(based on 31 Capital Group Review Ratings)
Security Analyst
in Carmel, IN

"Capital Group is a good company"

Senior Test Analyst

"I think the company is good and they have very intelligent people working for it. However, my current department has fundamental flaws when I compare to other departments. This has much to do with management in particular area."

Capital Group (49)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is 411 Locals (6)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is David Lerner Associates (11)
Consultant

"Just one sentence, not worth it. I was working in their project to update their existing system. No help from the existing team. Very toxic work culture. Doesn't matter how hard you work, you can be fired without any reason. You might as well work in a sweatshop."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Capital Group Employee

"I have been at CG for well over a decade. For a considerable period of that time CG was a great place to work. However, in 2009 with the advent of the second generation of the proprietors the culture has taken a massive turn. Currently, I can only describe the conditions at CG in terms of culture as Enron-esque. The environment, despite the banner on their website that claims “For more than 80 years, we’ve put investor first”, is ripe for massive inside trading, open for exploitation by both senior business and technology management, and with their tacit (“wink, wink”) approval. CG is in process of converting to an offshore model of managed technology services and continues to lay-off employees regularly; all the while with senior management claiming this is not an option. Beware working at CG as it has started and is now well down the path of becoming of “sweat shop” especially in any IT related areas. Not a good place to work at all. Management now uses threat and intimidation to blow-beat IT workers into submission, does not value technological expertise or skill, and evaluates all things through a lenses of subjective self promotion. The employees are generally nice, but this too is sliding down the scale because of the stress and fear: at any moment after decades of faithful and dutiful service and long hours of dedication, you can be summarily fired for no reason. (Someone was recently fired because they had “bad teeth.”) Again, do not consider working here."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Average Capital Group Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Capital Group Employee

"Not a great experience with Capital Group."

Technical Analyst

"Capital Group Company provides a very good compensation as well as good work life balance. Because the company is a large company, there are heavy politics involved in getting work done, but once you master that, you can have a successful career at Capital Group Company."

in San Antonio, TX

"I have world for Capital Group for 7 years as a senior applications developer. The direction of management is constantly changing. I have been under 7 managers, and great others not so much. The newest direction is to not develop in house. Most development has been outsourced and developers are now being asked to integrate with off the shelf and cloud solutions. Skills are eroding and no chance for advancement."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Capital Group Employee

"I have worked in Capital Group for almost 2 years now. It is a very liberal company especially to its employers. Everybody treats each other in a respectful manner."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Capital Group Employee

"I been working with Capital Group my contract is ending and I can take a position immediately."

Capital Group Employee

"Excellent work environment filled with bright, dedicated people."

Capital Group Employee

"This is a well-established company that is trying to right the ship in many areas, change is constant but tied to the greater good. As a result, the company runs very lean, lots of overtime and people asked to do more with less. Not the very special company with perks known to its employees many years ago, but still slightly better than most companies. If you can live with limited career progression and want a stable job, you may want to consider it."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Assistant Vice President
in San Antonio, TX

"Compensation is above average and all facilities are beautiful, but career advancement opportunities are minimal and environment is highly political."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Capital Group Employee

"I worked as a contractor for the Capital Group for 4 months to help them migrate from Windows XP to Windows 7. The work was very fast paced and exciting. I enjoyed working with my team and helping my end users adapt to this new operating system!"

Senior Software Developer
in Lake Forest, CA

What do you like about working at Capital Group?

"Very very good monetary compensation. The campus is very nice."

"Come prepared for a very long interview process where you will be repeating yourself over and over again."

What don't you like about working at Capital Group?

"Everything is bogged down in bureaucracy. There are too many people trying to build empires that add little value to the business."

"Start trusting your employees again. Stop being penny wise and pound foolish."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Senior UI Designer

"Nice people, nice place to work. Lack of challenge"

What do you like about working at Capital Group?

"Nice people, nice place to work. Highly collaborative. Well balance of work & life. Company overall is very generous and caring."

"It's a very conservative company due to the nature of its business - investment."

What don't you like about working at Capital Group?

"Highly collaborative. Design by committee, Too many reorganizations in a short period of time."

"Reorganizations and changes should be managed more carefully. Cultural change is a bit too radical."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5