On average, employees at Delta Air Lines give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 8% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Delta Air Lines employees are Customer Service Agents submitting an average rating of 4.6 and Customer Service Supervisors with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 87 Delta Air Lines Review Ratings)
Delta Air Lines Employee

"I have worked for Delta for 2 decades in Aviation Maintenance. Never has a company treated such a large group of employees like crap as Delta does to its Maintenance staff. They took my retirement, my job at times with layoffs, they keep some employees in expensive areas in poverty, they do not respect experience and now in their most profitable time they are laying off Maintenance Controllers. Maintenance Controllers are crucial for aircraft safety. Delta maintains about 160 controllers to cover about 1000 aircraft to include Hawaiian Airlines. This is a 24/7/365 job that requires much skill and knowledge, so this places only about 25 controllers on duty at any one time. Why should this be concerning? Delta Air Lines has been running short staffed for 5+ years in Maintenance Control. This is a critical position to review work before flight, answer the call for in flight emergencies, catch errors made in maintenance and direct repair for critical issues. Take for perspective dispatchers, they are linked to the number of flights for safety. Delta's current leadership as of 2015 Maintenance Control is sufficient with workers off the street, protecting unskilled new hires and eliminating long term experienced employees for the benefit of cutting costs and making more managers. At this time Delta Maintenance Control has 6 managers, 6 coordinators who double the managers up, 2 bosses over them and 1 director. That is 15 bosses for 160 people. On any given weekday there are 5 managers on the floor for 25 workers. This is why Delta is laying off critical positions, so there can be more real management. While Maintenance Controllers are considered Managers, they are not. They are a division of experienced mechanics that provide passengers with safety. This layoff is an unsafe move and based on ignorance and greed."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Aircraft Load Agent
in Detroit, MI

"Great company with excellent benefits."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Delta Air Lines (159)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is Continental Airlines (66)
3.4 Lowest Rated in this Industry is SkyWest Airlines (14)
3.8 Average of All Companies in this Industry (738)
Delta Air Lines Employee

"Great place to work and professional co workers."

in Daytona Beach, FL

"Started working for Delta Airlines and had high expectations for the job until I got into my 5th month working there then I learned how everyone really was and why you will never get a raise unless you beg for one (found out from 4 year long workers). Pretty sad if you ask me. And at starting pay of only $8.50 is very low for this physically demanding job."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Average Delta Air Lines Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Database Analyst

"I started working for Delta Airlines in August 2008 as a baggage handling and made my way up as I got my degree. Helping the company with analytical work, improving work environment and reporting. I really enjoy working for Delta."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Business Analyst

"I enjoyed my time at Delta. It was a great place to work. They were in a time of growth until the last 5 years. Then they had their first layoff in history. Things went a little south. I would go back to work with them in a heart beat."

Delta Air Lines Employee

"I found the company good and the management is supportive. The co-workers are helpful."

Ramp Agent
in Detroit, MI

"I worked at Delta Airlines from 2011 to 2013. It was a fairly good place to be employed."

Systems Engineer
in Minneapolis, MN

"I worked for Delta Airlines for about a year and a half and with Northwest Airlines before Delta bought them out. The culture is great and I would recommend Delta Airlines to someone who does not mind change. Working in the airline industry means being fluid and adaptable to changes. They have great benefits and a good pay structure."

Test Engineer

"I didn't stay at Delta for long for family reasons."

Sales Representative
in Hapeville, GA

"The company has given me great experience and knowledge to better implement my skill and talent in furthering my career."

Delta Air Lines Employee

"I have worked with NW/Delta Air Lines for the pass 12 years. It has been a wonderful company to work for. Last September Delta closed two of their call centers Seattle was one of them."

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.7 / 5
Customer Service Representative

"Delta treats all of their employees with respect and treat us well with the bonuses they issue."

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Flight Attendant

"I had a good experience, I am happy I had to opportunity to do so."

What do you like about working at Delta Air Lines?

"I liked the flexibility the company offered and the benefits were great as well."

"No I do not have any tips for others for interviewing with this company other than be yourself."

What don't you like about working at Delta Air Lines?

"Sometimes I was in so many places in a week's time."

"Listen more to the employee and trust their judgement more."

Product Line Manager

"I have enjoyed my time here at Delta Air Lines."

What do you like about working at Delta Air Lines?

"The people of this company are dedicated professionals commited to the safety of our customers."

"Delta Air Lines employs behavioral styles of interviewing, in particular the STAR method. Make sure you are able to structure your responses in that manner."

What don't you like about working at Delta Air Lines?

"I do not enjoy commuting to Atlanta, GA, nor did I enjoy living in the state."

"Do not forget the people, who actually do the work of Delta Air Lines."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5