgets and contracting, but we are on a good path for the future."

Director Career Rating Comparison

All Directors
5.0 Highest Rated Directors is at Memorial Healthcare System (1)
1.0 Lowest Rated Directors is at STATERA (8)
Director at AT&T

"I get to work with a great team that is engaged and eager to help others. I get the opportunity to have a good balance of technical challenges while getting a good broad view of the business."

Director at Meltwater Group
in San Francisco, CA

"You can progress really fast and have a great international career at Meltwater, highly recommend it."

Director at Everglades University
in Boca Raton, FL

"The worse part is that crazy emergencies pop up all the time and take you far away from your work and your job description. The expectations are outright crazy and impossible. My job was really three rolled into one and heavy turnover makes doing your job difficult. Whenever I asked for help or direction, the solution proposed was always work longer and more hours. Also, the budget was unfair and slim for my department. The management team and VPs keep costs low (by getting rid of staff periodically by bullying them until they quit) and not budgeting needed allocations. They do this frankly to increase their quarterly bonuses. The place is run with only the short term on mind. They want to make large bonuses, so they care nothing about the staff, students or long term planning."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Director at North Logan City Library
in North Logan, UT

"I am able to shape the trajectory of service goals and re-imagine the approach to Library services...thus making it AWESOME!"

Director at Capital One
in Wilmington, DE

"Love - 1) the business problems and tools available to solve them. 2) company is investing in the next generation tech. Hate - 1) culture of obedience and uniformity 2) at the Business Unit level down, leadership is not coordinated."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Director at Amgen
in Thousand Oaks, CA

"Lots of smart people to work with, ability to get jobs done --- hate the layers of decision making."

Director at Solugenix
in Brea, CA

"Being a Director has many challenges, which I enjoy. I really love the work that I do as it affects people in a positive way. We offer technology guidance, make recommendations, partner with great clients, provide excellent specialized technology resources to our customers. By doing this, we can help make our customers work less stressful and allow them to focus on their goals, while we focus on ours. With a collaborative business partnership, we can all succeed. This allows me to be fulfilled and enriches my life. It's a great feeling helping companies succeed."

Director at digitaria

"The position of director comes with a lot of responsibilities. I like the role and feel very comfortable with all tasks."

Director at Endress+Hauser
in Greenwood, IN

"Setting a vision and developing a long term business strategy with the team. We work around the globe in collaboration with our customers to maximize new business opportunities. What do I hate? Nothing - only dealing with the inconvenience of dealing across global time zones."

Director at 3Sage Consulting

"I love the opportunity to help lead and drive the organization, but feel that career path within the organization is very limited. More emphasis needs to be placed in the organization on building their employees, mentoring, and company culture."

Director at Western Digital

"The processes are in many cases too rigid, so it makes organizational innovation difficult. New methods require too many approvals from VPs guarding status quo. However, when something can be done, it is well financed, supported and a lot of fun."

Director at Oracle

"Role is exciting and dynamic, although the high employee turnover challenges meeting customers’ demands."

You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created
Jobs You Might Like