On average, employees at Applied Materials give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Applied Materials employees are Purchasing Specialists submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Interns with a rating of 4.9.

(based on 190 Applied Materials Review Ratings)
"Excellent place to work and gain organizational, analytical, troubleshooting and deadline demanding skills."
Posted 11 years ago in Austin, TX
in Saratoga, CA

"I have worked collectively for over 14 years at Applied Materials. A company with a market cap of over $55 Billion, which is on the front lines of industry 4.0 revolution. A company with the energy and passion of startup, with the depth of 5 thousand plus employees and bragging rights of having a role in 100% of elections in use today! An absolute great operation."

in Santa Clara, CA

"I interned for Applied Materials for the robotics team. I had a great time working alongside my manager and coworkers. The projects assigned to me were fun, engaging and offer plenty of opportunities to apply general mechanical engineering skills."

Applied Materials (307)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Genie Industries (19)
2.3 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Adams Thermal Systems (8)
Deep Learning Intern
in Santa Clara, CA

"Amazing Company to start your career. I did as a Deep learning Engineer where we built a search Engine using NLP Technologies."

Data Science Intern
in Santa Clara, CA

"I was a Data Science intern at Applied Materials this past summer, in the Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning team. Though Applied Materials is an older company, they are willing to incorporate fresh ideas from newer generations and have a growth mindset. They do not hesitate to use open source technology and make interns feel like they are an important asset to the company. I have learned a lot through my experience and managers and would love to work there again."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

Average Applied Materials Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Assembler
in Kalispell, MT

"I've worked at Applied Materials for a year and while it is an effective company it can suffer from leadership issues which leads to a general sense of malaise amongst employees. When all things are arranged well the product produced is truly world-class, but issues commonly arise in the process at all levels."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Intern
in Santa Clara, CA

"Applied Materials was a good learning environment to be in!"

in Santa Clara, CA

"The quality of jibs will vary based go group and management. Ask a lot of questions and make sure the position is right for you."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Mechanical Engineering Intern
in Los Altos, CA

"I have worked with Applied Materials as a Mechanical Engineering Intern, and the experience was very rewarding. I learned about semiconductor robots, as well as how to develop and execute a test plan."

in Santa Clara, CA

"Ok to work at. The people were cooperative, and there was a general growth mindset. Management is pretty stiff though, hard to ask for better benefits or conversion to full time from Consultant."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Materials Manager
in Santa Clara, CA

"No experience in applying not until end of december"

in Gloucester, MA

"I worked here from June 2017 to Nov 2018. I was treated very well, and always had challenging work to perform. Other empoyees there were very helpful, willing to assist my efforts. All in all, I enjoyed working there."

"Great established company."

Applied Materials Employee

"Employer informed after interview they like keeping oeople waiting so will inform if i got position at least by next week. Didnt hear anything for antoher month. They went through 2 staffing agencies to get me hired on and it was confising and frustaiting took 3 weeks. Once i started my first day they sent me back to another side of town because they fualed to give me drug test information before hand. And i couldnt work before taking drug test. The peraon they had me shadowing talked about everyone to me the whole time and compakined about horrible pay for too mich work. I had grew frustrated and resigned . They insured id get paid for the full 8 hr shift consdiering i drove 30 mons to work just to drive 35 mins to another side of town for drug test 4 hours into shift. They did not get my direct deposit details but insured id get paid. Have yet to get confirmation whether they are sneding via check or would like my DD details. Frustrating experience overall."

in Sunnyvale, CA

"The job as a scientist is full of challenges and joy with excellent work/life balance."

in Santa Clara, CA

"Pro: good online training classes. Con: projects turn in 2-3 years."