OptumHealth Employee Reviews for Anonymous Employee

Browse OptumHealth Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 24 Anonymous Employee Review Ratings)
in Downey, CA

"Unethical and hostile work environment. Think "Mean Girls" in North Korea. Patient care never makes it onto their agenda. Aggressive micromanagement is mismanagement. Physicians not only have HIPPA to uphold but their reputations at well. Why question their integrity above all others? It makes little business sense and drives away remarkable physicians."

in Eden Prairie, MN

"I have worked for Optum for around 18 months. The pay and benefits are excellent. They are also very flexible about time off and work/life balance."

in Las Vegas, NV

"I have worked at Optum for 2 years. Overall it’s a decent company. Your day will always start off stressful because you will be on hold with IT for at least an hour. The computer systems and applications are always going down and computer screens and laptops constantly malfunction. The workplace environment is toxic and micromanaged. Although you are approved to work from home, some directors will make their own rules and tell you to come in just to micromanage you. You will never get a raise higher than 8 cents every year or other year. Some directors are allowed to get away with unethical behavior because HR won’t do anything about it."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Basking Ridge, NJ

"Just another company - has it's pros and cons."

Average OptumHealth Attributes by Anonymous Employee

in Eden Prairie, MN

"I worked for Optum for over two years. They have an amazing culture and really take care of their employees. At the same time, they take pride in the quality and accuracy of their products."

in Santa Ana, CA

"I've worked for Optum for 3 years. Optum has a strong culture in developing internal talents as well as ample opportunities within the company itself. The overall culture is more traditional, which may be a detractor for some considering Optum being a leading technology company."

in Boston, MA

"they don't give effective training and do not provide clear job descriptions."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Boston, MA

"Great cooperation culture and great company atmosphere."

OptumHealth Anonymous Employee

"Working for OptumCare for over a year as part of the HRIS/Finance/Payroll Division. Love what they strive for, however, the environment is somewhat akin to Office Space within my own department. A lot of work with little substantial reward (no bonus/raises/promotions or discussion of such in reviews), lack of appropriate recognition, lack of significant follow thru for repeated staff concerns, and no clear upward trajectory interior to the department. General feeling; be seen but not heard when it comes to 'inclusion' and efforts rarely amount to something substantially significant."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Tampa, FL

"I have worked for Optum for a little over 9 months since my move to Tampa, Florida. I really have enjoyed my tenure working at a call center and interacting with customers and resolving their needs within the healthcare field. I find a great deal of satisfaction supporting a project for the VA and particularly to support our US Veterans."