Career Menu

347 Art Director Reviews

Submit a Review
"I LOVED the challenge of going through the steps of hiring a team, establishing procedures and guidelines for editorial, creative and production oriented workflows was a great learning experience. I also enjoy the sense of accomplishment after so many painstaking hours spent on producing elements of a book, then finally seeing the printed piece is enriching. The managerial duties is what I sometimes hated as it sometimes interfered with what I was trying to accomplish at any given moment."
Posted 5 years ago in Dallas, TX
Art Director at Prime Fitness
in Bonney Lake, WA

"LOVE:-the final production/publication of my hard work.-making clients excited about their brand.-designing.-creating.HATE:-sometimes tight deadlines.-eyes hurt from being on the computer.-tight shoulder blades from being on the computer all day (but that's ok, because I do yoga to make it feel better)."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Art Director at Madrivo Media
in Las Vegas, NV

"Having the chance of working with both internal and external clients is what keeps my work interesting everyday. If you add to that the great team and the creative environment there, you get a quite good balance."

Art Director at Red Lion Hotels
in Spokane, WA

"I enjoyed being art director at Red Lion very much!"

Art Director at Possible Worldwide
in Cincinnati, OH

"The thing I hate about being an AD is the state of limbo between directing and doing. This is hard to manage. Choose one or the other, don't try to do both. Also, the expectation that you need to progress to a Creative Director. If you like being an AD, do it well. Good AD's are a huge asset to every organization."

Art Director at Ryan Partnership
in San Francisco, CA

"I am a team cheerleader by nature. I enjoy motivating talented people to do their best work and think outside the box. Client facing is perfect for me given my social demeanor. Concept development and presenting to a client is a lot of fun. Being an Art Director rocks!"

Art Director at J.M.S. Fashion

"The pay at JMS FASHION is decent for the work we do. I started as a Designer on $43000/yr and after four years and several promotions I'm now paid $48000/yr as the Art Director."

Art Director at Rosetta

"I love bringing up team members to speed, generating wonders and protecting the team from unrealistic tasks. I also love getting my hands dirty. I hate being involved in too many useless meetings."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Support You Get 4.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.3 / 5
Art Director at Neon Games

"As art director, I'm responsible for the look of the games, their overall design, and that everyone maintains that style throughout. I really enjoyed be able to direct this aspect of games, rather than adhering to someone else's style, and hope I have a chance to do it again in the future."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Art Director at University of Texas

"Working in any creative field is rewarding for me. That said, my work was almost completely void of collaboration, even from a client standpoint. I'd like to move into a job where I'm working with others in my company and creating products for clients that love working with me and my team."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
Art Director at Vezecreative
in Manhattan Beach, CA

"I love creating concepts and stories and the multimedia graphic, film and web design."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Art Director at Benham Advertising
in Chino, CA

"I love the fast paced environment and the never ending challenges that this industry presents. Working late into the nights and achieving the final end-goal is always a rewarding feeling. The not-so-good about it, is having to deal with the many different opinions and critiques from customers who never seem to be fully satisfied in the long run. Having to educate them on your (and your company's) professionalism is tedious and time consuming."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Art Director at Renaissance Science
in Chandler, AZ

"Being an art director is an outstanding experience, You get lead creative people toward a common goal and is truly satisfying whenever you see progress made and everything coming together. It's one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Art Director at Intermezzo
in Lexington, MA

"I love being an Art Director for Intermezzo. My work with Intermezzo is very rewarding and allows me the creative freedom to learn and grow as a designer."

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.7 / 5
Art Director at The Award Group

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"Great place if you're looking to settle"

What do you like about working at The Award Group?

"Job security is not an issue, and live stress free knowing that my job is not a jeopardy."

"they always prefer people with strong personalities, specially in the sales department."

What don't you like about working at The Award Group?

"it's a very small company and there barely any growth opportunity."

"They need to trust their employees that they are doing their job correctly and quit micromanaging"

Art Director at PRAXIS Integrated Communications

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"While I work with nice people the projects and schedules are not organized."

What do you like about working at PRAXIS Integrated Communications?

"The company is within walking distance of my home. There variety of clients is good when work is busy."

"This is a good company for a young designer who has some experience."

What don't you like about working at PRAXIS Integrated Communications?

"There is poor project management and communication with clients and workers."

"Management needs to be more organize and project manage better."

You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created