(based on 15 KB Home Review Ratings)
in Valencia, CA

"we are the 2nd biggest builder in America. We have divisions all across the Nation. We are the fastest building residential company out there. We strive to make and build relationships and happy homeowners."

Director of Operations

"I have worked for KB Home for 12 Years, in three different divisions. I have reported directly to Division Presidents, and I found this company fulfilling to work for, and I believe that they have great moral values, with respect to their employees. For me it was a very supportive and nurturing company to work with."

KB Home (45)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Standard Pacific Homes (21)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Austin Industrial (10)
KB Home Employee
in Westwood, CA

"I've worked for KB Home nine years, I've found it to be a strong company in the home building field with good ethical values and an emphasis on customer retention."

Purchasing Agent
in Centennial, CO

"I negotiate contracts and act as a liaison for the department"

What do you like about working at KB Home?

"I love what I do and am able to work independently. My boss trusts me to get the job done correctly. I have a strong understanding of the process and feel confident in the work I produce."

"You must be a hard worker and be willing to cross departmental lines. Job descriptions do not matter at KB Home; everyone helps as needed to ensure the job is done correctly and on time."

What don't you like about working at KB Home?

"There is a lack of career growth opportunity in our division. I am qualified to move on but the structure is such that there is no room for a next level of management in my department."

"I would ask they re-evaluate the promotion system for all employees. I would also suggest a yearly review of supervisory staff by their subordinates."

Average KB Home Ratings in the Past 2 Years

Builder
in Cary, NC

What do you like about working at KB Home?

"They were very structured as a company, lots of training. At the same time, it was the middle of the the real estate bubble and the local management was clueless. PR was great, back office operations, not so much."

"Do your research. Ask around and get other people's opinions and decide for yourself. I was lured by a decent salary, but had no idea of the skeletons in the closet. Also, have a candid and honest conversation with your prospective manager about their expectations before you get on board,"

What don't you like about working at KB Home?

"Already explained previously, KB was a learning experience for sure, but not a good one. A lot of running around, looking like you're doing a lot. All the while, the sky is falling and you're screwing up things as much as doing things correctly,"

"There was way too much emphasis on how things looked. It didn't matter if it it made sense or not, just maintain the status quo and llok like you're doing it right. The culture of do and say what we want to hear and when that doesn't work, we'll fix it on the back end. And, BTW, it was your fault to begin with. Slow down a bit, get your ducks in a row, and do it right the first time. Then when the business side gets going, you're ready."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Contractor
in Gray, TN
Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2.9 / 5 Work Setting 2.9 / 5
Support You Get 2.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Way You Work 3.9 / 5
Sales Counselor

What do you like about working at KB Home?

"Great back office support. Construction staff and customer service is also great."

"Make sure to fight for a good community. If you don't you will be making the minimum draw of $30K."

What don't you like about working at KB Home?

"If you don't get into a good selling community you will not make any money. 100% commission sales on a graduated scale. Management makes you write contracts even if client doesn't qualify for a loan. Then you take a cancel on the contract making it difficult to move up the commission scale."

"Help sales counselors make commissions rather than fight them on writing contracts that will never go through."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Person You Work For 4.8 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.4 / 5
in Las Vegas, NV
Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.8 / 5
Sales Counselor
Person You Work For 4.4 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Work Setting 4.8 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.8 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.4 / 5
in Wildomar, CA
Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4.9 / 5
Support You Get 4.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.4 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Way You Work 4.7 / 5
Material Planner
in Gray, TN

"This job does not pay enough."

Person You Work For 2.1 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2.2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1.1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.2 / 5
Company Culture 2 / 5 Way You Work 4.9 / 5
Director of Purchasing

"I loved working foir Lewis Homes because of the positive, team oriented attitude of the company."

What don't you like about working at KB Home?

"I had no dislikes working for Lewis other than the occasional friction common to all business cultures and then only rarely"

"I have no suggestions for management as I always enjoyed working for the then General Manager who had made significant changes to Lewis' operations before I arrived All the systems that he had in place moved the company forward."