Costco Employee Job Reviews in the United States

Browse Costco Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Costco give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Costco employees are Supervisors submitting an average rating of 4.4 and Sales Representatives with a rating of 4.3.

(based on 109 Costco Review Ratings)

Sales Associate

"Costco is a fantastic company. Ample opportunity to move up, fantastic benefits, and very friendly work environment."

Costco Employee

"As a thirteen year employee of Costco Wholesale, I have essentially grown through my young adult years with the stability of the company. In my experience, Costco truly cares for their employees and their employees' families. Their policies encourage self-promotion within the walls of the company as well as in personal and family endeavors. The pay scale as well as benefits package offered at Costco enables a comfortable living standard for employees."

Costco (161)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Lehigh Press (8)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (16)
Software Developer

"Costco is a great place to work. They care for their employees and they are working hard on changing their approach to technology, which is great for the growth of their talent. Costco values their old-time employees greatly. They allow you to work on your own terms and there is not a lot of micromanagement but a lot of politics involved."

Front End Assistant

"I have worked at Costco since January 2020. Since then I have been able to get forklift certified and I have also been cross trained for several departments in the warehouse. The growth potential at Costco is amazing and the staff are extremely helpful."

Costco Employee

"Great company with great benefits."

Supervisor

"I have worked for Costco for 13 years and it has overall been a great experience. I have acquired many valuable skills along the way and I do not regret the time I have spent with this company. I would definitely recommend Costco to anyone looking for a very fast-paced work environment with a heavy member serviced based atmosphere."

Costco Employee

"Working for Costco has helped me become ready, and fit for real life situations. One of the only companies that really has there employees best interest at heart. Along with great pay and benefits. You won’t find another company out there."

Costco Employee

"good working with a well-reputed organization."

Front End Developer

"It's very good. I liked this very much It's very easy going"

Costco Employee

"I currently work at Costco and love everything about it. The workers are all great and the managers are always ready to help when needed. At the current time things are a bit overwhelming but we’re all getting through this and over coming everything."

Pharmacy Services Associate

"Costco allows co-workers to work hard and move up within the company whenever the opportunity opens."

Costco Employee

"I have worked at Costco Wholesale since 2002. The company as a whole has won many awards and is highly regarded as a great place to work. I personally wish that the company valued degrees of higher education. I work in the mornings for the merchandising department and our shipments are constantly inconsistent which makes each day very hard to plan. Our upper management normally works 10-13 hour days and they are micro-managed on a daily basis. It's a great place if you don't have a higher education degree."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Photo Supervisor

"I have been with Costco for nearly 12 years in a multitude of roles. The corporate structure is ideal for consistency and reliability for employees and members alike. It is a wonderful place to work and create a lasting career. There is plenty of room for upward movement for employees, if you are driven in the retail space."

Programmer Analyst

"Work culture is alright and pay scale in costco but other than that it's good."

Merchandiser

"The Costco wholesale vista CA location and in general- At first glance, people are happy and jovial-even when it’s not Christmas-yet-after how I watched others being treated and it then moved on to me-it was excruciating to say the least. Price Club focused on the employee- Their mantra was respect and keep happy the employee then success in the business-then-it turned into Costco Wholesale- Management picked their favorites-an absolute no no in this business-Now the company and the Teamsters union were all about the shareholders-it was confusing and hurtful to me and many others when we felt we were easily replaceable and just a body and a paycheck- I left frustrated after almost 16 years- I wanted to be useful and happy in my work like I had used to be and feel accomplished- it’s a good company for the recently graduated 18yr old to make some cash- not for the veterans though- Some feel stuck so they let themselves be treated lower-Costco as a whole is a good company-I learned a lot and met-Soooo many people -it’s just not a part of my path anymore-so I say cheers to the past and head up and strong for the next chapter"

Costco Reviews FAQs

Is Costco a good company to work for?

Costco has an overall rating of 4.0 Average Rating out of 5, based on over 109 Costco Review Ratings left anonymously by Costco employees, which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. 98% of employees would recommend working at Costco.

Does Costco pay their employees well?

Costco employees earn $34,000 annually on average, or $16 per hour, which is 48% lower than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. 48 Costco employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Find Costco Salaries by Job Title.

How satisfied are employees working a Costco?

98% of employees would recommend working at Costco with the overall rating of 4.0 out of 5. Employees also rated Costco 4.0 out of 5 for Company Culture, 3.9 for Rewards You Receive, 3.8 for Growth Opportunities and 3.9 for support you get.

What is the highest paying job at Costco?

According to our data, the highest paying job at Costco is a VP of Retail Sales at $201,000 annually. Browse Costco Salaries by Job Profile.

What is the lowest paying job at Costco?

According to our data, the lowest paying job at Costco is a Cake Decorator at $14,000 annually. Browse Costco Salaries by Job Profile.

What are the pros and cons of working at Costco?

According to reviews on CareerBliss, employees commonly rated the pros of working at Costco to be Company Culture, Growth Opportunities, People You Work With and Person You Work For, and no cons.

Browse Costco Employee Job Reviews by Location