(based on 28 Saint-Gobain Review Ratings)
in Stephenville, TX

"Good company to work for. Needs more opportunity to move up in the company."

Technical Services Manager
in Trumbauersville, PA

"Industry leader via innovation and technology"

in Merrimack, NH

"An industry leader with a great history, supervisors are very supportive and encouraging. Fair compensation with a healthy work-life balance."

in Travelers Rest, SC

"no thanks not interested in providing any information"

Average Saint-Gobain Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $2
in Stephenville, TX

"The company has fair policies and offers excellent benefits compared to other businesses in the area. However, like any major corporation it depends on how well you get along with your supervisor."

in Hoosick Falls, NY

"I have worked for Saint-Gobain for 7.5 years. The company preaches one philosophy from the top but that philosophy is not embraced at the site. Sites are far removed from the Paris management team and typically get stuck with incompetent plant managers that remain with the company for less than two years. Due to the high rate of employee turnover in management, there is no consistency in operation. QC / QA suffers greatly due to lack of consistent, repeatable operations. Machines are cobbed together with rubber bands (no joke!). Work environment is very difficult for women who are treated as second class by plant management. This behavior is permitted and encouraged. Women need not apply."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Mechanical Designer
in Worcester, MA

"10 years with Saint-Gobain, which is an excellent company to work for. It's the people you work with that make your job enjoyable, and I must say I have been lucky thus far. I report to supportive management and have the best reporting engineering team!"

Production Supervisor
in Puyallup, WA

"I worked with Saint Gobain Performing Plastics almost two years, then I was laid off. The company has public stocks and have strong capital for research and development. Due to having financial supports they invested a lot in their research and development. Some of their research development produced some of the best state of the art technologies for their customers."

Extrusion Operator
in Akron, OH

"I have worked for Saint-Gobain since 2010 in an extruder operator position. The company values safety above all and has a strong sense of commitment when it comes to protecting the environment. I am in just one sector of a very large global corporation spanning multiple interests such as plastics, crystals and home construction to name just a few."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Taunton, MA

"The company is supposed to care about employees safety but one employee sat for hours waiting for medical attention(that he/she really needed) because they wanted a drug test first-WHO DOES THIS!! It is illegal and reprehensible. You get yelled at so bad for making a mistake that it easily falls into workplace bullying.You are rushed beyond belief-they want more and more and this is why employees get hurt-RUSHING!!!They have stupid things(inspections,BBS)that you have to do-the problems never get corrected(empty spill kits). The stress level on a scale of 1-10 is a 10. You get spoken to like you are dirt on the floor.If you cut your finger(needing just a band aid) ,you have to report it-if you don't,your fired. Then you hear about it so much that it is turned into a Front Line documentary. This is the worst place I have ever worked."

in Granville, NY

"I've worked with Saint Gobain for several years now, and have found that they don't practice what they preach. They don't reward employee engagement, and from the looks of it, are trying to phase out the facility I work in without letting the workers know."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Northborough, MA

"Great place to work at. But interns do not have a good chance of full time conversion."

in Northborough, MA

"Worked briefly with Saint-Gobain in Northborough R&D center. Upper management tended to treat employees disrespectfully on average. The emphasis on high-quality research & development was frequently overshadowed by narrow process focus on routine way of doing things at the expense of achieving innovative outstanding results. Immature approach to culture diversity. Fear-based culture. Thrown under the bus frequently by management."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Saint-Gobain Employee

"I've worked at Saint Gobain for 7 years. It was a very interesting experience. Although I was released from them as of September 2013."

Person You Work For 2.3 / 5 People You Work With 2.3 / 5 Work Setting 2.3 / 5
Support You Get 2.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.3 / 5
Senior Auditor
in Northborough, MA

"I worked with good Managers who allowed me to develop to my full potential"

What do you like about working at Saint-Gobain?

"global presence and diversity of the businesses allows for synergies and networking."

"Go to a french university and have a 5 year plan defined"

What don't you like about working at Saint-Gobain?

"The French Management style and the dysfunctional Human Resources department"

"Invest in quality people and operate in more attractive locations."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5