(based on 97 Costco Review Ratings)
in Victorville, CA

"I have worked at Costco Wholesale since 2002. The company as a whole has won many awards and is highly regarded as a great place to work. I personally wish that the company valued degrees of higher education. I work in the mornings for the merchandising department and our shipments are constantly inconsistent which makes each day very hard to plan. Our upper management normally works 10-13 hour days and they are micro-managed on a daily basis. It's a great place if you don't have a higher education degree."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Photo Supervisor
in Signal Hill, CA

"I have been with Costco for nearly 12 years in a multitude of roles. The corporate structure is ideal for consistency and reliability for employees and members alike. It is a wonderful place to work and create a lasting career. There is plenty of room for upward movement for employees, if you are driven in the retail space."

Costco (149)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Lehigh Press (8)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (16)
Programmer Analyst
in Vaughan, ON

"Work culture is alright and pay scale in costco but other than that it's good."

Merchandiser
in Vista, CA

"The Costco wholesale vista CA location and in general- At first glance, people are happy and jovial-even when it’s not Christmas-yet-after how I watched others being treated and it then moved on to me-it was excruciating to say the least. Price Club focused on the employee- Their mantra was respect and keep happy the employee then success in the business-then-it turned into Costco Wholesale- Management picked their favorites-an absolute no no in this business-Now the company and the Teamsters union were all about the shareholders-it was confusing and hurtful to me and many others when we felt we were easily replaceable and just a body and a paycheck- I left frustrated after almost 16 years- I wanted to be useful and happy in my work like I had used to be and feel accomplished- it’s a good company for the recently graduated 18yr old to make some cash- not for the veterans though- Some feel stuck so they let themselves be treated lower-Costco as a whole is a good company-I learned a lot and met-Soooo many people -it’s just not a part of my path anymore-so I say cheers to the past and head up and strong for the next chapter"

Average Costco Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Marketing Manager
in Santa Clara, CA

"I have worked for Costco in Santa Clara since 2017 and I felt like I was treated like family. I have never had issues with my coworkers or employees. Everyone was always in a positive mood."

Merchandiser
in La Mesa, CA

"Costco is a great company to work for. Costco is the highest paying employer in the retail industry, which includes benefits for full time and part-time employees, bi-annual bonuses, 401K, PTO, and child leave for parents."

in Roseville, MI

"It’s a very good place to work."

Optician
in Saint Peters, MO

"Good job for retail, room for growth is small but there. Good pay, good benefits, however not much as far as learning new skills"

in Monterey Park, CA

"The last job I worked for was Costco Wholesale. I worked there from October to December as a seasonal. I honestly loved it there, the atmosphere was great to work in and my coworkers were very friendly and helpful. I’d recommend this job to anyone, as a seasonal I was paid a good amount."

in Torrance, CA

"Good company to work for however demand a lot of your time. Typical retail job. They take care of their employees and have good benefits and pay. Closed on holidays however should be prepared to work long hours before and after."

in Sacramento, CA

"Like with all companies, my company has its ups and downs."

Cashier
in San Leandro, CA

"I’ve been at Costco since 2017. Costco was my first job. I am currently part time there but I want to expand my skills and learn new things."

in Issaquah, WA

"Costco does not value higher education! They offer nothing for tuition and do not value certifications or degrees. There is good old boys attitude that confuses careers with being employed."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Morris, IL

"I do not wish to leave a review"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Outside Marketer
in Orem, UT

"Starting out on the Front End was challenging between pushing carts, cashiering, and helping in other departments. However, after that I found the amazing joy of outside marketing for Costco that is somewhat like door to door sales, but so much fun with events! It is a blast to help people in the community and be able to save them money with services that Costco provides."