5 Community Loans of America Reviews

Browse Community Loans of America Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 5 Community Loans of America Review Ratings)
Community Loans of America Employee
in Enterprise, AL

"Very awful place to work. Worked there 3 years, never appreciated, job was always threatened if unrealistic goals were not met. I landed another opportunity elsewhere (also put in a notice), my manager called my area manager to notify her, she told him to tell me (she wouldn't talk to me) to get out of HER store, she didn't want me there, my manager shouldn't want me there, and to clock out and leave. Very unprofessional, and basically is not good business. I was constantly over-looked for advancement opportunities. I had been there the longest out of her area (because people kept quitting), and I was also the lowest paid. I loved my job and worked hard, but was constantly disrespected, cursed at threatened. I tried countless times to talk to higher management, but they never listened. No one is appreciated in this company unless you are in upper management, & if you aren't a favorite, then you will NEVER get there. I was miserable there, not bashing the company itself, but mostly my upper management because some stores had a better working environment than me. But be careful when you accept a position here, they think your life should revolve around this company instead of your family. If you like working in a hostile environment, then this is the place for you."

Area Manager

"Overall good place to work. Style of the business is interesting and ever changing."

Community Loans of America (5)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Fleming Foods (16)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Wireless Advocates (20)
Community Loans of America Employee

"I have worked for Community Loans of America for four years. I loved what I did, gradually gaining more responsibility over time. The upper management is hard to deal with. The upper management hid issues from VP not to draw attention to their region, allowing problems to become crippling to the operations of the business. The company has over 900 locations nation wide and has some great people working within their ranks."

Loan Officer
in Harrisonburg, VA

"CLA does not contribute to MDV, or 401K"

What do you like about working at Community Loans of America?

"I miss the co-workers and employees who all worked tooth and nail to complete the tasks assigned to all of us daily. I also miss the majority of my customers, who actually understood the idea behind what business they were interacting with."

"Be very careful, they will make it sound very easy to switch from lending to collecting, but its a job that will make you play Jakel and Hyde with yourself."

What don't you like about working at Community Loans of America?

"Micro Middle Management, daily threats of termination. Unfair and unrealisitc expecations of store employees. Task lists that could be done easily with one additional person on staff, having two days a week with only one person makes tasks that much harder."

"Hire middle management teams that actually care about employees. Compensate employees for milage on their personal vehicles when they are running company errands, (like bank, dmv, and post office), and while marketing. Do not lecture employees when customers pay their bills (particularly at tax time), and do not re-loan."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Average Community Loans of America Ratings in the Past 2 Years

Web Developer
Person You Work For 4.5 / 5 People You Work With 4.5 / 5 Work Setting 4.4 / 5
Support You Get 4.4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.5 / 5