(based on 61 Baker Hughes Review Ratings)
"I have worked with Baker Hughes for a couple of years and this being my first professional job out of school, I have been able obtain great exposure to the Oil & Gas industry. I enjoy working for Baker Hughes and would recommend the company to a friend."
Posted 5 years ago in Houston, TX
Directional Driller
in Midland, TX

"Good company to work for. The have good people and great tools. The best in the patch."

Logistics Analyst

"I have been part of Baker Hughes for the past year. Working as a logistics analyst at such a company where everything is fast-paced has really helped me develop and improve my work ethic and skills. Though I have been steadily taking up new and challenging tasks, the growth opportunities to move up in the company has been restrictive due to the cyclical nature of the company and because of this, I am not able to develop myself (through new courses, moving up the ladder) and I am stagnant."

Baker Hughes (118)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Fisk Electric (11)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Rescue Rooter (9)
Senior Electro-Mechanical Test Operator

"I always respected this company Baker Hughes. But as times went on they have become corrupt. No feelings for their employees whatsoever. They talk about safety, but it's just to cover their legal right. Remember these questions are based on the last days at Baker and the so called takeover with Halliburton and the oil field downturn."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Mechanical Assembler
in Claremore, OK

"I worked for Baker Hughes for 2 years and decided to relocate. We built skids and tested them."

Average Baker Hughes Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Field Engineer

"I've worked for Baker Hughes for 3 years. Baker Hughes is a really nice company where I got much experience with a lot of types of wells. Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. The company’s 57,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources."

Baker Hughes Employee

"Working for this monster is ok if you like being just a number. In being an analyst, there isn't much room for growth unless you want to talk to and deal with customers and the stress that comes with the growth."

Baker Hughes Employee

"Baker Hughes is a good company to work for. The work can be challenging. Hours can be long. Sometimes the goals that are set are just totally unrealistic. They have decided to go with micro-management, as employees cannot be trusted. I do have a problem with that. Typically, the wrong people are rewarded for a job well done, because credit is taken away from the right people."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Mechanical Engineer

Security Network Engineer

"Company needs to hire their IT team instead of contractors."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Software Test Manager
in Albuquerque, NM

"Not great attitude to employees."

Wireline Specialist
in Pearland, TX

"I only worked there for a year, but in that year, I worked an average of 90hrs/wk and was not compensated for my time as well as others in my same position in the same company in other locations. BHI can be a great company to work for, if you find the right position. Wireline out of the Pearland, TX office is not it."

Baker Hughes Employee

"Worked for them for little over 2 years. The product division I am responsible for supporting is a mess and I really don't understand how the company in general was able to obtain ISO9001 certification. Many of the designs and BOMs are incomplete or with serious errors, many things are not documented. Trying to find alternate source components sometimes can be a nightmare as many parts do not have original datasheet, and could not easily find an alternate."

Field Operator
in Yukon, OK

"I've worked for Baker Hughes for 3 years, they showed and ran real good in the oil field. I've ran blender, cem AD, pumps, sanding, rigging up, rigging down, pumped down wireline. I've learned a lot working at Baker Hughes."

Baker Hughes Employee

"Challenging environment in the IT group. Cost constraints limit quality of solution delivered to the business units. Projects based on very limited scope. Considerable waste in completing many projects. BHI oil/gas services businesses are often annoyed by its IT ability to deliver."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Midland, TX

"Good company to work for."