217 Army National Guard Reviews

Browse Army National Guard Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 163 Army National Guard Review Ratings)
"Red tape and bureaucracy dominate the entire organization from top to bottom. Perhaps, the most powerful, yet most inefficient organization in the entire world. Those who start at the bottom and rise to positions of great power quickly forget what it's like for the average worker."
Posted 7 years ago in Marseilles, IL
in Birmingham, AL

"I worked for the AL Army National Guard for 11 years and would highly recommend it to anyone."

in Johnston, IA

"I’ve worked for the Iowa Army National Guard since 03 March 1989. I didn’t become full time until right after my first deployment in 2001. I’ve been a infantry, Retention, Training, Human Resources, Sales Soldier. I’ve moved from SW Iowa, Council Bluffs, and now to Johnston because of the camaraderie and leadership that I gotten over the years. I’m looking for a career after retirement from the Military. My family is still in Corning, IA and I would like to get closer to them. The reason for looking at Store Manager position in Massena, IA was because I really enjoyed working in service, parts, sales, but it also gets me closer to home."

Army National Guard (217)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is City of Santa Ana (6)
3.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Bureau of Reclamation (13)
in Draper, UT

"I've worked in multiple management positions with the National Guard. They literally train us to problem solve on the job with stressful situations. Our states unique charter in languages has allowed us not only to be continually tasked to help all over the world but has caused us to be heavily recruited by all the 3 letter government agencies.The education level, loyalty, efficient work ethics, and family oriented environment produces the top performers in myriads of fields!"

in Riverton, UT

"I have had amazing opportunities to serve our country."

Average Army National Guard Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Army National Guard Employee

"I’ve worked as a Combat Medic/Healthcare Specialist in the North Carolina Army National guard since 2013. I have gained discipline, work ethic, and valuable skills in both medical and safety scenarios within both hazardous and non-hazardous environments while responsible for the well being of up to 40 people."

in Fairfield, IA

"I have been in the National guard for 6 years and I would highly recommend joining. I have learned very valuable skills that allow me to easily perform any task I need to do on the civilian side"

Construction Specialist
in Little Rock, AR

"My stay was fantastic. I was given multiple challenges on the weekly basis that were test to see if I could handle more responsibility. My supervisor saw potential and mentored me to be greater than I was. By the time I left I had gained more knowledge than I had ever expected from my stay."

Army National Guard Employee

"I worked for the Texas Military Department from 2005 until my retirement in 2019. Overall, it was an excellent organization to work for. Just like any other organization, there were downsides that were outweighed by the upsides. Being able to positively impact the quality of training areas and programs for TMD soldiers was the highlight of my daily activities."

Team Leader
in Columbus, OH

"The Ohio National Guard set me on a pathway to success. Not only did they pay for my college, but the Guard also provided me with real-world experience in leadership, documentation, technical writing and so much more. It certainly isn't for everyone but it's a good start."

in Madison, WI

"I worked with the Wisconsin Army National Guard for 29 years. The Guard is an excellent professional organization that I would recommend to anyone who is considering serving your Country. The intangibles that I have received from the military are so valuable in my everyday life."

Officer
in Round Rock, TX

"Hard work with lots of benefits."

Communications Specialist
in Burlington, VT

"I have been in the Vermont Guard for over 12 years. In this time I have had many opportunities that allowed me to travel, see new places and meet new people that I am thankful for. I have learned and developed as a professional and on a personnel level. The skills I have learned over the years have prepared me for civilian employment in many lucrative and rewarding carriers. It is all what you make of it, put in 110% get back 110%."

CEO
in Hammond, LA

"This is a great place to work."

in Raleigh, NC

"Good opportunities for those first starting out."

Management Specialist
in Cheyenne, WY

"I've worked for the Wyoming Air and Army National Guard for over 6 years now. I enjoy helping our customers to achieve our mission together and assisting local communities when we were needed. I also like to work with my co-workers, and my supervisors. The Wyoming National Guard is a organization that truly cares about your personal development, and our tax payer' interests."