Career Menu

347 Art Director Reviews

Art Directors give their job an average rating of 3.8 out of 5.0. The Art Directors happiest with their jobs are employed by Leo Burnett Worldwide with an average rating of 4.9 while the Art Directors least happy with their jobs work for White Hat Management with an average rating of 1.1.

Submit a Review
"I love making games. My passion and dream is to be an Art Director for a game company and I can't imagine doing anything else. I love working with a group of talented artist on a creative project that millions of people can play with."
Posted 5 years ago in San Francisco, CA
Art Director at Melrose in the OC
in San Clemente, CA

"I love being able to direct exactly what is needed and wanted, directly into what is created and published at my job. What I dislike mainly is being a small company, so my work is not showcased as much as I would want it to be."

Art Director at INSP!RE Graphic Design Studio
in Mission Viejo, CA

"I love the days where you crack the code to an amazing idea and you feel on top of the world, and the downside is being stuck and trying to find your muse."

Art Director at MCMG Creative

"I love the impact on the audience upon seeing a project through. The interaction with clients and the input that is heard from all people involved from co-workers to free-lancers and myself to help implement the clients vision and desires for their particular project is something sometimes only a small company can appreciate. I can't say I hated anything but sometimes running a business and the ins and outs of doing so forces a person to wear too many hats taking away from some of the desired work at hand."

Art Director Career Rating Comparison

All Art Directors
4.9 Highest Rated Art Directors is at Leo Burnett Worldwide (1)
1.1 Lowest Rated Art Directors is at White Hat Management (8)
Art Director at Grey Group
in Mequon, WI

"I worked in almost all areas of advertising, printing, magazines, as well as the development of creative advertising campaigns for major brands, including strategic planning, scenarios of video TVCs, copyright materials and art-direction of visual materials. I also gained invaluable experience in digital communications."

Art Director at DigitasLBi

"I love what I do, every day of my life. There is some tedious processes sometimes but for the most part I love every single step an Art Director should go through when creating something meaningful and powerful, it's not only about the end result but the thought process that went along with it."

Art Director at ICF International
in Fairfax, VA

"I love working with creative individuals finding great and inspiring solutions to problems in all variety of industries."

Art Director at Young & Rubicam
in Miami, FL

"Actually I love every part of being a Digital Art Director, it is my passion. A Chinese proverb says: "Do the work you love the most and you wouldn't have to work even a day in your life"; That's exactly how I feel as an Art Director."

Art Director at Zynga
in San Francisco, CA

Art Director at Medica

"Love the creative aspect of it. Working with other designers, technical directors, project managers, etc really applies the definition of team work. I do not dislike the position at all, if I had to say anything, it would be that well, clients are clients and you can make all of the sense in the world and have a stunning program designed and built, but there will always be a member of a client team that will change their mind about something. You know how it is."

Art Director at ChadAn Artist
in Lincoln, NE

"Well, it's the absolute best job in the world."

Art Director at Data Tactics

"I love the opportunity to execute a vision from start to finish with a team of brilliant individuals. I hate disorginized team players."

Art Director at Sears
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"I love the creative aspects of the job. I have the opportunity to manage and mentor the designers I work with. I provide direction to the team per the client's instructions. This allows me to develop skills that would benefit me in becoming a Creative Director. I hate the less creative aspects of the job. Budgets, timelines, spreadsheets."

Art Director at Daily Commercial
in Leesburg, FL

"I love that every day there are new and different projects to work on. I especially enjoy helping small business succeed in their day-to-day marketing needs. I especially enjoy that I get to interact creatively with not only our clients but with my staff."

Art Director at The Investment Funds Institute of Canada
in Toronto, ON

"With every profession there are positive and negative experiences that one may encounter throughout their career, however I incorporated the negative experiences for my career enhancement and personal wellbeing. This has made me love my line of work and I thoroughly enjoy the fast pace creative environment that I have to work in. I love the challenges and fulfillment that come with brainstorming for new projects and keeping myself well acquainted with the latest in the market."

Art Director at ICF International
in Fairfax, VA

"I love being able to be a part of a team developing cutting edge design solutions for different markets and spaces within a wide variety of industries. I truly love working in the Unity IDE integrating and developing fun and engaging content.Working as a team leader it is always great to see and help the individuals I work with grow as artists and developers."

You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created