(based on 26 Anthem Blue Cross Review Ratings)
"When I worked at Anthem Blue Cross. I loved it there. I advanced fast. We got bonus every 6 months. The atmosphere was great, going to work every day brought a smile to my face. When I was let go I was sad cause I didn't want to let my job go. It was my best job I had and was planning on making a career at Anthem. Unfortunately you can't choose to stay. I would recommend this job to everyone who has medical insurance experience."
Posted 6 years ago in Denver, CO
in Norfolk, VA

"I have worked for Anthem since 2018 and I have found it to be a great company to work in. I believe the most important thing that will stick with me is team values along with people management skills that I have learned while working here for the last 2 years. I will recommend this workplace in a heartbeat to everyone"

Anthem Blue Cross Employee

"I've worked for Anthem since 2018. The work life balance is great. I enjoy my co-workers and supervisor. The company offers great benefits and opportunities for growth."

Anthem Blue Cross (40)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Medical Care (205)
2.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (6)
Anthem Blue Cross Employee

"Overall good company with a strong business but lacks innovation"

in Indianapolis, IN

"Anthem Inc., is a Fortune 35 managed health care company covering 40 plus million members in the United States. Anthem is headquartered in Indianapolis with offices throughout the United States with more than 60,000 associates."

Average Anthem Blue Cross Ratings in the Past 3 Years

IT Intern
in Mason, OH

"The internship with Anthem proved to be a great learning experience for me, which was not surprising for the second-largest health insurance firm in the United States. Anthem's digital team is always on its toes, adopting the latest technologies and adapting to the ever-changing technological horizon. As part of this internship, I had a chance to work with Sentiment Analysis/Natural language processing and Java Spring API development."

Chief Architect
in Wallingford, CT

"excellent work culture and nice company to work !"

Senior Project Manager
in Indianapolis, IN

"I lead a team of 5-6 mbrs for Dashboard Implementation for Healthy Indiana Plan(HIP) Project, that helped provide reports across Quality,Finance, Operations and Enrollment, which contributed to a annual savings of $10M for the project.Also,was lead of St Francis Implementation project, that included all Franciscan providers under a risk deal with all approx 50k Anthem Medicaid Members on a monthly basis, that involved cross participation with teams across Provider Solutions, Enrollment and Finance to help enagage these members smoothly.Its currently generating a annual revenue of $50M to St Francis, and due to this risk deal, Anthem was able to get profit sharing contribution of approx $12M annually."

SQL Developer
in Norfolk, VA

"I have been working for Anthem INC for more than a Year and Half. I absolutely appreciate the working environment. In order to grow and develop, Change is always recommended. I am looking for my change."

Anthem Blue Cross Employee

"Anthem is a very hostile place to work. It allows bullying and discrimination to take place and does nothing to help employees who are experiencing it. My previous manager even admitted on an unemployment recorded call that he did not follow up on an official complaint that I had made against another employee. Even with this, Anthem was allowed to get out of paying unemployment benefits. Do not work here, and pick another insurance company for your coverage."

in Middletown, NY

"Company changes upper management about once a week. Local management is biased towards friends and relatives. Very few opportunities for mid-level employees. Technical and network support is poor. Fellow workers are great and very aware of unfair practices. Young people question whether they wish to stay with the company since they don't feel secure. Older people, pack up your bags. Veteran friendly-no way!"

in Melville, NY

"I have worked at Anthem's New York subsidiary for many years. This is not the company for a minority looking to advance. The old boy's network is in play here. If you are friends with the higher ups, you will have a chance. Otherwise, you will be stuck in the same position for years. There was only one black manager in my office until he died. Now there are no black managers. A good company to use as a stepping stone to other things."

Claims Processor

Anthem Blue Cross Employee

"I have worked at Wellpoint for over 8 years. It has provided many opportunities to me and my family."

Senior Account Executive
in Woodland Hills, CA

What do you like about working at Anthem Blue Cross?

"passion of how what I do adds value to the end user. I love working with our clients to develop strategies to improve the health of their associates that will also impact their cost over time"

"Prepare, research and demonstrate your strength and ability to execute the duties of the position excellently. Walking into a new position is simple for a person you listens, takes direction and is resourceful. By the way, that's me."

What don't you like about working at Anthem Blue Cross?

"lack of value recognition of staff and career pathing for growth. In addition, despite the fact that we are a health and wellness organization we have very little work/life balance for our own staff."

"From a product stand-point, do a better job delivering a value proposition and portfolio to our clients. Internally, maximize the resource and human capital that you have to get to the first objective."

Developer
in Louisville, KY

What do you like about working at Anthem Blue Cross?

"People were very nice to work with and easy to get along with."

"Keep an open mind and display all that you know."

What don't you like about working at Anthem Blue Cross?

"Knowledge of the manager about the work we did and how best to do it."

"Keep up with the abilities of the employees with whom you are managing and what is required to do the work needed."