(based on 18 Boyd Gaming Review Ratings)
in Las Vegas, NV

"I worked for Boyd Gaming for almost a year before my position was impacted by the COVID pandemic. I found Boyd to be a pleasant place to work with good people. The company was in the process of updating their technology and capabilities before the current crisis slowed down the companies progress. I would recommend Boyd as a good place to work."

Casino Host
in Mulvane, KS

"I have had a very positive experience with the coworkers that are a part of the department as well as the head of our department. I have had the flexibility to do all of the tasks necessary and it is a comfortable workplace. I would recommend this position to anyone looking to work with casinos."

Boyd Gaming (20)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is Mandarin Oriental, Miami (9)
2.6 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Insurity Group (7)
in Las Vegas, NV

"Boyd Gaming is a great place to work. Very people first and family centric."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Las Vegas, NV

"Going on 2 years, my experience with Boyd has been educational and time worthy. There is a mix of old and new school technology that definitely keeps it interesting. With over 29 properties, you can assure you'll learn the essential basics when it comes to Information Technology and customer service."

Systems Engineer
in Las Vegas, NV

"This is the perfect company one would meet your retirement. A lot of bureaucracy. 2/3 department dropping the ball move over their direct tasks to other departments. Poor management. Have a lot of hands-on to improve the tech skills. But that's also started to eliminate."

in Las Vegas, NV

"Boyd Gaming is a fun place to work at. The people are nice and helpful. The management team are very considerate when staff have to attend to personal matters. Month-ends are busy just like in any accounting jobs but people work as a team to reach the goal."

in Las Vegas, NV

"Old employees do not like new employees. Can't teach old dogs new tricks"

in Las Vegas, NV

"The company has growing pains. The IT department as a whole could use a lot of attention from higher-ups to see it has been neglected for too long. Changes could happen if the can recognize it."

in Las Vegas, NV

"Hands down one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They notoriously underpay compared to national averages and industry standards. They also practice unfair and discriminatory hiring and promoting practices, they do not offer raises or bonuses based upon actual performance, and they have a toxic and hostile environment rife with silos. It is a common occurrence for qualified individuals to be passed for the rare promotional opportunities to rise in the ranks and further their careers for unqualified and less experienced individuals who happen to have an "in". If you aren't a 6ft (or taller) white male OR a 5ft female don't expect to be hired in any management or executive roles."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Las Vegas, NV

"I had a great time there. my managers and the other co-workers were willing to give me advice. As an intern, they provided me plenty of opportunities to work on and learn from the real IT projects and participate in the project meetings."

in Las Vegas, NV

"When I started at Boyd Gaming I was bright eyed and bushy tailed. Being someone who is open with communication and honest in my approach I quickly realized that although I am outgoing sometimes it is better to be stagnant. I would never discredit the hard work that my previous coworkers have shown. There was plenty of opportunity when I started but towards the end I realized I'm only a number to them. My management team would communicate one thing and then expect an entirely different outcome. Being someone who loves potential it was worrying to see such bright souls be confined to limitations of corrupt management. At the end of my career at Boyd Gaming I witnessed a fist fight between employees and countless acts of mis-communication. Subsequently for being an honest individual the opportunity for me only lasted 9 years and 8 months. I believe the restructuring of current and past employment obligations caused the department to suffer allot. The supervisors were put under a lot of stress and in turn the situation became toxic in communication and overall standards. I am happy to be on another path looking for a brighter future and a better company."

Software Developer
in Las Vegas, NV

"I took on a contract with Boyd Gaming on a specific project. The position was supposed to evolve into a full time position (contract to hire), however that never materialized and the position evolved into a support development position, with side work in the specified project. There seems to be a top-heavy level of management and very little "hands on" personnel. Those that are hands on, carry the responsibility and ownership of the systems that they work on, and seem to be responsible for the work that should be done by those that occupy other jobs. Aside from the managerial drama, busy work, and lack of productivity, it is a clean and comfortable work environment, with pleasant co-workers, an exceptional break room, and plenty of free Pepsi products!"

in Robinsonville, MS

"I have worked for Sams Town for 12 years as a dealer. The benefits are similar to all other casinos."

Systems Integrator