(based on 64 PETCO Review Ratings)
"Hard, fast-paced work. Always changing, but I enjoyed it."
Posted 8 years ago in Idaho Falls, ID
PETCO Employee

"I have worked for Petco for nearly three years and must say that this Company is on the move! Open culture of growth, respect and the love of pets offers a unique environment to thrive. Overall, if you are looking to join a Company that doesn't settle for the here and now and believes in greatness, this is the place for you."

PETCO Employee

"Company is going through internal changes."

PETCO (102)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is AutoAlert (11)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (16)
PETCO Employee

"Fun Team to work for and love bringing my dog to work"

PETCO Employee

"I've worked at Petco headquarters for 2.5 years and in that time have seen tremendous growth!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Average PETCO Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2013 $2
PETCO Employee

"strong direction with new leadership"

in Chula Vista, CA

"During grooming academy, the academy teacher harassed me about an employee I used to work with (one she had trained) and got upset when I told her that her trainee ended up hitting a dog and never got fired only got transferred to another petco. (Which btw that groomer is still grooming with Petco so beware which salon you bring your fur babies to!) Grooming academy instructor then targeted me because she was unhappy with me, some of the girls in academy assisted in providing her and the corporation with false allegations about me and my work. Since corporate could find no concrete evidence that the allegations were true, (obviously because they were false and constructed by jealous, dishonest women) I was removed from the salon but offered a position back out on the sales floor as a cashier (GES). Their grooming academy instructor is the only one within San Diego county and since there was no room for advancement in my career anymore at that company I respectfully declined their offer to be a GES and went on my way. I am trying to make aware this situation because I was unfortunately unable to progress my career on the false word of a women who is very knowledgeable in the area and expertise of grooming but because of that, was designated a higher amount of respect and protection from the employees above in corporate because she is undoubtedly harder to replace than me. This academy instructor is a mother and a hard worker, I have respect for her talents and skill set, however for her to hold the capability to ruin another women's career and future plans with an entire corporation backing her (with no concrete evidence), is that really what the Petco Corporation is about? I've met the CEO back when I was working in Ob and he didn't portray himself as such, but if this is the kind of retaliation and harassment he supports, then I truly want no part of it and Petco."

Marketing Coordinator

"Petco is a great company to work for because it puts the needs of pets first and treats pets like family."

Inventory Manager
in Needham, MA

"I've been working for Petco about 7 years, 2 years as a Manager. I got along with my Customers and my Employees. A very great working environment."

in Cranbury, NJ

"I started at Petco as a temp and now work as full time. Job is demanding but general director and team do a good job keeping us informed and we trust him. He remains fair to everyone and we have seen a lot of progress since the last one, I am told by the older workers. Holidays are bad, but management is here with us so it's bad for everyone with no time off like normal company. Only 3 holidays off. Seeing good job progression and better employees being hired. Please don't let our boss go away. He is good for the DC and people."

in Cranbury, NJ

"I have worked for the company for 3 years and a big improvement came with our new General Manager in Cranbury. He knows the operation, he understands people and he is always on the floor making time for issues and talks to all of us. Great to see him here. The company is heading in the right direction and I look ahead for more positions for advance."

PETCO Employee

"Worked for Petco since 2003, starting as freight crew and working my way up."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Philadelphia, PA

"The company is an ok place to work, but management doesn't really do well with their employees and sending employees on a lunch break, either too early or too late during their shift. They need to better the management and get people that actually care and work with their employees."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Asheville, NC

"I started working for Petco on August 31, 2014. My first pay day was supposed to have been Sept 19. But that never happened. It has been 3 weeks since, and I am still struggling to get my pay. After I have talked to several managers. I was also told that 9.45/hr was the maxed out amount that I could start at. So I don't know where these large figures of 58 thousand come from, but I really feel shorted now. Also, I haven't worked in 3 weeks b/c I was never given an employee ID number to properly clock in and out, and also b/c I have yet to receive my pay. So I have been yanked around for a month, supposedly I have a job, and supposedly I should be paid. Supposedly I exist. What a MESS! I call and I am told, someone will call me back, but that doesn't happen, I am told all kinds of things. This place may be "Where the Pets Go" but for the most part, the animals have been treated much better than I. But since I am human, I can't claim animal cruelty on my behalf."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
PETCO Employee

"If you do not have a lot of opportunities open to you in related disciplines, and somehow you care if you can bring your dog to work, then PETCO is your company. For everyone else, I'd look somewhere else."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Sourcing Specialist

"I've worked in Petco from 2012 Apr. to 2013 Dec. until I moved to USA. I worked in their Shanghai branch so I cannot speak for the whole company. I love Petco because everyone there loves pets, they spend their passion to make the pets live happier, so the people are happier."