On average, employees at NASA give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 8% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest NASA employees are Equipment Services Project Managers submitting an average rating of 4.9 and Senior Research Associates with a rating of 4.7.

(based on 188 NASA Review Ratings)
"NASA is a great company to work for; where else can you put people in space as part of your job?"
Posted 4 years ago in Houston, TX
in Cape Canaveral, FL

"Interned at KSC for the majority of 2014 in a facility maintenance branch. The place can be as interesting or boring as you make it to be. There was a lot going on during my time here, with the hand-off of various facilities to companies and modifications to other facilities for the upcoming SLS program. The work environment is very good, people, both NASA employees and the contractors are friendly and willing to help."

in Pasadena, CA

"Great place to work from my experience."

NASA (286)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is U.S. Embassy (10)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is City of Atlanta (19)
in Mountain View, CA

"Very smart, nice, and bright people to work with. Low-stress environment. Interesting project."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Mountain View, CA

"Ames is a wonderful place to work, with an incredible range of projects to work on - from biomedical research to micro-satellites, to aeronautics and flight research. It is a government facility, and there is good news and bad news about that. The bad news is that the work is somewhat cyclical, and depends on the whims of congress."

Average NASA Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Systems Engineer
in Hampton, VA

"I've worked for NASA Langley for 30 years, and find it to truly be one of the best work experiences/environment possible."

Senior Systems Security Analyst
in Pasadena, CA

"I've been working at NASA's management office located at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in California for almost 4 years as a government contractor. The project I'm working on is roughly finished which consisted of re-routing the NASA management office network from JPL's internal network directly to NASA HQ in Washington D.C. We accomplished the bulk of by creating a VPN link between HQ and NMO via an IPSEC tunnel from the JPL NMO firewall to the HQ firewall. There still remains some loose ends before the project is completed, which is expected to be in a few months. The idea of the venture is to allow the NMO to operate independently from JPL's network and enjoy corporate benefits as does HQ being that the NMO is a remote facility. In addition to that my other responsibilities included being responsible for the Information Security operations and IT Risk Management programs to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of NASA enterprise information. I did this in part by managing security incidents to protect corporate assets including intellectual property by reporting a framework to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the information security program."

in Cleveland, OH

"I worked for Recom for nearly 4 years, and I loved the flexibility it had, and deadlines were not tight, it is an amazing environment to work in!"

in Washington, DC

"It is fun to create future technologies. Many other companies don't even have a clue we are this advanced. :)"

Aerospace Engineering Intern
in Hampton, VA

"Provided a low pressure work environment where team work is a major virtue and everyone is working toward the same goal. Plenty of support at all levels to help you succeed. Everyone was very prideful of your research and where they worked."

in Mountain View, CA

"I greatly enjoyed my time at NASA and still today think back to that experience, which really shaped my career now. In fact, I wish I had stayed in better touch with my supervisors and having completed this survey shall so make such attempts."

in Merritt Island, FL

"I've worked for NASA for 10 years."

in Mountain View, CA

"I worked for NASA Ames Research Center for two summer internships and found it to be a pleasant environment to work. Friendly co-workers they helped and provided support to interns and full time employees. Acquired a new level of respect for the work of researchers but realized my desire to work in industry."

in Hampton, VA

"This is an excellent company to work for."

in Buckhannon, WV

"Great experience for undergrads."

in Hampton, VA

"Great opportunity, had several contracts over a few years. Loved it!"