(based on 45 Stanford University Review Ratings)
"I worked for a research group in the department of Aeronautics and Astronautics at Stanford University for one year during my graduate studies there. It was an incredible learning experience, and the skills and knowledge acquired will serve me for the rest of my career. It is an excellent complement to graduate coursework."
Posted 6 years ago in Stanford, CA
Research Accountant
in Stanford, CA

"I think it's highly rewarding and motivating to be a part of the research that truly changes the world. The benefits at Stanford are very generous and I appreciate the people that I work with. Everyone is very professional, extremely smart, and humble."

in Stanford, CA

"Great work palce, perfect infralstructure."

Stanford University (59)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is Kean University (12)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Vatterott College (8)
Clinical Research Associate
in Stanford, CA

"Good team to work with. I appreciate all the opportunity to work with the clinical team and regulatory team in streamlining the clinical development."

in Palo Alto, CA

"Stanford University is a great place to work."

Average Stanford University Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Palo Alto, CA

"I've been working in StartX since September 2014 and the position has been very satisfying. My coworkers are very supportive and I have met founders from other startups who are very encouraging with my desire to move forward in my engineering career."

in Stanford, CA

"Stanford overall is a good employer, but is known to underpay its administrative and support staff. They get away with it because of their name. With an administrative role you will probably need two incomes, or roommates, and you may have a very long commute because the salary does not afford a place near campus. What department you work in will also highly affect your experience. As it is often said, people don't quit their jobs, they quit their bosses. Stanford is huge, and departments and experiences vary."

Post Doctoral Researcher
in Stanford, CA

"I am actually post-doc. It very much depends on PIs. I really dont recommend to start it if you have any doubt about PI. It is very competitive and you only work to satisfy PIs needs. After all, hard work and little salary, you may still end up in industry. If you have good experience with group and PI within a year, keep going. If not, leave. On the other hand, stanford does not provide much benefits for postdocs. No retirement, no life insurance. Health insurance is the best one."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Research Associate
in Palo Alto, CA

"It's the world of academics, what can you expect The salaries are ridiculously low, the work-environment is substandard, the relationship with your co-workers is competitive rather than collaborative. Of course, you have complete freedom and control about what you do, which is a big plus. It is very hard to advance and in my situation I think I am a bit too technical for the academic world. Academics don't like things they don't understand, it doesn't matter if it's good."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Graduate Research Assistant

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Palo Alto, CA

"it's a good place to work and there are a lot of benefits."

in Palo Alto, CA

"Technical team was great but the managerial leadership sucks - micromanagers."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Research Assistant
in Stanford, CA

"Since I became a Stanford graduate student, I have joined the GPS Lab and all my tuition and stipend were funded by the FAA. Stanford GPS lab has skillful and outstanding researchers, so that I could learned and practiced valuable research and implementation capability. Now it is the time to graduate and leave this lab, and I feel like I am well prepared to adapt fast and well any kinds of situation and environment."

Systems Administrator
in Stanford, CA

"I worked for Stanford University for a period of 2 years. The University as a whole offers an excellent benefits package including free transit passes for local public transportation agencies (Calttrain, SamTrans, VTA, etc.) The campus is gorgeous and there are a lot of good facilities for food and such. Work environment can vary depending on what department you are with, so, as always, do your homework and make sure you understand the position you are applying for."

Research Assistant
in Stanford, CA

"I have worked Prof. James Harris's group for more than I year, I have very good research experience in this group. Prof. James Harris is so nice to guide us about the projects, and my coworkers also helped me a lot, and gave me good advice about research, I really appreciate them. The result is that I will publish one good first author paper soon with the help from all the people in my group."

in Palo Alto, CA

"I have not worked here long enough but the experience has been very pleasant so far."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5