(based on 28 KB Home Review Ratings)
in Roseville, CA

"I worked at KB Home from 2018 to 2020. Overall the people were great to work with in the office. Everyone was friendly and cordial. There were times where it felt like corporate office was holding us back from achieving our business plan, but it was a good place to work."

in Fresno, CA

"I worked with KB Home from for roughly 2.5 years. During my time with KB Home I learned that the company supports it’s workers in terms of becoming successful and growing in your career. I’ve seen tremendous managers and great teamwork and have learned that working hard takes you a long ways ahead."

KB Home (58)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Standard Pacific Homes (21)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is RG Steel (5)
in Tucson, AZ

"More paperwork than needed for building a house"

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Davenport, FL

"I have worked at kb home for over a year now. I work in the Orlando division. Every sales counselor is expected to work every single weekend, and we have three holidays a year. You usually get two weekdays off, sometimes clients will want to meet on your days off. Management can put you in any community at any time. I’ve been driving an hour for a year, even though there are communities closer to me. There is only one manager currently, he’s pretty bad. He’s rude, and often wrong, he does not admit mistakes, if it’s coming down to a sale, it’s best to get the VP involved. He told me Incorrect information three times that almost killed deals. Luckily I talked with the VP and found he was wrong. The VP and president are great. The people are great and talented, I’ve had excellent sales partners. I pay about 98 a check for all my benefits and picked all the highest packages. The benefits are good I think. But I still pay about 100 out of pocket for a physical or exam. I went to the emergency room once and had to pay 442 out of pocket after insurance. It’s good for surgeries and having a baby. My max out of pocket is 350.00 (that apparently didn’t apply for my emergency room) anywho here’s the current compensation: 36k /year Draw (first 3 months forgiven) 50/month phone reimbursement 1.5% of each deal for first two deals written a month or 4k , whichever is greater 1.75% of each deal written after first 2. Or 4500 , whichever is greater. If you write 4 deals in a month , the last two get the higher pay You get paid after the home closes , nothing before If you don’t sell inventory , you will owe 9K by the time your fist home closes, maybe 12k. Usually your first commission check is 0 as you pay back draw It takes about a year to ramp up. If you don’t sell at least 4 your first quarter, just quit and try again later. You’ll be in the hole a long time and it’s hard to get out."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Average KB Home Ratings in the Past 2 Years

Superintendent

"Kb home is a huge home builder across the USA. They are working on being the most customer obsessed home builder. The division in Austin Tx, made the performance club 2 years in a row. And it has not been done by any other division since 2006."

in Valencia, CA

"I worked for KB HOME for almost 4 years. I became not only the homeowners contractor/builder but became close in relationship and trust status. I gained homeowners trust and confidence in my job and as a human."

in San Ramon, CA

"Production home building is more of an art than a science. As I walk down Palermo Ct. in Salinas watching my 22 homes being built, all in various stages of construction and knowing I have put together the build sequencing, managing the subs, monitoring the quality, calling for inspections, and my favorite part, walking the new homeowners it is more of a ballet than a construction project."

in Wildomar, CA

"I have worked for KB for three years now. They hired me as a superintendent. I am currently on my fourth project with them. KB Home is a very fast paced company. There is no room for error. They are very customer obsessed. Great company to work for if you love working with customers and fast paced work!"

in Tucson, AZ

"KB Home is a Great Company to work for."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Senior CAD Drafter

"Company is okay. Nothing bad to say."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Assistant Superintendent

"I have worked for KB Home for 4 years and I am very thankful and would recommend to anyone who has the opportunity to be employed by KB Home to take it. The benefits are great and supervisors were the best I have ever worked under. Again Thank You KB Home."

in Tucson, AZ

"A good place to work if you have the chance to take it"

in Stockton, CA

"I have worked with KB home for roughly 6 months. The timelines given to complete a home are a bit of a challenge but doable with the right team. Currently, we have a fellow employee who does not work, constantly complains and has issues with most subcontractors and KB Home management. Unfortunately, this individual gets away with all these acts because the Superintendent is related to this individual. It makes it hard to work with someone who bad mouths the company and does not take it serious."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Valencia, CA

"we are the 2nd biggest builder in America. We have divisions all across the Nation. We are the fastest building residential company out there. We strive to make and build relationships and happy homeowners."

Director of Operations

"I have worked for KB Home for 12 Years, in three different divisions. I have reported directly to Division Presidents, and I found this company fulfilling to work for, and I believe that they have great moral values, with respect to their employees. For me it was a very supportive and nurturing company to work with."