(based on 38 OptumHealth Review Ratings)

"I love working here. There is an excellent work-life balance. Salaries are above average. My manager is understanding and caring. Flexible work schedule and business casual environment in the office. Tons of fringe benefits. The online training catalog is extensive and comprehensive. Many employees have been here for decades, which speak volumes about the culture. Less stress than other similar positions. Tons of opportunity for growth within the organization. Positive organizational culture and collaborative team environment."
Posted 6 years ago in Hartford, CT
Assistant Manager
in Nevada, OH

"Great company to work with"

Senior Developer
in Las Vegas, NV

"Great company with great benefits but they are a big company and move slowly. I enjoy everything about the job and my co-workers, but I still love the pace and excitement of startups."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

OptumHealth (47)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Milliman (9)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (7)
IT Program Manager
in Champlin, MN

"Great company to work for. Very nice people. Get to work on different technologies and different project methodologies like Water Fall/Agile/Infrastructure as well as Vendor management"

Business Process Analyst
in Huntington Beach, CA

"• Thoroughly review, analyze and research complex health care claims to identify discrepancies, verify pricing, confirm prior authorizations to process them for payment • Generate cost-benefit analysis (CBA) documents to measure the financial benefits and metrics for revenue earned and costs saved for End User Tool (EUT) projects • Implemented an UI Path Task Mining data gathering tool for Provider/Member Validation and Prior Authorization Check to identify issues, defects, and trends"

UI Developer
in Minneapolis, MN

"I have been working for Optum since 18 months. I am very much comfortable working here.Its a big team i am working with and we have a good communication and a very good relation."

in Eden Prairie, MN

"I worked for Optum for over two years. They have an amazing culture and really take care of their employees. At the same time, they take pride in the quality and accuracy of their products."

in Santa Ana, CA

"I've worked for Optum for 3 years. Optum has a strong culture in developing internal talents as well as ample opportunities within the company itself. The overall culture is more traditional, which may be a detractor for some considering Optum being a leading technology company."

in Boston, MA

"they don't give effective training and do not provide clear job descriptions."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Boston, MA

"Great cooperation culture and great company atmosphere."

OptumHealth Employee

"Working for OptumCare for over a year as part of the HRIS/Finance/Payroll Division. Love what they strive for, however, the environment is somewhat akin to Office Space within my own department. A lot of work with little substantial reward (no bonus/raises/promotions or discussion of such in reviews), lack of appropriate recognition, lack of significant follow thru for repeated staff concerns, and no clear upward trajectory interior to the department. General feeling; be seen but not heard when it comes to 'inclusion' and efforts rarely amount to something substantially significant."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Tampa, FL

"I have worked for Optum for a little over 9 months since my move to Tampa, Florida. I really have enjoyed my tenure working at a call center and interacting with customers and resolving their needs within the healthcare field. I find a great deal of satisfaction supporting a project for the VA and particularly to support our US Veterans."

Program Manager
in Eden Prairie, MN

"I worked for Optum for nearly 10 years and have left and come back to the team I was in previously. They are a strong company that believe in relationships, innovation, performance, quality, and the leadership equally. There are a lot of opportunities for training and taking on new challenges. I have met a lot of good people working at Optum and formed life-long relationships. Their weak points are having people take on too much work and lay-offs just before holidays/bonuses so do keep that in mind. If you are young and have a lot of energy and time you will be a great fit!"

in Remote, OR

"United Health Care is a solid company with proven experience in the health care industry. They have provided a stable work environment and provided excellent pay and benefits."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Columbia, MD

"My compensation here has been acceptable, but I've found the work mind numbing and repetitive. Also, the whole UHG/Optum business entity has grown beyond its ability to be managed and needs to be broken up for anti-trust issues."

in Minneapolis, MN

"This is a good company with people having great values."