(based on 9 Boyd Gaming Review Ratings)
4.7
4.6
Boyd Gaming Employee
in Las Vegas, NV

"When I started at Boyd Gaming I was bright eyed and bushy tailed. Being someone who is open with communication and honest in my approach I quickly realized that although I am outgoing sometimes it is better to be stagnant. I would never discredit the hard work that my previous coworkers have shown. There was plenty of opportunity when I started but towards the end I realized I'm only a number to them. My management team would communicate one thing and then expect an entirely different outcome. Being someone who loves potential it was worrying to see such bright souls be confined to limitations of corrupt management. At the end of my career at Boyd Gaming I witnessed a fist fight between employees and countless acts of mis-communication. Subsequently for being an honest individual the opportunity for me only lasted 9 years and 8 months. I believe the restructuring of current and past employment obligations caused the department to suffer allot. The supervisors were put under a lot of stress and in turn the situation became toxic in communication and overall standards. I am happy to be on another path looking for a brighter future and a better company."

Software Developer
in Las Vegas, NV

"I took on a contract with Boyd Gaming on a specific project. The position was supposed to evolve into a full time position (contract to hire), however that never materialized and the position evolved into a support development position, with side work in the specified project. There seems to be a top-heavy level of management and very little "hands on" personnel. Those that are hands on, carry the responsibility and ownership of the systems that they work on, and seem to be responsible for the work that should be done by those that occupy other jobs. Aside from the managerial drama, busy work, and lack of productivity, it is a clean and comfortable work environment, with pleasant co-workers, an exceptional break room, and plenty of free Pepsi products!"

Boyd Gaming (11)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is Boyd Gaming (11)
2.6 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Insurity Group (7)
Boyd Gaming Employee
in Robinsonville, MS

"I have worked for Sams Town for 12 years as a dealer. The benefits are similar to all other casinos."

Safety Manager
in Las Vegas, NV

"This would have to be the best place to work in Vegas. The VP was a true man of his word you always knew where you stood with him. I have a lot of respect for the team I left behind."

Systems Integrator
Person You Work For 4.1 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Work Setting 4.8 / 5
Support You Get 4.4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Technical Support Analyst
Person You Work For 4.4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.4 / 5
Vice President
Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.5 / 5 Work Setting 4.8 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.8 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.8 / 5
Web Application Developer

What don't you like about working at Boyd Gaming?

"On call 24/7 and them expecting you to work double what you are paid for. New CEO had to prove himself."

Technical Writer

"It's Echelon Corp. (not sure where this gaming is coming from)."

What do you like about working at Boyd Gaming?

"Company helps with energy conservation. A great mission."

What don't you like about working at Boyd Gaming?

"Limited growth opportunity."