144 Nationwide Insurance Reviews

Browse Nationwide Insurance Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Nationwide Insurance give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Nationwide Insurance employees are Customer Service Representatives submitting an average rating of 4.5 and Interns also with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 98 Nationwide Insurance Review Ratings)
"Nationwide is a great place to work. Nationwide has a set of values that they really do a good job of incorporating into the day to day life of all of their associates. Since Nationwide is a large company, there are plenty of opportunities to get promoted. Nationwide has a great internal learning and development group that allows associates to grow in their knowledge of the business."
Posted 9 months ago in Scottsdale, AZ
Senior Analyst
in Scottsdale, AZ

in San Antonio, TX

"They are always hiring because of high turnover rate."

Nationwide Insurance (144)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Medical Care (110)
2.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (6)
Senior Recruiter
in Columbus, OH

"The company does seem to be taking a few steps back in time and does not seem to have the innovative energy it once did. Growth is strictly through acquisitions rather then organic development. This company is a great place to begin your career but salary and advancement opportunities are limited. I recommend spending a few years to get the necessary experience and then moving to another company for better compensation and development opportunities."

in Dublin, OH

"Nationwide Financial has many wonderful employees that are fun to work with, and as a software developer they give you all the tools and software to get the job done as you need. And they have a pension! Compensation is about average or just a little below for the Columbus area in software development as well. But promotions are primarily a "who you know" type of deal, so there are A LOT of people in lower management positions that are not qualified or very good at what they do. My manager is also so focused on getting a promotion of his own that he doesn't know what is going on with his own team. So basically if you get lucky with your manager, it can be a good place to work."

Average Nationwide Insurance Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Raleigh, NC

"Worked at Nationwide Insurance for close to a year as a Claims Specialist. This position was extremely overwhelming from the sheer amount of claims that you would encounter daily. It didn't help that you would have to sometimes work during national holidays and even weekends."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Dublin, OH

"Wonderful company to work with."

in Brea, CA

"This is one of the nation's largest insurance companies. It's difficult to say if this is the right company for you or not, as every person's situation is unique. Company-wide, this is a very strong, stable company that even in times of recessions, still manages to stay fiscally strong."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Columbus, OH

"I've learn a lot from Nationwide, They hired me as manual tester but trained me for automation, which I really enjoyed!"

in Columbus, OH

"Great company with great company culture."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Programmer Analyst
in Columbus, OH

"The company was wonderful to work for and quite flexible."

Java Developer
in Dublin, OH

"Very good profile everywhere and kudos from managers and team lead and co workers."

in Columbus, OH

"I have worked with Nationwide for 10 years. I have held 3 different roles in that time."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Systems Analyst
in Columbus, OH

"Good benefits, positive culture, contributes to community; as a mutual company, not driven by short-term shareholder profits. Leadership has integrity. I worked in IT and found that part of the organization to be well run. Office spaces are pleasant."

Senior QA Analyst
in Columbus, OH

"I have worked in Nationwide Insurance for 4 years. The company has been very accommodating of my ambitions in my career. They have always given me the choice of what I want to do and how I want to grow from a career perspective. I feel my thoughts and suggestions have been heard and honored. My relationship with my co workers have been great. I get all the help I need in order to get my job effectively with quality. The work ethic in Nationwide is amazing. It is another home."