(based on 9 GENEX Services Review Ratings)
2.6
in Indianapolis, IN

"The only pro is that you do get to work from home. The schedule is not as flexible as they claim it is. Long hours, sometimes 12-16 hour days, no flex time for working this, high demands to produce billing for the branch manager to make her unreasonable quotta's for the month. They will give you excellent performance eval's and then all of a sudden when you question certain practices and become a spoke person for other's privately they do not like and find ways to terminate you leaving you without income and giving you a termination on your record. They will call you their "golden child" say that you are "their favorite" and then stab you in the back. They will keep your monthly incentive you worked hard for and deserved as this is for billing requirement saying you had billing discrepancies which is not true and they brag about your billing to others until they no longer need you to make themselves es look good to save money. Your reimbursement for mileage is not to be audited and to be addressed with the IRS if their are any discrepancies if you get audited, at least that is what is told but not the case and told up front to add to mileage to cover up what you cannot bill for (told to others in meetings and at time of hire) and then that is not the case...since when....no other company I have worked for audits mileage so something is fishy with this one. People with tenure and experienced are not offered positions. they offer positions to people with less experience or their friends or one's they can manipulate to do what they want and what not is practical for others. No room for advancement. There is no work/life balance. They will micromanage you to no end. You will be exhausted. Upper management really needs to be looked at more closely and replaced at this branch and maybe others as well. The wage does not equal to what is expected of you as a RN. Be aware of this company's practices at least at the Indianapolis branch."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Virginia Beach, VA

"The manager in this location is very numbers and billing oriented. Company is URAC so there is a lot of unnecessary paperwork and computer time. They do have a good benefit package and pay what large companies do, but given the limits on time allowed for billing and the extra requirements for their accreditation, they should consider higher salaries. Work at home is good, but their IT support and equipment supplied is a bit shaky."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

GENEX Services (14)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Pace Suburban Bus (6)
2.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Wave2Wave Communications (10)
Field Case Manager
in Wayne, PA

"The Southeast Regional Vice President at GENEX has no business being in management! He’s been lucky to have good people under him doing their job and covering his butt, however, it becomes obvious that, “The emperor has no clothes”… This became apparent after he began making disastrous decisions involving key management positions. Unworthy demotions of some and promotions to others led to serious decline of morale and revenue."

Senior Project Manager
in Wayne, PA

"My rating below is based on the last 2 out of 13 years at GENEX."

What do you like about working at GENEX Services?

"I liked the people I worked with for 12 years. The culture was: open, fostered productive teams, embraced new ideas, managed with compassion, created a family atmosphere where we believed we were an integral part of the company, encouraged training and growth and last, GENEX did not have a culture that encouraged the blame game as it does now."

"I don't have any tips to share. I'm sure he culture will change to something positive once the acquisition activities have ended."

What don't you like about working at GENEX Services?

"I do not like the new culture that came with the team of folks that were acquired in the last acquisition. The new team actually encouraged several employees to blame someone in another team so they are not to blame. To me that does not demonstrate team work and it does not foster a trusting relationship that is needed. When work volume is high, trust and compassion is required for the employees to be willing to put in overtime for more than 5 weeks at a time. I know of employees that worked every weekend for 5 weeks in addition to working 12 hour days. I believe it's due to 1) poor management and 2) poor management on behalf of the consulting company hired for managing the acquisition. Another item I don't care too much about is the lack of support found with their HR dept. Instead of laying off people after the acquisition, they appear to be encouraging managers to performance manage staff members out the door. I also did not like being assigned two major projects for which we didn't have support from functional leaders and resources. Everyone agreed the projects needed to get done, but could not commit to getting it done at that time. If the functional managers can't agree to commit, then how can you succeed in getting their resources to commit"

"Have a heart and if you need to remove staff due to the acquisition, then lay them off instead of slowly breaking them down one by one. Don't encourage the blame game and be a leader. Think beyond your own needs and think about the department and the company."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Vocational Case Manager
in Torrance, CA

What do you like about working at GENEX Services?

"I loved providing vocational rehabilitation, ergonomic evaluations, job analyses and other return-to-work to services to clients."

"Be very clear about the radius in which you are willing to work, about the hours you are willing to work and ask to look at the mandatory list of billable hours. Then ask how much you can bill for task assignments. If you have the education and credentials for the job ask if your counterpart in the next district also has the education and credentials so you will not have to cover that district as well."

What don't you like about working at GENEX Services?

"My manager talked at me rather than with me; no face to face meetings; dictatorial and unreasonable."

"Acknowledge excellent work, assertively versus aggressively manager and treat all employees with respect and consideration."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Administrative Assistant
in Schaumburg, IL
Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.6 / 5 Work Setting 4.6 / 5
Support You Get 4.8 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.8 / 5
Supervising Attorney
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.8 / 5
Administrative Assistant

"Great place to work, unfortunately my time there was cut short."

Registered Nurse
in Orange, CA
Person You Work For 4.9 / 5 People You Work With 4.8 / 5 Work Setting 4.8 / 5
Support You Get 4.8 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.7 / 5
Medicare Consultant

What do you like about working at GENEX Services?

"I usually worked from my home doing Medicare Set A-side cost projections."

What don't you like about working at GENEX Services?

"I enjoy management duties, training and working with nurses, but usually worked alone without patient or other nurse contact."

"I believe a good manager gives employees the tools they need to do a good job including additional, if appropriate and provides fair equal treatment for all employees."

RN Case Manager

What do you like about working at GENEX Services?

"I loved the home office independence and team work. I really enjoyed the culture, co-workers and the excellent support I received. Unfortunately there was not enough case work to support all of the case managers."

Lab Technician

What don't you like about working at GENEX Services?

"lack of leadership, all labs got same raises even if other labs didn't produce same"

"be firm, stand your ground, make everyone pull thier weight, don't reward for lacking work"

Director of IT

"Genex is an extremely creative environment with a great deal of energy."

What do you like about working at GENEX Services?

"Very young hip company."

What don't you like about working at GENEX Services?

"At the time I was there I was at the top of my department so I had to leave to find more responsibility."

in Sacramento, CA

"Field office is an excellent benefit"

What do you like about working at GENEX Services?

"Flexibility of scheduling my own hours."

What don't you like about working at GENEX Services?

"Incentive plan at the current time."

"Superiors should have nursing degrees in order to manage nurses"