AECOM Employee Job Reviews in the United States

Browse AECOM Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 133 AECOM Review Ratings)

"Boyle Engineering is a very professional and well managed company. I was very impressed."
Posted 12 years ago
Mechanical Engineer

"I have been working for AECOM for 8 years. The company provided opportunities to employees when it was good shape. However, the mis-management brought it to down time."

AECOM Employee

"I've worked with AECOM for 10 years and the beginning years was a very pleasant experience. The past 2 years when we got a new CIO things went downhill. They laid off 1/3 of the IT Support and changed the overall system and after 2 years went to outsource the IT support."

Proposal Manager

"Average benefits, no bonus, less than 2% raise, flexible hours, limited opportunities."

AECOM Employee

"I have worked in AECOM for a year and it has been a nice experience since I joined."

AECOM Employee

"I have worked for AECOM for 8 years (since I was in ENSR) and although the work variety has been good and the people I have been working with have been great, the corporate climate is dismal. There is little room for internal advancement and due to drastic RIFs, morale is the lowest I have ever seen it. I can not recommend joining this company unless you are an entry-level staffer looking for your first position in the industry."

AECOM Employee

"Good according to my experience"

Mechanical Engineer

"I've worked for this company for 8 years. The supervisors are good, but the management system is a little bit messy."

Armored Vehicle Fleet Supervisor

"I worked with Aecom on two different occasions once in 2007 and again 2012 and both times it was a very upbeat company where you can grow with them. The only reason I left was I was tired of working in war zones and in countries with a lot of troubles."

AECOM Employee

"AECOM has many different contracts so this may not be applicable to the entire company. But this particular contract is not the best. Compensation along with holiday time etc. is far from great. The coworkers are great to talk to, but there is a common sentiment of dissatisfaction among everyone."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Cost Consultant

"Ethical but disfunctional"

IT Support Specialist

"I very much enjoyed working with AECOM."

Senior Atmospherics Manager

"Disgusting company, THANK GOD I left!!! It was a joke working for them. I worked for them in Afghanistan and seriously I'm lucky to still be alive. All the employees on contract are soon to be fired and they are holding their breath on when. The PMO are idiots who sleep around with each other and if not sleeping with each other, go off base to sleep with locals. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

AECOM Employee

"Excellent employers that are always approachable. Great work environment and interesting work.There is always the possibility of promotions too."

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.7 / 5
Equipment Services Project Manager

"Good staff, but middle management is in chaos and upper management is clueless."

What do you like about working at AECOM?

"Good pay and benefits with flexible hours and paternity leave options"

"Great place to start but don't plan to retire from here (nobody does except those forced out from companies AECOM buys). Show ambition and drive to get in, build your skills, and move on to a place you want to finish your career."

What don't you like about working at AECOM?

"AECOM treats employees like just another number and does not value individuals as people. We all know we will be cut on a whimsy of upper management."

"Value people. Invest in the company instead of the quick 30 day return; think strategy over a year. Empower employees and quit micromanaging. Replacing all the North American leadership would be a good start."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Systems Support Specialist

What do you like about working at AECOM?

"The people over all were great but management was short sighted, moral is now at an all time low"

"Keep promises of training and internal organic growth, stop with the staff cut backs"

What don't you like about working at AECOM?

"promises of training but never available, only for senior employees. Frequent consolidation and downsizing."

"find a way to boost morale and not outsource so much when they said they would not"

AECOM Reviews FAQs

Is AECOM a good company to work for?

AECOM has an overall rating of 3.9 Average Rating out of 5, based on over 133 AECOM Review Ratings left anonymously by AECOM employees, which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. 90% of employees would recommend working at AECOM.

Does AECOM pay their employees well?

AECOM employees earn $65,000 annually on average, or $31 per hour, which is 2% lower than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. 88 AECOM employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Find AECOM Salaries by Job Title.

How satisfied are employees working at AECOM?

90% of employees would recommend working at AECOM with the overall rating of 3.9 out of 5. Employees also rated AECOM 3.8 out of 5 for Company Culture, 3.9 for Rewards You Receive, 3.4 for Growth Opportunities and 3.9 for support you get.

What is the highest paying job at AECOM?

According to our data, the highest paying job at AECOM is a Lead at $200,000 annually. Browse AECOM Salaries by Job Profile.

What is the lowest paying job at AECOM?

According to our data, the lowest paying job at AECOM is a Help Desk Technician at $20,000 annually. Browse AECOM Salaries by Job Profile.

What are the pros and cons of working at AECOM?

According to reviews on CareerBliss, employees commonly rated the pros of working at AECOM to be Company Culture, Growth Opportunities, People You Work With and Person You Work For, and no cons.

Browse AECOM Employee Job Reviews by Location