(based on 60 Gannett Co. Review Ratings)
in Louisville, KY

"I've been employed with Gannett since 2011 and have never worked for such a pitiful company. The computers break down, you are suppose to help customers but get in trouble for helping a customer that may go into your break, the compensation is horrible for college graduates and non college graduates that have more experience and knowledge than the managers. There is little support from team leads. Or knowledge about company changes from management. Only a job if needed badly."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Des Moines, IA

"I've worked for Gannett for about 8 years and overall the company is decent to it employees. However, the department that I am in has limited room for advancement. The overall change in the industry has been trending down for the past few years."

in Palm Springs, CA

"I started working for G/O Digital, a Gannett Company less then 6 months ago. It is not a great opportunity as I expected it to be.There is very little brand recognition, so the benefit of working for a Gannett company is lost. It is very similar to working for a Digital Agency start up, but without the hoorah!The quotas and metrics are unrealistic and the commission payouts are not competitive. Beware... everything that glitters isn't gold."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Regional Sales Manager
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"My manager was wonderful. He made it easy to want to work hard for him. The pay was commensurate with my experience. I traveled the Western US and enjoyed selling their education product."

Gannett Co. Employee

"Worked with Gannett for two years. Fantastic work environment, great coworkers. Compensation is a little low. Mandatory overtime for months in a row can get exhausting. Love my job, just wish there was a little more incentive."

in Mesa, AZ

"The company often turns and burns employees. High level management is disconnected from staff and actual projects. Not particularly honest with employees."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Digital Designer
in Des Moines, IA

"I've worked for Gannet since 2008 and have found it only average and have seen it turn into a corporate conglomerate that simply looks to obtain any new graduates, pay them minimally, not offer raises and discard them on a whim."

Advertising Operations Manager
in McLean, VA

"I've worked at Gannett Digital since 2008 and feel like my time here is coming to an end. I've enjoyed the experiences I've had, the people I've met, and appreciate all that I've learned, but I feel that there is more to see and more to learn. Moving into a product, agency, or non-publisher role would give me a better understanding of the industry."

in Indianapolis, IN

"It's a tired environment. People are individually nice, but company-wide aren't very happy. The organization philosophy is a lot of talk without much execution. It was a job."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in McLean, VA

"Gannett Digital is a great place to work. The environment is conducive to development and growth, and the workplace is very nice."

in Greensboro, NC

"Great employees to work with. About everyone is very friendly and easy to work with. They have lots of servers and networking equipment. You get to see and interact with all the news anchors. You get to work around live TV equip.Down side is that you are pretty limited on what you can do due to being owned by Gannett Corp. You *will* get called in late at night if something IT related goes down. Server room is a huge mess of cables strewn about everywhere. It is impossible to tackle it."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
Senior Operations Manager
in McLean, VA

"I've worked for Gannett for 15 years, and the company has been very good to me. I have been lucky enough to have moved up within the company, and worked with many great people."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
VP of Network Services
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"Employees are not valued for contributions, but on how they are liked by CEO.."

What do you like about working at Gannett Co.?

"Had a good boss who listened to what I ad to say"

"Great place to work if you are in a creative role, but poor if you are a member of middle management."

What don't you like about working at Gannett Co.?

"All decision were made at the top, with little communication or input from senior staff"

"Plan the work, work the plans and empower the managers to carry out the plans"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Senior Manager

What do you like about working at Gannett Co.?

"The people, the HR dpt, the digital team, the building, the cafeteria"

"Negotiate your benefits well and compare them with similar jobs out there before you accept."

What don't you like about working at Gannett Co.?

"The lack of vision and leadership style of the marketing department"

"A re-shuffle of the marketing organization starting at the CMO level. The marketing department is loosing its best talent and is keeping more progressive parts of the group from performing."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Digital Specialist
in Chandler, AZ

"As a Digital Specialist, I sold software to schools and formed partnerships with non-profits."

What do you like about working at Gannett Co.?

"Working at Gannett Co has many fringe benefits: event tickets, community involvement, meeting new people, etc."

"Follow your heart, dreams and passion and the rest will come."

What don't you like about working at Gannett Co.?

"No support and management is out of touch with reality."

"Go back to basics and apply what you preach to your customers."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5