On average, employees at CA Technologies give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest CA Technologies employees are Associate Software Engineers submitting an average rating of 4.3 and Senior Support Engineers with a rating of 3.2.

(based on 56 CA Technologies Review Ratings)
in Islandia, NY

"I work in the support org, and it's a terrible experience. I have no complaints about my peers and the other contributors whom I work with, but CA is stuck in a very command-and-control management mentality, at least from my POV in Support. There is very little transparency about why management makes the changes that they do. We are forced to work in the office at all times, my peers and some managers dress like slobs, and there is always someone looking over your shoulder to make sure you are working. CA Support is a first-world IT sweatshop. They don't like to invest in quality training or equipment either, and the products you are asked to support are mostly legacy products that have been around for 20+ years and are highly over-engineered so hard to use and support. We hardly ever get any nutritious food offered to us; once a month we get a lunch but it's usually very unhealthy food that will make you fat, especially since there is so much management and peer pressure to "work hard" that you are practically glued to your desk all day. The coffee sucks and the facilities are very old-school and drab. There's a ton of old mainframe technicians who are deathly afraid of losing their jobs because there are frequent layoffs at CA, so there isn't even any job security. The compensation is below market rates, and they do not like to give raises in support. Management is generally very aggressive and micromanaging and they do not really understand the technology that we are asked to support. Do yourself a big favor and find a job with an employer who has a progressive culture, systems, and products; you'll learn a lot more with that approach and it will benefit your career better. CA Support is a dead-end job."

Software Intern
in Santa Clara, CA
CA Technologies Employee

"I have worked for CA Technologies for 5 years. It is one of companies that goes under structural change on a regular basis. This change covers product developed and focused on, culture, and business model. This has an impact on an overall company's perception in the market from a stability point of view."

CA Technologies Employee

"CA is a good company, always staying ahead of the market needs - continuously changing to stay ahead of changing customer requirements."

Average CA Technologies Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Stony Brook, NY

"I have been working as a senior research aide at CA Technologies since August 2013. The work environment is great. As an intern I got opportunities to work on some really great projects."

in Stony Brook, NY

"It's a good company. I have not worked as full time employee, so I don't have much insights, but I have worked as a part time software developer for about a year. The people are friendly and helpful. Nice work environment and good communication between people."

in Islandia, NY

"I've been with CA Technologies for three and one half years. I find the people I work with pleasant. However, I have found my organization to be fairly bureaucratic and slow to adopt change. I prefer to work on more challenging projects that involve some risk. Because of this, I am sometimes frustrated by the amount of time required to accomplish even simple tasks."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in San Francisco, CA

"Been working for around 2 years. Really conservative thinking. Zero innovation. No appreciation or rewards."

Senior Software Engineer
in San Francisco, CA
in Islandia, NY

"I worked in CA from 1996 to 2014 in several positions. My experience working with this company is great, and I am really happy to have this opportunity. The benefits of the company are really good and the work environment is the best. I was laid off because my product was discontinued, but I am really proud to have worked at CA Technologies."

in Carson, CA

"It's good workplace.But hiring without any goal is bad for both company and employee."

Associate Software Engineer
in Plano, TX

"Great company, too many layoffs though. Job security is low."

in Islandia, NY

"I have worked in this position for 18 months now. It is a great position and working for a great company. I cannot think of another company that encourages training and education as much as CA does."

Principal Software Engineer
in Santa Clara, CA

"All in all an OK company to work for."

Solutions Architect
in Islandia, NY

"Awesome company to work for."