92 University of Wisconsin Reviews

Browse University of Wisconsin Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at University of Wisconsin give their company a 4.3 rating out of 5.0 - which is 10% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest University of Wisconsin employees are Research Assistants submitting an average rating of 4.5.

(based on 76 University of Wisconsin Review Ratings)
4.6
4.6
"I've been studying my PhD for 5 years in UW-Madison. Just can say, the best university in the World. My advisor is super nice and very helpful. The equipment that I have access to is awesome, strong computers, large library with access to journals, and very beautiful natural environment next to a lake, all make UW-Madison one of the best in the world. The optimization group in Wisconsin Institute for Discovery is a mix of experts from different areas of optimization."
Posted 6 years ago in Madison, WI
in Menomonie, WI

"Working for the University of Wisconsin-Stout was a highly rewarding experience. I enjoyed the freedom I was offered to bring my own research interests to campus, and to explore new opportunities. Having the ability to be paid for my research added to the enjoyment."

Research Assistant
in Madison, WI

"I have worked as an intern for UBTech Robotics in Shenzhen, China in 2019. This is a very interesting company and colleagues are easy to get along with. This company is a very large size in the field of robotics in China, and it also has branch in the US."

University of Wisconsin (92)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is Kean University (12)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Vatterott College (8)
Financial Aid Advisor
in Milwaukee, WI

"I worked at the UWM Financial Aid office while completing my Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering. It was what you would expect out of a student position, with comparable hours, wages, and responsibilities."

in Menomonie, WI

"UW-Stout is no longer the strong technical university it once was. Faculty are now just international researchers like any other D1 research university and lack all common sense from their lack of industry experience."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Average University of Wisconsin Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Student Manager
in Eau Claire, WI

"Through my internship at Berry Global, the summer of 2019, I appreciated the workmanship and community throughout the environment. With high standards over many of their facilities throughout the world, I enjoyed my time within the company."

in La Crosse, WI

"I have worked with the university for about four years, it has a beautiful campus, good work life balance, and great place to work for young families."

Research Assistant
in Madison, WI

"Great university in a nice city. Lots of interesting research in the ECE department."

in Madison, WI

"I have worked for the University of Wisconsin - Madison for a year. I enjoy the flexibility of my job and ability to answer challenging questions."

Peer Mentor
in Madison, WI

"Flexible timing and great mentoring"

Maths Tutor
in Oshkosh, WI

"I worked for University of Wisconsin Oshkosh from 2016-2019 while i was a student there. As a student, one of the challenges with employment is the balance between work an school; however, this was a non-issue at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. UWO allows students to schedule their own work hours based around their classes. The work environment is friendly and inclusive. My supervisor was really understanding and helpful with all of the problems a student employee might encounter -- work related and school related. As a student tutor, my hours per week fluctuated greatly as I would gain new clients, clients canceling, exam weeks, etc... The compensation also isn't the best. Compared to private tutors, the pay is very minimal."

in Madison, WI

"I was a grad student at UW-Madison from 2013-2018. I was able to do amazing cutting-edge research in my lab, and enjoyed the wild science discussions with my co-workers."

Engineer Design Consultant
in Platteville, WI

"I graduated from UW Platteville May 2019, but I have been able to work as a design consultant with the board of regents and promote the innovation design at science conventions."

in Milwaukee, WI

"I worked from November 2017 to May 2019."

MBA Student
in Madison, WI

"Great school, reasonable tuition, and good reputation"

Desktop Technician
in Milwaukee, WI

"I worked for Letter and Science IT, at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee as a Desktop technician from November 2017 to May 2019. I learned a lot on the job. It was my first experience in American work culture. I was appreciated for my hard work and was moved up to Level 2 Technician and then promoted to MAC Technician from the Windows side. My supervisors were really helpful and taught me a lot, not just professionally but also personally."