19 PETCO Anonymous Employee Reviews

Browse PETCO Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 17 Anonymous Employee Review Ratings)
PETCO Anonymous Employee

"I have worked for Petco for nearly three years and must say that this Company is on the move! Open culture of growth, respect and the love of pets offers a unique environment to thrive. Overall, if you are looking to join a Company that doesn't settle for the here and now and believes in greatness, this is the place for you."

PETCO Anonymous Employee

"Company is going through internal changes."

Average Anonymous Employee Ratings in the Past 9 Years

2013 $1
2014 $2
2015 $3
2017 $4
2019 $3
2020 $4
PETCO Anonymous Employee

"Fun Team to work for and love bringing my dog to work"

PETCO Anonymous Employee

"I've worked at Petco headquarters for 2.5 years and in that time have seen tremendous growth!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Average PETCO Attributes by Anonymous Employee

2.7
PETCO Anonymous Employee

"strong direction with new leadership"

in Chula Vista, CA

"During grooming academy, the academy teacher harassed me about an employee I used to work with (one she had trained) and got upset when I told her that her trainee ended up hitting a dog and never got fired only got transferred to another petco. (Which btw that groomer is still grooming with Petco so beware which salon you bring your fur babies to!) Grooming academy instructor then targeted me because she was unhappy with me, some of the girls in academy assisted in providing her and the corporation with false allegations about me and my work. Since corporate could find no concrete evidence that the allegations were true, (obviously because they were false and constructed by jealous, dishonest women) I was removed from the salon but offered a position back out on the sales floor as a cashier (GES). Their grooming academy instructor is the only one within San Diego county and since there was no room for advancement in my career anymore at that company I respectfully declined their offer to be a GES and went on my way. I am trying to make aware this situation because I was unfortunately unable to progress my career on the false word of a women who is very knowledgeable in the area and expertise of grooming but because of that, was designated a higher amount of respect and protection from the employees above in corporate because she is undoubtedly harder to replace than me. This academy instructor is a mother and a hard worker, I have respect for her talents and skill set, however for her to hold the capability to ruin another women's career and future plans with an entire corporation backing her (with no concrete evidence), is that really what the Petco Corporation is about? I've met the CEO back when I was working in Ob and he didn't portray himself as such, but if this is the kind of retaliation and harassment he supports, then I truly want no part of it and Petco."

PETCO Anonymous Employee

"I've worked for Petco as an intern for a year now, and I must say that the campus, coworkers, perks, and overall work lifestyle have been amazing. Although there could be more direction for tasks at times, I am proud of my accomplishments in the IT department at Petco."

in Cranbury, NJ

"I started at Petco as a temp and now work as full time. Job is demanding but general director and team do a good job keeping us informed and we trust him. He remains fair to everyone and we have seen a lot of progress since the last one, I am told by the older workers. Holidays are bad, but management is here with us so it's bad for everyone with no time off like normal company. Only 3 holidays off. Seeing good job progression and better employees being hired. Please don't let our boss go away. He is good for the DC and people."

in Cranbury, NJ

"I have worked for the company for 3 years and a big improvement came with our new General Manager in Cranbury. He knows the operation, he understands people and he is always on the floor making time for issues and talks to all of us. Great to see him here. The company is heading in the right direction and I look ahead for more positions for advance."

PETCO Anonymous Employee

"Worked for Petco since 2003, starting as freight crew and working my way up."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5