(based on 21 Wegmans Food Markets Review Ratings)
"Amazed at the time and money they spend on each of us who want to grow. They invest in our careers and treat us like people. We are treated with respect and valued."
Posted 4 years ago in Montgomeryville, PA
Team Leader
in Tonawanda, NY

"I have worked for Wegmans for 15 years. They are a family based company with flexibility for college students and people with a second job."

in Buffalo, NY

"I have worked with Wegmans for a year. I am very pleased with this job and everyone that I work with. The managers, supervisors, etc are always willing to accommodate you know matter what. Also, everyone is always willing to work with one another to get the job successfully done."

Wegmans Food Markets (33)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Ingles Markets (8)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Vons (18)
in Niagara Falls, NY

"Decent company to work for. It's easy to fall into a complacent routine so it's important to take initiative. Management is hit or miss."

in Rochester, NY

"I've worked at Wegmans Food Markets since 2015 and it has been extremely beneficial in helping me grow into a strong professional. The company without a doubt cares about it's employees and customers. Wegmans will do anything they can to help you grow and succeed within the company."

Average Wegmans Food Markets Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Newton Highlands, MA

"This job is very welcoming and ready to train. They are always willing to take you Uber your wing"

in Rochester, NY

"This company pressures employees to give to charities, give personal medical information to them. Which they saw is voluntary. You basically are harassed till you do. They require you also to celebrate your birthday at work even when a person doesn’t want to and has expressed not to. Next they will dictate what religion and political party employees can be."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Syracuse, NY

"Not for anyone that is not in the food industry."

Cook
in Montgomeryville, PA

in Hamburg, NY

"Worked for the company for 10 years. In the last 5 years, my total raises have amounted to a lousy $1.00. At this rate, I was better off not working and applying for government assistance. People complain about other places being horrible when it comes to raises and treatment of employees, but I think this place fits the same category. Rarely complimented or appreciated, mostly criticized by tyrannical executive chef. Horrible work environment, very unhappy. My supervisor was wonderful but hands are tied. Pretty much has to sing the company's praises, smile and nod like a robot."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Bel Air, MD

"Wegmans is a great company for people getting a degree. They work with your schedule and offer a scholarship. However, it is not a great place for anybody looking for a more permanent position. The growth potential is limited and is biased. The systems in place do not make sense and the compensation is poor. Only stay here if you do not have a better option or if you do not have a degree."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Orchard Park, NY

"Great starter job especially for college students."

in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Most of Wegmans employees are part time but we get more than part time hours. My main problem is I was getting approximately 37 hours a week but they are now cutting hours some weeks and going back to your previous hours. I need a job where I can depend on a certain amout of hours but this is not happening at Wegmans right now unless I take on shifts as a cashier. Also the schedule. One day I work during the day they next day I work until 11 pm. I need more stability."

Cashier
in Ithaca, NY

"It's a solid first job, but I would really hope that you aren't hoping to climb a glorious career ladder from cashier to store manager; you'll snap doing one final price alteration for an irate customer before you make it there in good spirits. Their scholarship program is VERY generous, so take advantage of it if you work there enough before going to college. If you work about 10 hours a week starting in your junior year of high school you should be eligible for it."

Customer Service Representative
in Woodbridge, NJ

"Though this job helps me paying my bills, I am looking for a new career that is more satisfied."

Team Leader
in Northborough, MA

"Strong values, engenders trust and respect. Values people over anything else."