On average, employees at Applied Materials give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Applied Materials employees are Purchasing Specialists submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Interns with a rating of 4.9.

(based on 170 Applied Materials Review Ratings)
"Excellent place to work and gain organizational, analytical, troubleshooting and deadline demanding skills."
Posted 10 years ago in Austin, TX
Applied Materials Employee

"I've only been with the company a week or so. So far I've clicked with the team and management. The work environment is your usual cube setup. Safety is job one in everything we do. I have a good bit of leeway in getting my job completed. It should be a good job for the long haul."

in College Station, TX

"I have worked with Texas Center for Applied Technology for almost 3 years. All of the guys that I have worked with have been amazing. Everyone has a deep desire to do well on each of the projects that we have worked on. Everyone is always looking out for each other. I couldn't ask for a better place to work."

Applied Materials (287)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Genie Industries (19)
2.3 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Adams Thermal Systems (8)
in Santa Clara, CA

"I have worked for Applied Materials Inc. since 2012. I have found it to be a very strong MNC with excellent ethical values and an emphasis on customer satisfaction."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Engineer
in Santa Clara, CA

"Applied is a strong company in the semiconductor industry. For semiconductor professionals, there are many product divisions. It offers challenging assignments, and good working conditions. The company is progressive with technology for use in the office. It is a global company that will expose you to opportunities all around the world. I was fortunate to work in Germany, Spain, China, Taiwan, and Korea. Overall a good place to work if you are results driven, and constantly seek to add value."

Average Applied Materials Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Gloucester, MA

"I have been working here for a few years and it has been fun."

in Sunnyvale, CA

"I've worked at a lot of companies in my career. Applied is by far the hardest company with the most rigid silos and infighting I have experienced. It's a great place to start your career. Any mid to late career types should consider other alternatives."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Gloucester, MA

"This is a very good company at which to work."

in Santa Clara, CA

"I find this company with excellent work ethic but passive in case of employee collaboration, and there is worrying generation gap between employees."

Lead Consultant
in Gloucester, MA

"I worked at Applied Materials, Varian Semiconductor Div. in Gloucester, MA, as a Lead Consultant of HCLA. In that position I managed a sizable offshore team and directed engineering work to be performed at the electro-mechanical level for integration into existing ION-Implanter systems in the department of Continuous Improvement of Product, CIP. I found this to be a great position that offered the opportunity to understand the global picture and to first hand work with India as our counter parts"

Applied Materials Employee

"Applied Materials is a great company to work for. At this time, I am looking to move up within the company and I'm not able to do so with my current group at this time."

Applied Materials Employee

"The people are great, but the environment can be difficult to adapt to. Compensation is awesome, but don't bank on bonuses. Health benefits are sub-par. Death by meetings, which is pretty standard in large corporations these days. There is very limited avenue for growth, and rising tends to involve switching departments or even leaving and returning. There is a constant worry about layoffs due to realignment of resources toward R&D (code words). A lot has been outsourced. Enthusiastic CEO."

Customer Engineer
in Hillsboro, OR

"I have worked for Applied Materials for 2 years, thru all the time that I needed off for military, family matters, the company was really willing to work with me. They provided all the training that I needed, I was able to be a Customer Engineer at Intel working on High Density Plasma."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Support You Get 4.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.3 / 5
Mobility Infrastructure Specialist

"Culture is good and lots of things to learn as they have latest technology to work with."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
CMMI Lead Coordinator
in Secaucus, NJ

What do you like about working at Applied Materials?

"Work culture, benefits and rewards, team cohesion and team activities and everything."

What don't you like about working at Applied Materials?

"I truly like this company and there is nothing that I can think of."