Career Menu

470 Assistant Store Manager Reviews

Submit a Review
Assistant Store Manager at AutoZone

What do you like about working at AutoZone?

"Dealing with people and helping them with there car problem, doing planograms andreconciling the daily sales"

"just be themselves in the interview and be thruthfull on their answer look at the intervieweron the eye"

What don't you like about working at AutoZone?

"Abusive customers and management always siding with customers even if they are wrong and management will not assign security at the store"

"Help the employee back them up if they have problems with customers and always giveemployees training in customer relation"

Assistant Store Manager at Barnes & Noble
Person You Work For 3.9 / 5 People You Work With 3.8 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.9 / 5
Company Culture 3.1 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Assistant Store Manager at Barnes & Noble

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"The people, kind of work, and atmosphere I work in are all important to me."

Assistant Store Manager at Hollywood Video

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"The job is good if you dont have others depending on you and no goals."

What do you like about working at Hollywood Video?

"I liked learning how to be a better manager and how to do a new job. I like working with others and the public."

Assistant Store Manager at United States Army

"Be prepared to work in conjuction with the military and have a good understanding of polocies and procedures."

What don't you like about working at United States Army?

"The fact that the Berlin Wall came down. I was employed approx 75 miles from the East/West German border. And as soon as the wall came down there was no threat of communism for West Germany and later all of Germany became unified."

Assistant Store Manager at Dairy Queen

What don't you like about working at Dairy Queen?

"Nothing really, however the equipment was old, but I fixed that problem with a remodel."

Assistant Store Manager at RadioShack
in Dayton, OH

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"A sales position for an engineer. It's never a fool who opens his mouth first."

What do you like about working at RadioShack?

"Scheduling was flexible, and the people I worked with at RadioShack were intelligent, driven, professional, and passionate about their work."

"It is both possible and plausible to be happy and successful with RadioShack. However, currently, many of the sales techniques border upon unethical. I would urge you to build a strong rapport with your local customers and be that trusted specialist who knows how to help them out."

What don't you like about working at RadioShack?

"Corporately, there was a large amount of pressure to meet specific sales targets, and the means that floor people were demanded of were often unethical, or bordered on outright lying."

"The corporation should reevaluate its focus on confusing pitches for high-margin electronics, and reorganize around what was classically a household name in trusted customer service. The image cannot be a superficial one."

Assistant Store Manager at Casa Ole

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"A great place to start working at, and meet customers as well as other employees."

Assistant Store Manager at Blockbuster

What do you like about working at Blockbuster?

"Close interaction with customers and providing them with service. There is always some or the other projects to work on."

"This job is not only about selling movies but selling different products for the company. You have be be good at selling and be enthusiastic about it."

What don't you like about working at Blockbuster?

"Lack of visits from Corporate. Not knowing the future of the company, as the company is struggling through rough economy."

"District Leaders should visit their stores more often to maintain the consistency of their stores. Districts should be smaller to avoid pressure for the district managers."

Assistant Store Manager at Citi Trends

What do you like about working at Citi Trends?

"I enjoy the different types of people I encountered every day, and it feels as if I am in a different environment every day."

Assistant Store Manager at Brookstone

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"Great job, but not meant as a career."

What do you like about working at Brookstone?

"The Atmosphere and the employees made the work place more enjoyable."

What don't you like about working at Brookstone?

"The Company policy where if you don't qualify for FMLA, they laid you off."

"Focus more on the employees who make a difference and show potential."

Assistant Store Manager at Walmart

What don't you like about working at Walmart?

"Career advancement."

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"Trade your life to live the Blockbuster lifestyle."

Assistant Store Manager at Abercrombie & Fitch
in Short Hills, NJ

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"A great experience that introduced me to some great people, but not a career position."

You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created
Jobs You Might Like