197 Walt Disney Company Reviews

Browse Walt Disney Company Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Walt Disney Company give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Walt Disney Company employees are Senior Managers submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Assistant Managers with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 114 Walt Disney Company Review Ratings)
in Burbank, CA

"Great company to work for. Been with for 12 years, just sorry that they moved our department to Florida. They have everything anyone could ever ask for in a Fortune 500 company."

Accounting Associate
in Orlando, FL

"I started my accounting career there, however, that is as far as most people get. Management is terrible in fairly evaluating employees for annual performance reviews. Most of them don't care about your career unless you're kissing a-- or making theirs look better. If you're not, then you are just another number to them and a cost to their bonus/budget. So you'll usually get an average rating of 3 (aka On Track). The corporate culture is terrible in Finance/Accounting, there is too much appearance and political BS you have to weave through just to get your job done and even if you outperform other co-workers, it doesn't matter unless you become some manager's or director's pet so they can promote you. Half of the promotions are handed down, because you're someone's friend/family member, favorite brainless pet, are perky, or you just talk too much nonsense and a manager believes it. The ones who work really hard are given a decent raise but typically wait years to see a promotion as opposed to those who just come in with some kind of leverage (unrelated to work performance or business ethics) and demand a promotion. Business Operations Department (Bus Ops) has a terrible culture of oppressing and intimidating the employees, especially hourly role workers, about not making a fuss, keeping unethical managerial methods silent, and not standing up or voicing concerns to higher levels of management. Revenue Operation managers are the same, and they have a terribly low morale among employees, some of it due to because of the same manager who is still there to this present day (2/25/15)."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Walt Disney Company (197)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is MTV Networks (49)
2.6 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Tait Towers (6)
Walt Disney Company Employee

"Worked at RadioDisney checking promotions and sponsorships, cutting airchecks and uploading promos."

Communications Associate
in Glendale, CA

"I learned so much during my time as a contractor at Disney. I wouldn't change anything. My team was fantastic and the company is great! The only reason why I left was because there was a hiring freeze during my time there. And once my contract finished, the hiring freeze prevented me from getting another position there."

Average Walt Disney Company Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Lead Software Engineer
in Burbank, CA

"I've worked for the Walt Disney Company on a number of occasions. It has always been a good experience. They are embracing modern practices such as Agile, and as far as major corporations go, are good about investigating and adopting new, cutting edge technologies. I would work at Disney again."

Network Analyst
in Burbank, CA

"I enjoyed working at Disney for the most part. The compensation wasn't the best but the benefits were nice."

Senior Java Developer
in Florida City, FL

"I have worked with Disney since 2 years. It is very exciting and challenging. Have learnt many new things and different work ethics."

Senior Systems and Storage Engineer
in Orlando, FL

"I have been working with Disney from March 2014 and have been really happy working with excellent co-workers and good work culture."

in Anaheim, CA

"Horrible working conditions and even worse communication. Treated like a 2nd grader 24/7."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Lake Buena Vista, FL

"Large company with excellent salary and benefits. IT responsibilities scattered across business units leading to some fragmentation in approach. IT Executive management seems out of touch with business units when it comes to providing solutions. Executive management is also out of touch with individual contributors and their capabilities."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Orlando, FL

"Good company to work for."

Service Availability Analyst
in Orlando, FL

"The Service Availability Managers at DTOC are great, and the work is not difficult. However, there is almost zero room for growth, and the limit of 18 months for your contract guarantees little incentive for going above and beyond."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Walt Disney Company Employee

"The company pays very poor and treats their employees poorly. They provide bogus surveys where no matter what you say, they always come on top.The executives get bonuses for cutting overhead, this is accomplished by slashing employee salaries as much as 20% with an attitude of take it or leave it."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
New Technology Engineer
in Orlando, FL

"The new technology group is such a great place to work at, I've learned a lot and I'm so happy to work with them."

in Burbank, CA

"I worked for Disney Television Animation - DisneyToon Studios and Disney Technology Shared Services. This company has always had a good working environment and excellent benefits."