OptumHealth Employee Job Reviews in the United States

Browse OptumHealth Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 42 OptumHealth Review Ratings)

"I love working here. There is an excellent work-life balance. Salaries are above average. My manager is understanding and caring. Flexible work schedule and business casual environment in the office. Tons of fringe benefits. The online training catalog is extensive and comprehensive. Many employees have been here for decades, which speak volumes about the culture. Less stress than other similar positions. Tons of opportunity for growth within the organization. Positive organizational culture and collaborative team environment."
Posted 7 years ago in Hartford, CT
OptumHealth Employee

"Unethical and hostile work environment. Think "Mean Girls" in North Korea. Patient care never makes it onto their agenda. Aggressive micromanagement is mismanagement. Physicians not only have HIPPA to uphold but their reputations at well. Why question their integrity above all others? It makes little business sense and drives away remarkable physicians."

OptumHealth Employee

"I have worked for Optum for around 18 months. The pay and benefits are excellent. They are also very flexible about time off and work/life balance."

OptumHealth (51)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Milliman (9)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (7)
OptumHealth Employee

"I have worked at Optum for 2 years. Overall it’s a decent company. Your day will always start off stressful because you will be on hold with IT for at least an hour. The computer systems and applications are always going down and computer screens and laptops constantly malfunction. The workplace environment is toxic and micromanaged. Although you are approved to work from home, some directors will make their own rules and tell you to come in just to micromanage you. You will never get a raise higher than 8 cents every year or other year. Some directors are allowed to get away with unethical behavior because HR won’t do anything about it."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
OptumHealth Employee

"Just another company - has it's pros and cons."

Assistant Manager

"Great company to work with"

Senior Developer

"Great company with great benefits but they are a big company and move slowly. I enjoy everything about the job and my co-workers, but I still love the pace and excitement of startups."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
IT Program Manager

"Great company to work for. Very nice people. Get to work on different technologies and different project methodologies like Water Fall/Agile/Infrastructure as well as Vendor management"

Business Process Analyst

"• Thoroughly review, analyze and research complex health care claims to identify discrepancies, verify pricing, confirm prior authorizations to process them for payment • Generate cost-benefit analysis (CBA) documents to measure the financial benefits and metrics for revenue earned and costs saved for End User Tool (EUT) projects • Implemented an UI Path Task Mining data gathering tool for Provider/Member Validation and Prior Authorization Check to identify issues, defects, and trends"

UI Developer

"I have been working for Optum since 18 months. I am very much comfortable working here.Its a big team i am working with and we have a good communication and a very good relation."

OptumHealth Employee

"I worked for Optum for over two years. They have an amazing culture and really take care of their employees. At the same time, they take pride in the quality and accuracy of their products."

OptumHealth Employee

"I've worked for Optum for 3 years. Optum has a strong culture in developing internal talents as well as ample opportunities within the company itself. The overall culture is more traditional, which may be a detractor for some considering Optum being a leading technology company."

OptumHealth Employee

"they don't give effective training and do not provide clear job descriptions."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
OptumHealth Employee

"Great cooperation culture and great company atmosphere."

OptumHealth Employee

"Working for OptumCare for over a year as part of the HRIS/Finance/Payroll Division. Love what they strive for, however, the environment is somewhat akin to Office Space within my own department. A lot of work with little substantial reward (no bonus/raises/promotions or discussion of such in reviews), lack of appropriate recognition, lack of significant follow thru for repeated staff concerns, and no clear upward trajectory interior to the department. General feeling; be seen but not heard when it comes to 'inclusion' and efforts rarely amount to something substantially significant."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
OptumHealth Employee

"I have worked for Optum for a little over 9 months since my move to Tampa, Florida. I really have enjoyed my tenure working at a call center and interacting with customers and resolving their needs within the healthcare field. I find a great deal of satisfaction supporting a project for the VA and particularly to support our US Veterans."

OptumHealth Reviews FAQs

Is OptumHealth a good company to work for?

OptumHealth has an overall rating of 3.9 Average Rating out of 5, based on over 42 OptumHealth Review Ratings left anonymously by OptumHealth employees, which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. 90% of employees would recommend working at OptumHealth.

Does OptumHealth pay their employees well?

OptumHealth employees earn $68,500 annually on average, or $33 per hour, which is 4% higher than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. 39 OptumHealth employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Find OptumHealth Salaries by Job Title.

How satisfied are employees working at OptumHealth?

90% of employees would recommend working at OptumHealth with the overall rating of 3.9 out of 5. Employees also rated OptumHealth 3.9 out of 5 for Company Culture, 3.9 for Rewards You Receive, 3.4 for Growth Opportunities and 4.0 for support you get.

What is the highest paying job at OptumHealth?

According to our data, the highest paying job at OptumHealth is a Physician at $250,000 annually. Browse OptumHealth Salaries by Job Profile.

What is the lowest paying job at OptumHealth?

According to our data, the lowest paying job at OptumHealth is a IT Program Manager at $10,000 annually. Browse OptumHealth Salaries by Job Profile.

What are the pros and cons of working at OptumHealth?

According to reviews on CareerBliss, employees commonly rated the pros of working at OptumHealth to be Company Culture, Growth Opportunities, People You Work With and Person You Work For, and no cons.