(based on 61 BP Review Ratings)
Call Center Operations Manager
in Naperville, IL

"Company lacks direction by their management team"

"Stick to a plan and stop the wavering and changes that occurred constantly. There is no stability and consistent direction."

Corporate Account Manager
in Riverside, CA

"It was good while it lasted"

What do you like about working at BP?

"It was rewarding helping others attain their goalls"

"Bring your A game and beware of the red tape."

"politics"

"Stop being so political and run the business!"

Account Manager

What do you like about working at BP?

"Work as many hours you want"

"uniorms"

Delivery Driver
in South Gate, CA

"Futile"

What do you like about working at BP?

"Pays very well and the industry is virtually recession proof. They literally extract their fortune from the ground and since the product is highly profitable, the company can afford to be managed and operated poorly with minor recourse."

"5-years truck driving experience (real trucks, e.g. 18-wheelers), clean driving record, be white or mexican doesn't hurt either."

What don't you like about working at BP?

"Typical top-down management structure. The high-ups understand management and investment in general but know little about day-to-day operations. As a result, operations seem to be gradually declining, along with the value delivered to employees, and overall moral. There is a high degree of bureaucracy within and among management groups, classism is actively fostered among work groups that are tied together. The work environment is downright hostile."

"Sell to someone who knows what they are doing. Instead of hiring a large number of low quality managers and introducing a mind boggling amount of stratification job division among several incompetent managers, hire fewer managers that actually have proven records and know what they are doing. Don't forget to compensate them well. I get paid better than my manager. How do you think this makes him feel"

EHS Manager
in Bainbridge, GA

What do you like about working at BP?

"The support for the EH&S function."

"Good company to work for."

What don't you like about working at BP?

"The job that I had was located to far from where my family lived. My parents had health problems and I could not help take care of them."

"Continue the support of EH&S at their facilities."

in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Poorly Managed Company"

What do you like about working at BP?

"I loved my first boss James Bate, he DID NOT micro-manage and always kept the team in good spirirts!"

"If it is for Corp BP. Have a 2nd job on back-up or just save save save your paychecks. It teeter-totters from day to day! But good luck! :)"

What don't you like about working at BP?

"The boss who I had before I quit. Jorge something. He would come around bark orders and leave. He never helped any managers a day in his life. He is the one who lead me to quit BP."

"From what I hear there are not any more Corp owned businesses. I still am in touch with a few of my former co-workers and they are no longer employed with BP due to the selling of their stores to independent owners."

Area Manager

"It was a great company to work for."

What do you like about working at BP?

"You had to set up a home office as you were on the road all the time and only went to the main office for meetings, etc."

What don't you like about working at BP?

"They did not consider experience in the industry, but rather to have a college degree."

"To consider experience and not age or education only in the hiring process."

HR Representative

"Overall, good company to work for especially compensation and benefits package."

What do you like about working at BP?

"Compensation and benefits package."

What don't you like about working at BP?

"UK-based company with one size fits all mentality. Misalignment at times with UK vs. US (and other countries) strategy/policy."

"Recognition and acknowledgement that the people who know the business best are the ones who are closest to the actual work being done."

in Bonsall, CA

"They were pretty good for a super large company"

"Good people"

"Check out carefully"

What don't you like about working at BP?

"Out of touch with the public"

"Check out other similar companies"

Site Manager

"Desperate for a Job Apply at BP!"

What do you like about working at BP?

"Being a Manager as it allowed me to make a difference in the working environment for my employees and a great shopping experience for my customers."

"Be professional and make sure whatever you place on your application make sure it is more than accurate, it will be checked."

What don't you like about working at BP?

"The inbalance of homelife and worklife. I was on call basically 24 hours a day."

"Allow mid - management to have a better balance of work and home."

Lead Project Manager

"Good company to work with."

Lead HR Consultant

"One of my best jobs."

Payroll Supervisor

"The company/management was fantastic."

What do you like about working at BP?

"Just about everything. The fast pace, the employees and co-workers, the management, the salary programs, fitness center, etc."

"To have a can-do attitude and express a willingness to get the job done no matter what! They really like team players."

What don't you like about working at BP?

"We conducted a Reduction in Forces about every 2-3 years. A lot of reorganizations."

Account Executive
in Artesia, CA

"A Great Place to Work!"

What do you like about working at BP?

"I loved working as a company account executive. I felt a true sense of team work in this position. BP is a great place to work."

"Conservative Oil Company who employees people who can think on their feet. You have to be willing to do whatever the job requires."

"Don't like the way they are constantly in a state of re-organization."

BP Employee
in Long Beach, CA

"Don't work for BP if at all possible."

"got out just in time."

"Get it in writing."

What don't you like about working at BP?

"Management is spineless at best. The Calciner is a stepping stone for middle management, and changes every couple years. Main concern is career growth. There are less than 50 employees there. There are to date 15 harassment cases pending with H.R. That is well over the 50% mark of unhappy employees. The place is infected with sick people. Watch out for the knife in your back."

"Longer term."