(based on 2 IMG Academies Review Ratings)
2.2
4.6
2.0
2.4
IMG Academies Employee
in Bradenton, FL

"IMG Academy is in the business of trying to be a for-profit school for as much profit as the owners can possibly squeeze out of it. It costs $75K a year to go there. This is the most expensive High School or College in the nation! It’s also the largest boarding school in the nation. You would think this would mean the students would have beautiful dorms, but you would be wrong. The rooms are unbelievably small with one small window. Despite this incredible revenue, we were told in the Campus Life department we could not afford PENS for our front desk. We had to buy our own. The owners wouldn’t even buy us enough ladders for the bunk beds in the dorms – forcing students to dangerously climb up and down 6 foot high bunk beds without a ladder. Unfortunately there are enough wealthy, gullible parents who are willing to pay this price with the dreams of their kid getting a pro sports contract (Only 2% of IMG grads eventually turn pro). Some parents send their marginally athletic kids there to get them out of their house. "Sport Advisers" will seek out "full pay" kids who will sit on the bench of their teams to pay for scholarships for the great athletes from lesser economic backgrounds who will help them win. Other schools refused to play IMG Football because IMG recruits and pulls the best players from other programs. In summer camps you would see 60 kids on ONE tennis court awaiting their chance to hit a ball. IMG has an iconic (but undeserved) reputation around the country. I was Head of House in the dorm and witnessed an ungodly level of bullying, theft, fighting, vandalism, etc. The sense of entitlement among these wealthy students boggles the mind. Kids would get into trouble for drugs, alcohol, etc. and parents would lie for them to get them out of it - creating an unwinnable battle. During the summer camps they would pack 1,000 kids into a dorm built for 500."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
IMG Academies Employee

What don't you like about working at IMG Academies?

"Company shows lack of commitment to the purported mission: developing athletes. Focus is more on profit taking."

Person You Work For 4.2 / 5 People You Work With 4.8 / 5 Work Setting 4.9 / 5
Support You Get 2.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.8 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.5 / 5

IMG Academies (3)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is AmeriCorps (34)
2.4 Lowest Rated in this Industry is OrthoNet (5)
Prep Chef
in Bradenton, FL

"great people to work with, but no career with the people who head up the dept."

What do you like about working at IMG Academies?

"with in 5 miles of home"

What don't you like about working at IMG Academies?

"no where to go in career"

"make it more professional, and up date the kitchen."