11 Capital Group Anonymous Employee Reviews

Browse Capital Group Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 10 Anonymous Employee Review Ratings)
Capital Group Anonymous Employee

"Great company, would recommend this company to anyone."

Capital Group Anonymous Employee

"I had a great a experience at this organization and would recommend it to anyone. They really value their employees."

Capital Group Anonymous Employee

"I have been at CG for well over a decade. For a considerable period of that time CG was a great place to work. However, in 2009 with the advent of the second generation of the proprietors the culture has taken a massive turn. Currently, I can only describe the conditions at CG in terms of culture as Enron-esque. The environment, despite the banner on their website that claims “For more than 80 years, we’ve put investor first”, is ripe for massive inside trading, open for exploitation by both senior business and technology management, and with their tacit (“wink, wink”) approval. CG is in process of converting to an offshore model of managed technology services and continues to lay-off employees regularly; all the while with senior management claiming this is not an option. Beware working at CG as it has started and is now well down the path of becoming of “sweat shop” especially in any IT related areas. Not a good place to work at all. Management now uses threat and intimidation to blow-beat IT workers into submission, does not value technological expertise or skill, and evaluates all things through a lenses of subjective self promotion. The employees are generally nice, but this too is sliding down the scale because of the stress and fear: at any moment after decades of faithful and dutiful service and long hours of dedication, you can be summarily fired for no reason. (Someone was recently fired because they had “bad teeth.”) Again, do not consider working here."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Capital Group Anonymous Employee

"Not a great experience with Capital Group."

Average Capital Group Attributes by Anonymous Employee

in San Antonio, TX

"I have world for Capital Group for 7 years as a senior applications developer. The direction of management is constantly changing. I have been under 7 managers, and great others not so much. The newest direction is to not develop in house. Most development has been outsourced and developers are now being asked to integrate with off the shelf and cloud solutions. Skills are eroding and no chance for advancement."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Capital Group Anonymous Employee

"I have worked in Capital Group for almost 2 years now. It is a very liberal company especially to its employers. Everybody treats each other in a respectful manner."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Capital Group Anonymous Employee

"I been working with Capital Group my contract is ending and I can take a position immediately."

Capital Group Anonymous Employee

"Excellent work environment filled with bright, dedicated people."

Capital Group Anonymous Employee

"This is a well-established company that is trying to right the ship in many areas, change is constant but tied to the greater good. As a result, the company runs very lean, lots of overtime and people asked to do more with less. Not the very special company with perks known to its employees many years ago, but still slightly better than most companies. If you can live with limited career progression and want a stable job, you may want to consider it."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Capital Group Anonymous Employee

"I worked as a contractor for the Capital Group for 4 months to help them migrate from Windows XP to Windows 7. The work was very fast paced and exciting. I enjoyed working with my team and helping my end users adapt to this new operating system!"