(based on 19 Full Sail University Review Ratings)
"I have worked at Full Sail University for just over two years now. Full Sail has given me the opportunity to constantly keep up to date with new technologies that are being offered in the game development program. While also challenging me to improve in areas to game development that I was not the strongest in while I was pursuing my degree. Full Sail is a great place to work and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a place to keep up with current technologies."
Posted 7 years ago in Orlando, FL
Student
in Orlando, FL

"Full Sail did a great job at preparing me for the games industry as well as teaching me how to work with people on large projects. I had a very positive experience at Full Sail as a student and my colleagues feel the same way."

Student
in Winter Park, FL

"I've been a student at Full Sail for 2 years. I have been through the whole curriculum and can say with certainty it's the best college for hands on film production experience. We get to shoot our own shots and edit with industry standard equipment as soon as month 4 of our 20 month program. It's taught me so much about filmmaking and makes me excited to be able to go out there and experience the actual industry."

Full Sail University (22)

4.9 Highest Rated in this Industry is Northwest Missouri State University (6)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Vatterott College (8)
in Winter Park, FL

"I have attended Full Sail University for nearly three years now. During my time here, from 2017-2020, I have had the pleasure of extensively learning game design and principles. During the pursuit of my master's degree I had the pleasure of working at the campus' User Experience Lab and extensively learning design and research methodologies while gaining real world work experience."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Winter Park, FL

"I am only a peer tutor but would definitely recommend if you were also a student here, it lets you practice what you learned as well as good communication skills."

Average Full Sail University Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Winter Park, FL

"Full Sail University has been a great experience. I have learned all the skills that I would need to be successful in today workforce. They have taught me how to code and how to design games that I have always imagined making. They have also taught me how to work with a group of individuals from different disciplines to make one cohesive product."

User Experience Researcher
in Winter Park, FL

"Amazing place. Learned a lot from both the PhD holding lab scientists. Got an opportunity to build my analytic skills along with a strong emphasis on user research."

Peer Tutor
in Winter Park, FL

"I tutored students at Full Sail University for almost a full year. I enjoyed teaching and watching a student apply what they had just learned. I did not have co-workers or a work environment. I would often meet students at the library on campus."

in Winter Park, FL

"It really depends on what department you work for but in the case of my particular position and department, I do more teaching than those above me and due to some new hires I also know more than them. Add that to the fact that in order to move up I need more years of experience, it's just not a good long term position. I will say though, that the flexibility and ability to do work on the side is something that will not be found with any other job."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Winter Park, FL

"Full Sail is a fantastic organization with a family atmosphere. I feel that the management at Full Sail greatly cares about their employees and will work with anyone in accomplishing their goals."

Lab Instructor

in Orlando, FL

"I worked at Full Sail for 2 and a half years and overall it was about an okay experience. The best reason to work there is the people you work with everyday. The company itself is maybe a step above terrible mostly due to it's poor leadership. They also have a bad habit of withholding vacation pay due to mistakes made by management."

in Orlando, FL

"I have worked at Full Sail for three years, it was a very good experience. I was able to not only help others become better programmers. But I was also able to improve my own skills because I needed to make labs for students to complete. I would recommend being a supervisor to anyone who wants to improve their skills. Before they actually get into the industry."

in Winter Park, FL

"Its a good place to learn, but not a place you want to move on from and not be employed at for long."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Lab Specialist
in Winter Park, FL

"Unfortunately, with most positions in education, the salary is far below market averages. Additionally, due to the nature of accreditation boards, highly knowledgeable employees are overlooked for those with more years of experience. As a result, many that would love to stay and become educators have to leave rather than stay at retail-level pay."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Advisor
in Orlando, FL

What do you like about working at Full Sail University?

"The money isn't bad, and there's lot of parties and perks."

"The training is the same show our student see. You'll be made to believe that it's run like Google. The flashy electronics aside, the inner workings of the school are antiquated and frustrating."

What don't you like about working at Full Sail University?

"I only deal with the worst of the students. I never leave my desk. I never have any personal contact with anyone I work for or with."

"I'd like it to be easier to move between jobs and departments."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5