209 Walt Disney Company Reviews

Browse Walt Disney Company Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 126 Walt Disney Company Review Ratings)
Operations Lead
in Anaheim, CA

"I have worked for the Walt Disney Company for 4 years. Although it is simpler to move up in the Operations division, getting a role in a professional setting is based solely on who you know."

in Burbank, CA

"Disney has a great mentor ship program and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to grow their career. Everyone is willing to help you learn new skills."

Walt Disney Company (209)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is MTV Networks (50)
2.6 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Tait Towers (6)
in Burbank, CA

"A very toxic environment to work in. Zero managerial oversight."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Senior Information Security Architect
in Orlando, FL

"no opinions to list. That's all.."

Average Walt Disney Company Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Machine Shop Manager
in Orlando, FL

"Excellent great benefits and vacation time"

QA Engineer
in Burbank, CA

"I've worked with Disney for the past year in test automation using Eggplant functional. I have created multiple functional and regression gui test scripts for front end validation and integration between salesforce and .NET client applications. I have found multiple bugs in between the software development life cycle. The company followed a semi agile methodology"

in Orlando, FL

"Great people and nice working environment."

Cast Member
in Anaheim, CA

"I really enjoy working for this company! There's really no other place like Disneyland and the experiences it offers. The leadership teams in every tier have made themselves very approachable and easy to communicate with, which I believe is essential in the workplace. Overall, it's a fun environment with lovely people who enjoy their jobs, even when it gets difficult."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Anaheim, CA

"I've worked for Disney for over 10 years and it is has been a great learning experience. I have held multiple jobs in multiple lines of business, and have succeeded in every aspect. I am looking for something that can further advance my career."

in Winter Park, FL

"It's an okay companey to work for."

Android Developer
in Orlando, FL

"I worked in the FastPass department on the Android library for the park app as a contractor for a specific project. The compensation was excellent but there was a lot of bureaucracy related to the specific project I was working. It is hard to say if other teams and projects experience the same things."

in Burbank, CA

"Great company to work for. Been with for 12 years, just sorry that they moved our department to Florida. They have everything anyone could ever ask for in a Fortune 500 company."

Accounting Associate
in Orlando, FL

"I started my accounting career there, however, that is as far as most people get. Management is terrible in fairly evaluating employees for annual performance reviews. Most of them don't care about your career unless you're kissing a-- or making theirs look better. If you're not, then you are just another number to them and a cost to their bonus/budget. So you'll usually get an average rating of 3 (aka On Track). The corporate culture is terrible in Finance/Accounting, there is too much appearance and political BS you have to weave through just to get your job done and even if you outperform other co-workers, it doesn't matter unless you become some manager's or director's pet so they can promote you. Half of the promotions are handed down, because you're someone's friend/family member, favorite brainless pet, are perky, or you just talk too much nonsense and a manager believes it. The ones who work really hard are given a decent raise but typically wait years to see a promotion as opposed to those who just come in with some kind of leverage (unrelated to work performance or business ethics) and demand a promotion. Business Operations Department (Bus Ops) has a terrible culture of oppressing and intimidating the employees, especially hourly role workers, about not making a fuss, keeping unethical managerial methods silent, and not standing up or voicing concerns to higher levels of management. Revenue Operation managers are the same, and they have a terribly low morale among employees, some of it due to because of the same manager who is still there to this present day (2/25/15)."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Walt Disney Company Employee

"Worked at RadioDisney checking promotions and sponsorships, cutting airchecks and uploading promos."

Communications Associate
in Glendale, CA

"I learned so much during my time as a contractor at Disney. I wouldn't change anything. My team was fantastic and the company is great! The only reason why I left was because there was a hiring freeze during my time there. And once my contract finished, the hiring freeze prevented me from getting another position there."