(based on 7 USAID Review Ratings)
"I worked with USAID as a contractor within a partnering organization as well as a direct employee as a development officer. So I have seen several sides of how the organization works. I enjoyed my work, but considering the locations from West Africa to Iraq to Afghanistan, I am glad to be out and back in civilized society. Probably most difficult aspects was the environments in which I was working. One can only take so much. However, I learned a lot and would do it again if needed."
Posted 5 years ago in Washington, DC
Analyst
in Washington, DC

"It's a great place to work, with a few caveats. First and foremost, it is government so expect bureaucracy and slow change. Second, there are many people considered "experts" that are experts of nothing, really. So be prepared for inflated egos and views of self worth. Otherwise, the people are awesome and into the mission. Great!"

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Finance Specialist
in Washington, DC

"USAID Checchi and Company Consulting is a global international organization working in law and legislation throughout the globe."

USAID Employee
in Washington, DC

"Worked for SRA for 7 years and will recommend the company to anyone who wants to work for them."

Development Manager

Average USAID Ratings in the Past 2 Years

2012 $2
Administrative Assistant
in Washington, DC

What do you like about working at USAID?

"I love knowing what I do helps people. I also love access to lectures on development and being in an international thinking culture."

"Be prepared for a lot of consistency - which can be great for some people. For my position, there is never really an end of a project, but they just keep starting over, so hard to see fruits of your labors."

What don't you like about working at USAID?

"I wish I had more room to be creative and not stifled. Whenever I make suggestions it feels like I am met with a lot of resistance and need for clearances, etc."

"Well, it is government so there are limitations to innovation. I also work on a small team, there are some aspects that create challenges. I would probably do more things together even as a small team to remind us of our purpose, to connect us with the work we are doing so we don't feel like just paper pushers."

Diversity Manager
Person You Work For 3.9 / 5 People You Work With 4.8 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Way You Work 4.1 / 5
Finance Manager

"Excellent"

What do you like about working at USAID?

"The AEAI President Mr Gopal is a Great Man and always very helpful with his or her Employee's and build there Education and give them chance to get promotion and show there talent and do very best for AEAI and We have a good country Director Mr Dave Davis he is also the best and very helpful with everyone and want to help them in each field of there Official and personal life"

"Management and All AEAI Offices is Good we have a good head office in Boston United States"